Hey guys, I did some mining on my smartphone using Minergate

Hey guys, I did some mining on my smartphone using Minergate.

Pic related.

Ref link: minergate.com/a/003e6a8ec9a77808084c3c85

Overall conclusion: not worth it. Phone overheats & I mine about $0,0003 in 24 hours. I might still have it going when I use electricity from the library or so. Mostly for fun.

I can't imagine it being profitable in any situation, because at $0,0003/day you'd have to mine for 1369 YEARS just to get the value of a $150 phone out of it.

Anyway, was to try it with my phone on a free app instead of buying/building a mining rig.

>was to try it
*was fun to try it

What did he mean by this peep?

interesting thanks for posting. always wondered about the practicality of mobile phone miners

Yeah, it's possible to have better results than me, but because it fries your phone, I think the "not worth it" goes for everyone.

>tfw trapped heat in ziplock negates cooling effects from ice

Engineer here. Nice job creating a huge temperature gradient inside your phone from that uneven cooling.

you should just get a waterproof phone and let it sit in a cup of water

Now that's watercooling!

Seriously, though, I don't know how that would affect the IP68 protection in the long run.

> tfw I get $320-$380 or so worth of BTC out of running nicehash on my gaming PC when I'm not using it

Over what period of time?
I have an i5 and GTX 1070 but I hear the Nvidia pascal architecture is shit for large memory algorithm mining.
Makes Witcher 3 look incredible though.

Thats early 2016 thinking man, 1070s mine just as well as AMD cards these days, in fact you can overclock the memory while reducing the voltage of 1070s to mine at a higher hashrate then an RX580 while consuming less power, 1070s are actually more efficient miners, but the cost more upfront.

t. someone that just bought 7 gigabyte gtx1070 to mine with.

>mining
>profit
Choose one.

Plus, if you wanted to cool it more, you simply had to remove the back cover.

You amused me user. Thanks.

Mining is very profitable right now, just not bitcoin mining, a 7 GPU rig mining Ethereum will net you around $1350/month

Maybe but neither a gaming computer or a cellphone droppd in ice.

You need to invest and mine seriously if you want any cash back.

Thanks m8 will look into it. How's your output?

Thats why you need to get all your work computers to mine for you, I make a dollar per week :^)

Try running humour.exe

>Engineer here
You spelled Autist wrong.

> Making literall pennies while risking damage to a several hundred dollar phone
> Try running commonsense.exe you fucking bonobo

Well, it's better, but you should still put your phone on the side, this way, natural convection will fush some of the heat.

It is better tho.

Minergate is a scam. Don't use their service. Code is very suspicious

>ziplock is opened allowing energy transferal with the environment
>contact with ice and iced water cools both the air around the phone but also the phone itself since ziplock does not stop heat from leaving the phone and onto the icecubes/water

Dumb frogposter

Now I myself could use some fucking ice cubes I'm melting over here