Tell me something about the Habsburgs, Veeky Forums

Tell me something about the Habsburgs, Veeky Forums.

What were they like? What's the general consensus on their legacy?

they tried to conquer Europe through bloodlines.
might have worked 200 year prior but in the end it certainly had its advantages and disadvantages.

people may argue that they caused the Religious wars. Others say they were noble minded.

few of them were chill, some were brilliant military strategists (undermined by their empire's bureaucracy and autism) but many were absolute retards. Notably Ferdinand who ruled for a long period of time and spread his grand autismo where he could.

In terms of military history the Habsburg armies are vastly underrestimated to how well they actually fought due to their foes being better and fighting for better causes but the country did an amazing job at uniting different cultures and languages under one banner.

If only it was federalized and the autismos were cucked like the british royalty

Ever been to a trailer park in the Deep South?

Pick the most inbred fucks out of there, descend their line (no forks) down about 500 years, then give them crowns, an entire continent, and all the ducats in existence.

THAT'S your Hapsburgs.

Ruined Europe

/thread

hapsburgs were educated

doesn't take away their extra chromozones

southern rednecks have poor education, that's what makes them dumb. the chromosomes are just an extra

They went head to head with the Capetians, the other great continental royal house, and lost miserably. They are now extinct in the male line, while a Bourbon still sits on the throne of Spain today.

They sure as hell weren't beheaded and driven out of their country.

that only makes it worse because they made some of the dumbest decisions in history.

Habsburgs constantly barked and talked a lot of smack but were never ready for the prussian modern army in 1866 and then for the better equiped allies in ww1. It's basically like that short kid behind the bully who goes "Ya gonna letem say that to ya, jimmy!?!" and then get's thrown to the side

they had autism

Was Julius Ceasar the Habsburgerest Habsburg that ever lived?

>religious wars
>not noble

Religious wars are pretty stupid

They were Catholic so I support everything they did.

I am Hungarian, so i have mixed feelings about Habsburgs, they were our kings. But sometimes they fucked pretty hard, anyways still respect them.

In term of fighting with the ottomans, they fucked up pretty hard. They were fighting at west, meanwhile, Medival/newage Hungary was basically a punchbag for Turkish, we did hold them up, but we got decimated in process. The kingdom lost more than 50% of its population. If they would realise earlier that they need to deal with the turks, the Hungarian poppulation wouldnt drop significantly.

The other thing was what opens the knife in my pocket, that Franz Josef called the Russians against us, when he realised, that we can beat them 1v1. And iam not talking about his dick moove that he played the cards and turned the romanians, croatians, serbs against us.

But their biggest fault was not modernising the army in time. They almoust got their ass handed to them in 48' after it, they lost to prussians, after it ww1 came. If in ww1 we would had only an army what had 3 nations (Austrian, Hungarian and Croatian) with tactics and strategies and equipment like the Germans had, we would btfo everybody. Yeah sure, we did quite well, against italians and russians and romanians, but the help of the germans was necessary.

They had this great thing going where they expanded through marriages.
But they were absolutely horrible administrators. Their realms almost always ended up fracturing and tended to be unstable messes.

off yourself anti-white scum

he didn't say anything anti-white you retard

Everyone hated them while they were in power, but even Jews missed them when they were gone.

The irony is that Matthias Corvinus spent all of his money invading the West and Vienna while the Ottomans were a clearly growing threat in the south. You can't say that it was the Habsburgs that made that mistake alone. Then you have the failed Crusade at Varna earlier than that after which the Poles and Hungarians swore off seriously crusading against the Ottomans, therefore dooming Constantinople.

The European Wars Of Religion were pretty much wars against religion.