North Africa in 4000 BC

>Have they changed over the years?
No.

>What were they called in Roman times?
mvttonbvrger

>Im fascinated by hamburgers.

>its another 'american wants to know about his culture' episode

shut the fuck up

you probably cant even afford a fucking hamburger.

>hamburgers are Numidian

As you can see here, this carving found at Tel Zaidan in 1922 (limestone) has been dated to approximately 4100 bc and clearly depicts the Great King Ur-Shamash with his meal of choice known as "An-Mittush" or "those patties which do descend from heaven".

we wuz big macs n shit?

Fun fact: Wendy's didn't have a bacon cheeseburger until the Gvy Fierriar invasion of 55 AD. This led to the fall of the Trojan Wall years later, and soon after the dissolution of the Soviet Union Station. No subway cars have run there since - this is why to this very day subway does not deliver hamburgers.

10/10

This got me right in the feels

Well send me home and call me Buford; That is MONEY.

Let us not forget the great battle fought at the shores of Tyre where he fought the great crustacean to claim the divine knowledge of their making.

As are most classic American foods, the burger is an evolution of something introduced by European immigrants, in this case Germans in the XIX century.

I think the biggest recent change to the hamburger has been the fact that it has been transformed by hipsters into pub-gastronomy. Over the past 7 years I've seen a ton of gastronomic burger joints, run by a nu-male with a humanities degree pop up. I have to admit though, they make tasty burgers and they do a ton of shit to make theirs more unique than their neighbours'.

Explain this then

Hahahha

How quickly the big mass of jelly we call American get's mad.
Very interresting.

A typical ancient astronaut encounter. They might have introduced the burger, though.

yeah, its pretty cool what they've been able to achieve with today's hamburger technology.

kek

Are you even a scholar?

That is the exchange between John and Jane, where Jane gives John a burger and the news that after prom they will get married.

This was later changed into Adam and Eve and some apple because some people from Big Mac want to make the meme apple = burger.

A burger a day keeps the (((doctor))) away

The hamburger, or proto-burger had its start with the Mongols.

Due to their nomadic style, they had to figure out some ways of storing food while
on the move, so what they did was put horse meat under their saddles, add some
seasoning and this birthed the hamburger patty, though raw and yet to be sandwiched.

This patty then took transit from Russia to Germany to Hamburg, where it was thought to be a Russian delicacy,
and eventually people started to cook it, moving the steak tartare, to the hamburg steak. Also along the way, there was a shift from
minced horse meat to ground beef, mainly due to availability.

Eventually, it began transit over the ocean with sailors and immigrants (mainly Jews).
The first hamburger proper can't be precisely pointed to, with many people nationwide
claiming to have originated the idea of placing the patty in between a bun, or bread.
Claimants range from Texas, Wisconsin, and even trace back to Germany within the period of 1885 - 1904.
The burger then rose to prominence in the 1920's.

kek

>What were they called in Roman times?
I am triggered.

Never ceases to amaze me how this fat fuck can dance so smoothly

AYO HOL UP