Dresden. Why?

Dresden. Why?

Germany would have dominated Europe sooner or later and would ultimately threaten the British dominance over the old continent, therefore it had to be destroyed. Or at least that's what motivated Churchill.

Play with fire, you get burnt.

You must have a very fragile sense of identity and pride if you have to justify crimes against cultural heritage and civilians.

Even the Nazis managed to apologize for the destruction they caused in the Netherlands and Spain, recognising the signififance of the cultural heritage destroyed.

>implying that the Germans weren't perfectly fine with bombing civilians and cultural heritage until they were MADE to be sorry

What part of Vi Victus do you NOT understand?

Degeneracy breeds corruption of the soul, and British aristocracy and upper class are the epitome of depravation.

Studying the Opium Wars, there's really nothing more you need to know about these kind of people.

because Guernica

Because Warsaw

because Rotterdam

anglo

Because London

Because Belgrade

Anglos and poles don't count as human beings.

start shit get hit

I think it was suppose to an English display of power in front of the soviets along with being nothing then a spiteful act by the British high command.

In this case Dresden bombing is not a war crime, just a reaction of nature

Do it again, Bomber Harris!

As if Berlin was´nt bombed before London.

As if Germany did nothing to deserve it

As if Germany did´nt purposely avoid bombing British cities while sending messages asking for peace.

As if Germany couldn't understand what military alliances are all about

That's correct, they didn't avoid bombing British cities while sending messages asking for peace.

And who are you to say that they are not humans?

Quads don't lie

I´m not laffin
As if military alliances mean jack shit

>I´m not laffin

No one cares, Hans.

>tfw germans specifically targeted polish and serbian national libraries

>They have an alliance, so a guy in it won't react if I attack another guy in it
Is... is this what they call Autism?

G*rmany - crippling the culture of Europe since 476

This kills the anglo.

Poor Mr Bean, he loved that car.

if you don't want your country to get bombed don't start a war with a country with an air force

So they are meant to react to the invasion of Poland months before with the bombing of Berlin?

Anglos are bullies.

>Even the Nazis managed to apologize for the destruction they caused in the Netherlands and Spain

I guess that makes it all better then. Nazis truly did nu nuffin wrong.

Why not?

Nothing like some toasty nazis.

We ought to have firebombed more cities.

The British did firebomb more cities. What I never got about Dresden is why the focus. It wasn't the hardest hit city by a long shot, which would probably go to either Hamburg or Bochum, depending on whether you're counting absolute carnage or destruction as measured by percentage of the city.

But Dresden is the firebombing that everyone knows about.

What's that thing in your image? In the green uniform.

DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS

AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN

[launches V2 rockets at London as late as Feburary 1945]

then dont complain about Dresden

Why not?

Krautism is an epidemic that needs to be nuked out of existance.
Similar to how the Balkans need to stop acting like 3rd world shitholes.

The reason is that in the aftermath of the Dresden bombing the Nazis out out propaganda that hundreds of thousands had been killed, which has led to various inflated claims of casualty figures over the years leading Dresden to be the most talked about and controversial of the major bombings.

eternal kraut removal

buisness is boomin

Because it was a railway hub and major industrial area. Bombing it was meant to facilitate Soviet operations in the east. This could have been better accomplished had they all followed the American plan, but Harris was irrationally insistent that destroying workers was better than destroying machinery and infrastructure. Speer noted after war that the American strikes were much more effective when the British asked him about it.

Don't start nothin', there won't be nothin'.

I fucking made that OC m8. Thanks for using it have some more.

Words to live by.

huh?

9000 hours of paint.

>Harris was irrationally insistent that destroying workers was better than destroying machinery and infrastructure.

Takes longer to make new ones and make them operational,

The part where you mangled the Latin phrase, you dumb middle school fedoratipper.

>Harris was irrationally insistent that destroying workers was better than destroying machinery and infrastructure
You are truly stupid if you think Harris was irrational in thinking that. Machinery and tools are extremely hard to destroy by bombing. You can obliterate a factory, but the enemy can simply dig up the machines and tools and start over again in no time. Humans are a lot easier to destroy.

Not that guy, but no, Harris was a big poo-pooher of the idea of strategic bombing as an economic weapon, because he thought air war could completely supplant land war, instead of being a supporting arm to it. Bombing oil wells? Panacea, stupid, won't work. Bombing even the oil workers, assuming you could target them, is just another way of doing the same.

No, you win a war from the air by causing the enemy morale to break and to sue for peace because they're homeless and starving and being bombed. To the end of the war he believed it, or at least wrote about how that was the proper way to do things. And it didn't work. Sure, people weren't exactly happy in Germany the way things were being smashed to bits, but it never produced either a successful revolt against the Nazi party or forced the Nazis to surrender.He actually didn't want to destroy workers (and I would have to disagree with the user you replied to) either. He wanted to make them homeless and miserable and a drain on the welfare and morale of the Reich.

And well, it didn't work.

Not really.

Remember the Blitz Spirit schlock? You don't actually believe it didn't apply to the Germans as well, right? They had fucking Goebbels shrieking on the radio every other night and hate him all you want, but that dude knew what to say and said it until the very last weeks of the war when morale finally broke.

Why didn't Hitler just have all British POWs in German camps killed for Dresden as revenge?

Because word would get out and the Brits would return the favour.

The consider the world dominated by non humans, sorry mate but anglos have held the reigns of power for 300 years so far

HA! They sent peace treaties that where in their favour. The Brits set a line, that line was poland. Should of Remained happy with czechoslovakia

WHO WON THE BLOODY WAR, ANYWAY!!??

Won the war

Lost the peace

Probably Industry and demoralization.

Oh, the Allies won. But the Allies won by occupying Germany with boots on the ground after a pretty major struggle on land, not because the German people broke under the strain and sued for peace. Harris's strategic notion of HOW to win the war was fatally flawed. It's hard to even measure how bad the morale was among the civilian population, or what contributions, if any, that made to the overall war effort. Most of the Insiders in the Nazi war machine didn't seem worried about the dehousing, it was the economic angle they were primarily worried about.

What was it that Speer determined? The Aerial capaign affected something like 5 percent of the industrial output of the entire war and only had a real effect when the Americans started bombing the oil fields and refineries.

He also said they could have knocked the Nazis out of the war with two weeks of nonstop attacks on the field at any time. They didn't.

and we see how that worked out. british dominance over the old continent is gone, just as their empire while the german economy is flourishing. germany holds a key role in the eu while the uk has choosen to isolate themselves by abandoning it. history is funny sometimes.

Because the Jews and communists want to genocide white people.

Speer didn't determine shit. He never conducted a study of strategic bombing, he just said some random things off hand.

And how much Genocide would there have been had Germany not invaded Poland?

Shouldn't have revolted :^)

Yeah, the line was halfway into Poland. That way they didn't have to declare war on the Soviet Union who also invaded Poland. Military alliance my ass

>alienware

why not? germany deserved it

same cuck from /pol/

Stormcuck detected.

To remind every single kraut that war has a price and that price is high, very fucking high.

The Flame of Freedom burns bright in this one.

>DO IT AGAIN BOMBER HARRIS

You forgot how the war killed the floewer of German youth and Germany proper and the acts he condone probably fast tracked the civil rights movement in the United States leading to this regressive left movement.

>I post multiple answers on OP's dumbass question so I must be a guy browsing another section, who enjoys watching my partner have sex with someone else

The guy on the left is right. Cuckold politicians like Merkel would've never existed if it wasn't for the Hitler guilt.

The US and to some extent Britain were getting big into the whole strategic bombing thing, some folks going as far as to propose that they could basically win the war with bombers.
So they pulled Dresden as an experiment of sorts. They were looking for a good example of the concept.

>I have absolutely no fucking clue what I'm talking about but I'm going to post anyway and nobody can stop me!

Protip: You do your proof of concept experiments a bit before 2 months prior to the war ending and after you've spent enormous amounts of blood and treasure building these massive bombers. Hell, Dresden wasn't even their first firestorm.

Dresden. Why not?

>yeah who cares about Danzig anyways, Fritz
>We got the Sudetenland back, so why should we even care what these people in Danzig want. Peace is probably better

fucking saved

>all these bullshit excuses

Even if they're primary sources, I still think they're bullshit. We just wanted to roast some Germans, plain and simple. The only regret I have is that those kraut pieces of shit surrendered before we could nuke a couple cities.

because Anglo """humans""" thought that killing civilians was okay because "muh evil Naziis"

Should have finished the job. The G*rms have been a plague on Europe since forever.

Yeah, the nazis totally didn't kill civilians. How could they ever have expected it.

so your mother deserves to die if you kill my mother?

>believes in blood feuds
Do you happen to be of Hebrew extraction per chance?

No but if you kill my mother, and then a bunch of other mothers, and refuse to stop killing mothers until we corner you on your bunker, then yes your mother will be killed if its the only thing to make you stop killing mothers. I mean, I forgot how did they program the V1s and V2s not to kill mothers?