Border Gore Thread

Border Gore Thread

always relevant

the map is not the territory

How.

Why.

basically feudalism taken to its most logical extreme
2 nobles claiming the same territory and eventually came to the logical conclusion: the stronger of the 2 got to keep the lands people lived on so he could demand taxes, the weaker got to keep the unused land

treaty remained in place due to the relative peace in the region for hundreds of years and got grandfathered into the later nationstates

So, you can just cross that line without a passport huh?

yeh, would have been silly not to

and besides you haven't needed a passport to travel between belgium and the netherlands for 6 decades now

heck there's a fun little law where people can sort of decide in which country they live given (due to how the borders routinely go through homes) the country you live in is decided by the location of your front door, and yes you can move your front door

Central Asia is an enormous exercise in JUST

No. Each line depicted on the map is part of a closely guarded border with electrical fences of five feet high. Every marker on the map (H1, N2 etc.) has its own manned gate where passports are being checked. Some of these border guards only have to check approximately five people on an average day. This has led to criticism that all these border controls are a major waste of finances. Yet proponents claim that traditions are worth paying for. The local council prefers the status quo as the bizarre situatiion attracts tourists and the border control is the concern of national government. This renders the strange scene of excessive passport control a net gain for the locals.

this upsets me

JUST

FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI

>being named after a man that never put a foot in your country

Idaho has fine borders.

Didn't they agree to swap land to fix that starting in 2018?

I love how your comment and the picture present a legitimate argument for the resident: the IMPORTANT part of the door (the knob) is in one country, while the MAJORITY of the actual door itself is in the other country. Your nationality is then totally up to you unless TPTB make you flip a coin or such

This shit.

In 1412 Poland gave Hungary a huge loan and those few towns and surrounding villages were collateral. The loan was never repaid and the exclaves stayed in Polish hands for over three centuries until the Commonwealth was partitioned and Habsburgs went all DON'T MIND IF I DO.

You can tell the level of autism involved in the map by whether this is included or not.

How has nobody posted this beauty yet?

>heilige
>römische
>reich

Feudalism is a hell of drug.

>
>
>

The ugliest one of South America coming through this thread

Holy fuck how the hell was that clusterfuck supposed to even function?

The HRE ran on the legal equivalent of the Necronomicon.

>that moment when you realize it lasted for nearly a thousand years and only collapsed because a shitalian larping as a frog tore it down in a tantrum
tbqh they had to have done something right to last that long.