Hello darkness my old friend

Hello darkness my old friend...

RUSSIA WON WW2!!!

>you win a war by eliminating the most enemy soldiers
You win a chess game by taking the most pawns of the other player

Jesus christ. Can't believe how many soviet soldiers had to die for each German soldier.

>1941
Keep in mind the gap between wehrmacht and red army at the time, wehrmacht was like an unstoppable machine, reds were surprised by the attack as they had no real plan how to counter it, so they were just throwing enthusiastic young men (ready to die for Motherland) at them
I heard many retarded stories of that period, like when recruits would walk miles near to the the frontline without their weapons, because they didn't want to carry the weight

Irony intensifies when Italy did similar shit in the East as well, they transported their men to the Russian border and were like well, off you go lads and they had to walk to the front.

Germany lost 130K men to take a city they would hold for only a couple years?

They truly were master strategists.

Divert thrust towards Moscow to secure Kiev, Adolg supreme generalissimo

That time you marched into Kharkov annually and got blown out each time and only got it back because the enemy left.

96k wounded, only 26k lost

wounded !=! permanently out of action

'probably higher' Russia were truly a glorious mess

>Strength: 627,000
>Losses: 700,000

Prussian occultism strikes again

Are you suggesting they did not?

Americans did

OK, let me rephrase.

Germany suffered 130K casualties to take a city they would hold for a couple years. Fascinating. If only they could win battles when it actually mattered. Like Moscow, Stalingrad and Leningrad.

Only 30,000 killed. Most wounded, many of which would recuperate and be back in the field in 6 to 12 months.

The Germans even had units that catered for sick and wounded soldiers so they could receive treatments and serve in rearguard actions. You didn't get to get discharged like the comfy US Army

It was a pyhrric victory at best

Holy fuck how did Russia even win in the end if it was such a shitshow for them? To think that some still insist that Rus didn't win just the throwing more soldiers

Reminder that Manstein was so astounded by the Third Battle of Kharkov, that he planned out the the 1943 summer offensive to be one of luring the Red Army into Kharkov like traps with the hopes of blunting the Red Army, but then Hitler remained a full general offensive.

demanded*

I think he's anticipating a standard reply to these types of threads.

>Italy
They sure were germany's worst enemy

Large country + large population + forced conscription + US supplies

A pyhrric victory means the winner is eventually extinguished. WWII made the USSR even stronger. Losing a lot of men doesn't mean it was pyhrric.

>Making von Manstein into an anime loli

You mean russian occultism.
Ábout 100.000 Russians were reanimated in this battle.

well yeah, Hitler was a moron