Fundamental Problem with Christianity

Hi, please help me resolve this problem.

>Jesus claims to be the son of god to a group of people
>Jesus proceeds to multiply bread and fish right in front of their eyes with his bare hands to feed them
>Jesus performs various miracles like this in front of people
>so, these people are given direct and definitive proof of Jesus's claims of being the son of god
>by extension they are given proof of not only God's existence but the veracity of the soon-to-be formed fellowship/religion that we now call Christianity

>fast forward to the current year
>Jesus/God gives no proof whatsoever to anyone
>I am expected to take on faith what was proven to others in the past
>but at the same time, the Bible claims that God is fair and just even though current-age believers are not being treated fairly

Thanks. Have a wallpaper.

True intellectual Christians like myself have always maintained that the miracles were metaphors for the power of faith in Jesus to manipulate the forces of the natural world through advanced quantum mechanics.

Supposed "miracles" won't happen unless you first devote yourself to faith, then you'll be able to move mountains. Jesus never did any miracles by himself, only when those who needed him showed faith.

However it's not our place to question miracles, the Christian's priority should be the acts of social justice.

>>by extension they are given proof of not only God's existence but the veracity of the soon-to-be formed fellowship/religion that we now call Christianity

At no point was life all-good for the religious. Early Christians died horrible deaths for their faith.

You think THAT's the fundamental problem with Christianity? That it can no longer produce miracles more or less on demand?

What about the fact that it supposedly bases itself, at least in part, on an older revelation, which among other things tells you not to listen to people just because they perform miracles. That it is in fact thoroughly inconsistent with this older revelation that it "fulfills", and yet at the same time holds the former to be revelation from God and True with a capital T?

What does that have to do with the text you quoted?

>lmao the whole bible is just a metaphor or something stop thinking about it lolol
Yeah, this the answer I usually get.

Ok but that doesn't resolve the discrepancy.

>That it can no longer produce miracles more or less on demand?
No that's not what I said at all. It's about the inconsistency of it all. I was using Jesus's miracles as an overly specific example to not confuse the retards on this board.

>It's about the inconsistency of it all.

I still fail to see how that is a worse problem than the fact that fundamental aspects of Christian theology are at odds with an older text that is supposedly revelation from God and inconsistent with the entire religion, because it was in fact the holy book of a completely different religion.

Because that problem, while still notable, can usually just be hand-waved away with some shit like "It's not an inconsistency, they just fucked the translation or whatever." and you end up arguing over semantics and the syntax/diction of words in Hebrew for hours on end. Whereas my point, I think, is an inescapable logic error.

>God gives one group proof
>God does not give you proof, which is unfair
>God is fair

>Ok but that doesn't resolve the discrepancy.

If you existed back then you would say "hurr how can he be God if following him will get us killed?"

God isn't convenient. God is just.

>MM-M-M-M-MMUH PROOOOOOF
Fuck off, twat.

It was never proven, learn to read with a little more attention to subtlety.

>If you existed back then you would say...
No I wouldn't. Prove otherwise.

And this also doesn't refute the original post. What are you even doing?

It was proven to many people via Jesus's miracles. Regardless of whether or not they denied the evidence of their own eyes, they were given the opportunity to see proof and I was not. Think a little more before you post.

>Because that problem, while still notable, can usually just be hand-waved away with some shit like "It's not an inconsistency, they just fucked the translation or whatever."

It really can't, unless we're being intellectually dishonest, but then again, we are talking about Christianity here.

For instance, consider the underlying premise of your problem, namely that God is just, and by which I think you mean that God is perfectly just as opposed to just reasonably just, that any form of injustice is impossible stemming from God's actions.

Well, if you read the OT, you'd know that God ISN'T perfectly just. Check out the book of Job, especially chapter 2, verse 3. I don't know what translation you favor, but here's the NASB

>The Lord said to Satan, “Have you [a]considered My servant Job? For there is no one like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man [b]fearing God and turning away from evil. And he still holds fast his integrity, although you incited Me against him to [c]ruin him without cause.”

The entire reason we get inconsistencies like this is because the Christian conception of "God" is in actuality a hodgepodge of different notions of the divine from very different theological backgrounds all mashed together willy-nilly.

What makes you think the mere display of miracles proves anything? Pharoh's magicians could turn water into blood too, if you believe this stuff. The OT even warns against using the display of miraculous power as proof of anything.

>the power of faith in Jesus to manipulate the forces of the natural world through advanced quantum mechanics.

>It was proven to many people via Jesus's miracles
t. moron that doesn't understand scripture at all.

I've thought, you never have, however.

Nope, no arguments here.

They still got to see it.

>arguments are good
t. redditor that doesn't understand scripture at all
And? That isn't proof you dope.

>True intellectual Christians like myself have always maintained that the miracles were metaphors for the power of faith in Jesus to manipulate the forces of the natural world through advanced quantum mechanics.

So? I'm sure you get to see all sorts of cool things too that the peasants of 1st century Judea would think are awesome. If you can't connect the display of miracles to divinity, and again, the Old Testament itself warns you not to do this, the miracles are meaningless insofar as proving fairness from one group to another.

This is good. What scripture in the old testament are you talking about specifically?

Deuteronomy, chapter 13, verses 2-6

Miracles reinforce faith, they dont create it.

It's honestly the same for all religions, that no proof is ever given, and it's entirely composed of the faithful. During humanity's more brutal beginnings I can see how joining communities of the faithful with a particular set of laws was a more attractive option then roughing it in the mountains.

We're a much more comfortable species then we've ever been, and it's easy to lose that faith when worrying about food, water, shelter, and death on a daily basis.

That said, while I'm not compelled to go to church, I think there's something to be said about fasting.

Why are atheists so fucking stupid? They don't understand the simplest things.

Holy shit, it's like I'm back in 2008 youtube comments again.

This is bait.

Do you think that if animals had an idea of God, they would think that God had the traits that they have?

I'm a theist though.

Also thank you for the wallpaper.

>True intellectual Christians like myself have always maintained that the miracles were metaphors for the power of faith in Jesus to manipulate the forces of the natural world through advanced quantum mechanics.