LITERALLY JUST what the fuck am I supposed to do before august 1? Buy ETH? ETC? LTC? Cash out to fiat...

LITERALLY JUST what the fuck am I supposed to do before august 1? Buy ETH? ETC? LTC? Cash out to fiat? Need urgent advice.

No one knows, if wanna be safe, spread your money between fiat,btc,ltc and eth

Let me get my crystal ball real quick

ETH, LTC, fiat in equal parts I'd say. Fiat because you wanna get right back in when the price is low, so you'll have a front seat when BTC goes back to the moon.
The other two are the coins that will most probably profit from the BTC fork.

get many btc, put in wallet, wow you got btc on 2 chains now. then let the bitcoin rothshilds fight their dumb little NEETwar

Should I have ZERO bitcoin? Presumably that's the one that's going to go the most fucky sucky right?

when this fork thing is resolved btc will shoot to 8-10k in the blink of an eye, and a resolution may happen before august 1

Why does everyone assume BTC will get fucked up during the fork? It should be an improvement, right?

Markets are neither rational nor logical. Especially the crypto market.

This is similar to what I thought about ETH before it forked. I got paranoid and dumped all of my ETH beforehand. After the fork the price rebounded and I also missed out on all of the free ETC. I don't intend on making that mistake again.

Your BTC value also halves. It's not like you get free money. Then it'll probably drop some more before people figure out which one will become dominant.

short if you're not a pussy and know what it entails otherwise go into fiat and hope the dip you buy in at won't be the last one

in case you decide for fiat, don't keep all of it at the exchange because some of them may become insolvent if there's a particulatly large cash-out happening

give me a quick rundown on august 1

big daddy BTC's fate will get decided by then

I'm noob and just started my account. I want to invest 500$.

Most people advice to put 250$ in bitcoin and 250$ in ether. Is that solid? Bitcoin is falling so I don't know why I should invest in it, right now.

Tommorow status ICO launches. Should I invest in it? What about ants?

How would you distribute 500$?

Thanks for your advice.

Yea but that still doesn't answer why.

Lol no it doesn't

Can someone explain the significance of august 1st?

>Being this stupid

literally everything depends on BTC; should it tank considerably so would all alts that are denominated in BTC - all of them

Why would you buy when its falling? Think about it.

Yes, id split your assets on btc and eth, dont bother with shitcoin and memecoin for now. I'd advise getting some Litecoin to, but not at the price now its during a two year high, if it drops to around $30 id grab some.

Exchange to fiat if you want to secure your current gains, but i wouldn't recommend it, even if it dips, it will rebound eventually

tbqh, i think ETH is the overall safe option, if the two new bitcoins die, ethereum will take over, if the bitcoins moon hard, it will pull everything up with it, including ethereum

Yes, that's why I'm asking. I see there's some talk of 1st August deciding BTC fate. It's not smart investing in BTC right now?

Where would you invest 500$ if you were me - total noob.

put it all on litecoin

trips confirm

Well if it's falling it means it's worth buying it because the price will be low and if it bounces back you will get profit. Sorry If I sound like a total noob, because I am.

But I'm worried about buying BTC because if it keeps falling then I will just lose money. I hear talk about 1st of August deciding BTC future, where should I invest until then?

I would short ETH and BTC with USD but that is risky business that can liquidate you in a minute if you don't know what you're doing

bull market's over, you're months too late for that

If a fork meant free money, everybody would fork all the coins all the time. You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

some people say you should go all in on bitcoin right now, as it might moon hard up to 1st aug, and you get double the coins basically on two blockchains if you keep it in a wallet

Put it all on mona, doge and ants

search bid 148 uasf on google and read up theres been plenty of coverage on it
basically bitcoin miners(namely 1 bitcoin miner-Jihan Wu) are at war with bitcoin users and august 1 is deadline to resolve

Is it smart putting all eggs in one basket bro?

So, you are advising against investing in BTC and ETH?

Hmm, interesting.

Well, OP there's a lot of different things you could do.

One is to hodl your bitcoin, now this is the most risky but also potentially rewarding. No one knows if the UASF is going to happen in general, and BITMAIN has a lot of stake in making sure BTC is profitable for it's miners. if it splits into two, there's a chance it still may be worth as much as it is in the future, but i for sure don't recommend this path.

Two is to buy LTC, it's basically bitcoins reserve and will automatically stay afloat if bitcoin goes under, it may even raise a bit depending on how hard btc is hit, if it's hit too hard it will affect the market capitalization on almost all cryptocurrencies, hitting LTC as wel.

three is ETC, pretty much same story as LTC, it's going to be very stable from a crash, less chance of turning a profit though if bitcoin falls because it really isn't affected by bitcoins price much.

ETH personally I would stay away from ETH in the event of a bitcoin destruction, but that's just me. a lot of the ETH price and speculation is driven by investors who also have most of their stake in bitcoin, if bitcoin were to go under, a lot of those investors would leave the market entirely, taking their ETH with them.

USDT
This is a good option, because it's tethered to the us dollar, so you essentially cash out temporarily without paying any fees or taxes. if you really want to bet against crypto in general chose this. it's essentially 1 dollar for every 1 usdt you have no matter what.

yes it does you fucking idiot, people panic. that's why they fucking sell. whales take advantage of the FUD and start the dump and then buy back low

think a little bit you fucking chimp

This is some good advice. I still don't quite understand the reasoning behind ETC in all of this? Doesn't it have the same chance holding as many other alts, excluding ETH and LTC?

Even if bitcoin goes under, it wont be the end of the crypto market, thats here to stay, thats for sure

Something will replace bitcoin if it should die, and it would be either ethereum (most likely) or litecoin tbqh

desu

he's fucking lying moron

NOTHING is a reserve for bitcoin, we've seen it THREE TIMES in the last THREE WEEKS

EVERYTHINGGGGG crashes with bitcoin. god you new fags make me sick. We just fucking saw this 4 days ago

AND if it fork DOESN'T happen, then segwit got locked in, the price will explode UP.

When the price goes UP for btc, the price also goes down for alts. Again, seen this 3 times in the last 3 fucking weeks alone.

Bitcoin is the king of all coins. There are no hedges except for fiat.

in the next month or so i expect nem and dgb to both increase to new ath

this is true tbqh

except that ethereum will moon hard with bitcoin aswell

Think of it like this, if you wanted to hold ETH during the event of a bitcoin crash because you believe in ETH's technology and price more then Bitcoins, ETC would be a safer bet because there's less of a chance of it's price being effected by investors leaving the market entirely. ETH is probably the biggest cryptocurrency that is held by Bitcoin holders, think of all the normies who only have BTC and ETH in their coinbase account.

Also, ETC has stood the test of time during crashes in keeping it's price relatively stable.

I'm holding longterm on a lot of currencies excluding BTC so I'm not going to worry about their prices dipping, because i'm in the long game for a year +, but if I were you OP I would go with USDT. Or ETC. I think those are the safest choices to keep your money safe during august 1st, but hey it's just advice.

Fuck sake, how long does it take do do a quick scan of the Bitcoin subreddits?

A split will not happen, Segwit will be locked in before August the first.

There will be no UASF.

Smoke meth and concentrate on the candles soon as it hits

And OP, if you wanna believe this morons FUDing cope, then just go with USDT. It's literally impossible to lose money during a crash with USDT because it's programmed to be tethered directly to one US dollar.

Cash in on LTC

If you actually think USDT crashes with BTC then off yourself nigger. You don't deserve to be on this board.

what the fuck are you talking about, you strawman attacking moron? get the fuck out of here with your pathetic fallacies, you called me a fudder when I addressed a comment on ETC and LTC going up as a hedge against the crash you stupid bitch. Don't make up an argument to make your pathetic life feel better

I see. No, I'm actually part of the group that believes ETH is extremely volatile so I don't personally hold any of it apart from times when news come out and I can buy/sell it for profit.
Yeah I guess USDT would be the safest option, but also a lost opportunity to not take advantage of this situation.

ETC

what a coincidence, all the """""hedges"""""" against btc don't fucking go up when btc crashes. They are all bitcoin's bitch.

USDT can crash just like any other crypto once it gets pressured enough

remember bitfenix

inb4 ethtards

>muh flippening!!!

>reddits

Easy - when you don't know it's time to take up to 50pc cash (assuming you've gained)

Etc ain't gonna last.
Eth - well it went well while it lasted, it's due a correction, ta threads seem to agree
Ltc - due a dip also after the pump but won't be as much as eth.

Right now I'd say cash out a bit of your eth stash and set buys at 5pc intervals down to 20pc.

Buy xmr. If you look at the 3 day or weekly charts, the overall trend has only been up.

What would happen to the bitcoins in my wallet after a fork? will it be part of the new bitcoin or turn into bitcoin classic?

Hmm correct me if I'm wrong but what I understand now is that the so called golden age of the cryptocurrency is over. I hear roomers of a soon crash that is supposed to happen in the next 2 months or in August. On the other hand there also roomers that there will be a diamond age or platinum age or whatever like mentioned here in the thread that after the so called "fork" happens that will be the sign the prices of the crypto will go insane once again thus sending the poor fags on their way to lambo land.