"Thus the Apostle Paul has revealed the time when Antichrist will come and when the day of judgment will appear...

"Thus the Apostle Paul has revealed the time when Antichrist will come and when the day of judgment will appear. "But there is one entreaty we would make of you ... as you look forward to the time when our Lord Jesus Christ will come," he writes in the letter to the Thessalonians, and explains the problem when he says "the apostasy must come first; the champion of wickedness must appear first, destined to inherit perdition." For we know, since after the Greek Empire and the Persian Empire, each one of which in its own time thrived in great glory and flourished in greatest power, finally, after the other empires, the Empire of the Romans began, which was the strongest of all earlier kingdoms and had all earthly kingdoms under its dominion, and all nations of peoples lived under the Romans and paid tribute to them. Therefore, the Apostle Paul says that Antichrist will not come into the world unless the apostasy comes first, that is, unless first all the kingdoms which long ago were subject to the Roman Empire secede from it. This time, however, is not yet come, because, even though we see that the Empire of the Romans is for the most part destroyed, nevertheless, as long as the kings of the Franks, who possess the Roman Empire by right, survive, the dignity of the Roman Empire will not perish altogether, because it will endure in the French kings."
- Adso Dervensis

Holy shit... Isn't it weird that modernity really got going after the HRE was officially gone? Is modernity the reign of the Antichrist?

>Holy shit... Isn't it weird that modernity really got going after the HRE was officially gone?

Shifts in culture and politics are pretty common when the balance of power changes, especially when it is a big player like the HRE was.

Also, unless you are defining modernity differently, modernity started 400 years prior.

Also, Adso of Montier-en-Der was a frog so he has all the reason to say
>the dignity of the Roman Empire will not perish altogether, because it will endure in the French kings.

>Frenchman claiming WE WUZ ROMANZ and we holding back the apocalypse and where it

Gee, OP, I dunno.

>pontifex maximus crowns you Roman Empire
>We wuz
kys

Since the Antichrist's claim to be god is the creation of life, and that life AI, yes, all of this technology is building up to that crescendo. And once accomplished, the wrath of God will be poured out on the world.

Really bad times.

>it will endure in the French kings
He meant the French revolution.

>Empire of the Romans is for the most part destroyed
Bar, you know, the east

>long as the kings of the Franks, who possess the Roman Empire by right

The Frankish empire fell apart in a few generations.
The HRE was the Ottonian Germans. Doesn't really count.

also, op:
>IT MEANS WHEN THE HRE WAS GONE THE ANTI-CHRIST TIME WOULD COME
>HRE
>'French Kings'

m8

>implying he has the right to do so

Except the successor of the Roman Empire was Imperial Russia. The ball started rolling when the Jews deposed and ritually murdered the Romanovs in the Bolshevik Revolution.

>you need the "right"
He had enough of a right so much so as people took him seriously. this is enough of a "right." He also had the right from God.

>the bible is true!
No.
PS. There's a parallel religion that says the serpent in the garden was good and that states every religion in earth has the same being behind, people get some times personally invited by God into it, one quirk is that during your first moments in it your pupils may turn reptile like for a small time, mine did for a while.
You have to understand YHVH is evil.

Gnostics are not "anti-Bible." They simply have more books and a different theology. Much of the bible is fine from a gnostic perspective. Especially Wisdom of Sirach, Song of Songs and the Book of John.

>No, you don't believe what you believe, you believe what I say.

Gnostics are literally antichrist. They do not believe that Jesus came down from heaven in the flesh.

1 John 4
Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

The bible also says you can do high level wizardry in the name of Jesus, start there before calling anyone deceiver.

>blahblah you seek a sign blahblah
A true deceiver needs to use words to justify his lack of divine power.

>The bible also says you can do high level wizardry in the name of Jesus

Chapter and verse please.

Oh, never mind. You're that idiotic /pol/ Spaniard running around denying anyone has ever witnessed a miracle. This board should have flags.

>accuses me of not being a gnostic

Easy to know.
Should one cause self-harm in a practice similar to penancy?
Must we fast?

hello deceiver

Mark 11:23

Haha, the king of the Frank's having ANY claim on Rome. Top bantz!

Hello idiotic /pol/ Spaniard who does nothing constructive in any thread ever.

If you want to witness a miracle, get saved.

You getting saved would be a miracle.

Gnostics are not hedonist. In fact Aestheticism is one means to achieve the gnosis needed to overcome the demiurge.

If you're looking for a hedonistic philosophy which lets you eat, drink and screw when ever you want look elsewhere.

Gnostics are not hedonist. In fact asceticism is one means to achieve the gnosis needed to overcome the demiurge.

If you're looking for a hedonistic philosophy which lets you eat, drink and screw when ever you want look elsewhere.

I take that to mean that no man has ordered a mountain be cast into the sea without doubt in his heart.

You take it as anyone should be able to toss mountains into the sea.

My way sticks to the language. Yours does not.

And the mountain Jesus was standing on, when he said this? The Mount of Olives. Why is this important? Because at the Second Coming, he will set foot on the Mount of Olives, and it will be split asunder and cast into the sea.

Jesus was telling them not to be impressed with his killing a fig tree and causing it to wither up quickly; that bigger things than that were going to happen, and be seen by them. Similar to what he told Nathaniel.

Are you really trying to say that no gnostics were also hedonists?

kek

Body self punishment to please God is demiurgical.
As for "hedonism" we practice spiritual sex.
Go away with your demiurgery.

I said what I said. Gnosticism is a very ascetic religion at its core. Being a slave to the flesh is what gnostics try to overcome.

This being said, they aren't puritans. Most take a middle way. Should one practice penancy? If they wish. Must you fast? You don't HAVE to, but doing sure will certainly help your chances of whatever your trying to accomplish by being a gnostic.

Of course user, the text always has a secret special meaning to save the day, this also surely explains why didn't you sell all you had to give to the poor.

Some branches of Gnosticism adhered to asceticism as a way to free the eternal spirit by living regimented, plain, and insular lives.

Conversely, some Gnostics went to the other extreme—practicing hedonism—believing that what they did with their bodies did not make any difference since only spirit mattered.

Asceticism is demiurgical.

Yes, because I am not the rich young ruler who spoke face-to-face with Jesus.

Do you have this many problems with other books, or is it only the bible you cannot understand?

I will state that if a man with no doubt in his heart ordered a mountain to cast itself into the sea in the name of Jesus, it would be done.

Do you see the "with no doubt in his heart" condition there?

Do you think that condition is possible?

Actually, whether you deprive the flesh or indulge the flesh you're still living by the flesh.

So it's really 6 for one, half dozen for the other.

And neither of course is pleasing to God, who can only be worshiped in the spirit, not the flesh.

You internet gnostics crack me up. You're like internet Hindus who have never met anyone who has achieved enlightenment, but still believe it's possible.

Fasting is spiritual strengthening. It isn't "derpiving the flesh." such talk shows you don't know what you're talking about.

That condition is 100% assured in the heart of a child, one of the many your church lies to. Then the kid gets disappointed maybe goes fedora.

When you're spiritually dead, fasting is not spiritually strengthening, no. It's just mentally strengthening.

I have never met a child who thinks he can throw a mountain into the ocean. What color is the sky in your world? Ours is mostly blue.

I reached gnosis.
Asceticism is demiurgical.

Just because they have "Roman" in the name doesn't mean that Catholics are anything but LARPers.

kek

You're supposed to be like God now.

Do something godlike.

>When you're spiritually dead, fasting is not spiritually strengthening, no.

A child who believes does not doubt, he doesn't have doubts because he has yet to be dissapointed.

>Latin people
>living in Rome
>living decedents of actual Romans
Seems pretty Roman.

No, I'm not, I'm merely saved.

Merely pointing out the obvious. Well, the obvious to me. Dead men can no more improve their physique by lifting weights than spiritually dead men can improve their spirits by fasting.

If you want to say that the spirits around you become stronger in relation to you as you grow physically weaker, that should be a pretty big red flag that you're living your life foolishly.

And you've met a child who has cast a mountain into the sea.

But you don't have video of it for some reason.

Ponderous.

Gnostic
Saved

Pick one.

You think your acquisition of spooky occult knowledge will save you? You're delusional.

So for people who are spiritually alive (something i'd hope most Gnostics are or aspire to be) you'd admit fasting is spiritually strengthening, correct?

No, I haven't met that kid.
I WAS THAT KID.
I had 100% surety.
Nothing happened.
Went fedora.
Time passed.
The actual God gave me gnosis one day.

the prophecies are true

Gnosis is not intellectual knowledge.
Gnosis is knowing God by experiencing Him within, I experienced God in my spirit.

Absolutely. And of course subject to diminishing returns, and possible death.

So you failed God twice.

Good job.

Gnostic
Indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit of God.

Pick one.

(By the way, that's epignosis, not gnosis.)

Theres nothing holy about your ilk, you child raping innocent burning agents of darkness.

I picked the second option a long time ago. The only thing holy about me is the Holy Spirit dwelling in me.

Its gnosis, its what we seek and how we get saved.

(I'm not a Catholic.)

There is no salvation in gnosticism. Only self-righteous delusion.

We are amoral retard, not self righteous like your kind, btw nice "morals" protecting child rapists.

The French of West Francia were called Holy Roman Emperors, you faggot. Until the imperial crown got to East Francia/Germany/HRE.

You browsed too much Veeky Forums and didn't read actual history books.

(Again, not Catholic.)

Do you realize that in real life, amoral people are generally more evil than immoral people?

No, we simply live life without caring.
You on the other hand care, but being demiurge worshippers, never cease to be evil, it would be amusing if it weren't disgusting.

>West Francia

Actually no. It was the one who controlled Italy who generally got to keep the Imperial title.

t. someone who has actually read history books.