How did 1919 Poland have the military to beat the Soviets? Their country hasn't even existed a year before...

How did 1919 Poland have the military to beat the Soviets? Their country hasn't even existed a year before, where did the command structures, equipment, and so on come from?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Legions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Army_(Poland)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_I_Corps_in_Russia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_II_Corps_in_Russia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polnische_Wehrmacht
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

With the help of Christ.

They needed a Jagiellon.

It's a well-known fact that in World War II Poland owned a Gundam suit.

IIRC, they had officers that had been soldiers within the German armies when the war was ignited (including Pisuldski), and then within the Allied armies come 1917. Also, the French dispatched a ton of officers to them.

>1919
>WWII

spot the ameritard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Legions
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Army_(Poland)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_I_Corps_in_Russia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_II_Corps_in_Russia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polnische_Wehrmacht

Austria-Hungary, Germany, Russia, and France all had (or formed them during the war because of the need for manpower) Polish units who made a beeline for the newly independent Poland once the opportunity arose. The problem was welding all these forces together into a single structure, not making something from nothing.

Here.
>Polish allies were few. France, continuing her policy of countering Bolshevism, now that the Whites in Russia proper had been almost completely defeated, sent in 1919 a small advisory group to Poland's aid. This group comprised mostly French officers, although it also included a few British advisers. It was headed by British General Adrian Carton De Wiart and French General Paul Prosper Henrys. The French mission commanded considerable respect and influence through the activities of its 400 officer-instructors. These men, distributed among the cadres of the Polish Staff, were entrusted with training the officer corps in military science and in the use of French army manuals. The French effort was vital to improving the organization and logistics of the Polish Army, which until 1919 had used diverse manuals, organizational structures and equipment, mostly drawn from the armies of Poland's former partitioners.

>In addition to the Allied advisors, France also facilitated in 1919 the transit to Poland from France of the "Blue Army" (otherwise "Haller's Army"): a force of troops (about six divisions),[citation needed] mostly of Polish origin plus some international volunteers, formerly under French command in World War I. The army was commanded by the Polish general, Józef Haller.
Now my "IIRC" is a little more than a shot in the dark.

>British General Adrian Carton De Wiart
The absolute madman himself. Though he wasn't a general at that point, just a brevet colonel.

>He served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War; was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and tore off his own fingers when a doctor refused to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly I had enjoyed the war."

He remained in Poland during the Polish-Soviet war and even got in a gunfight or two. Then he spent fifteen of the interwar years living at a Polish hunting lodge ("I think I shot every day of those 15 years I spent in the marshes and the pleasure never palled") and only left when WW2 broke out.

Because unless you're a German or 15/16th German as Yanks often are, you literally can´t lose against communists, since God is on your side.
Germans, of course, aren't people, and are therefore shunned by God, thus WWII.

The Poles broke Red Army radio codes and during the Battle of Warsaw they were disrupting Red Army communications by broadcasting readings of the Bible in Latin on their wavelengths.

Pretty metal.

Because in 1919 the Soviets were a complete clusterfuck that was barely in charge of their own country. They were still being raided by Baron Sternberg, for fuck's sake.

Because the USSR was itself a 1 year old state?
Because it just got out of a bloody civil war?
Because it was dramatically restructuring everything?

Geez, it takes a boastful polish peasant to get me to support commies, nothing else could.

Poland was losing the war up until the battle of Warsaw. That battle of Warsaw was a chain of stupid mistakes for the soviets. Tukhachevsky ,who was the mastermind of the assault, was executed later.

>Tukhachevsky ,who was the mastermind of the assault, was executed later.

By Stalin whose insubordination caused the plan to fail in the first place.

Tukhachevsky was executed in the 1930s purges because of Stalin's paranoia, not because he failed in Poland.

Tukhachevsky did what was expected from him. He failed because southern forces led by Stalin didn't cooperate to his plan. He written this conclusion in his later memoirs, what enraged Stalin who had him executed

didnt the majority of the the Polish army come over from France? They didnt start over from scratch, just moved a few units around

>ywn shoot at Bolshevik cavalry from the back of your moving train, fall off, get back on and start shooting again
it hurts to live :/ a true /k/ommando

What about the chinese and japanese losing to communists though.

Stalin managed fucked it up indeed by removing cavalry from his flank, but it wasn´t a mistake that would instantly lose the war. Mikhail Ivanovich still holds most of the responsibility for falling into schemes of marshall Pilsudski.

He was a briliant general, but not perect one.

IT'S A GUNDAM