Daily Miners Thread General

Welcome to the first Crypto Mining General, /DMT/ for short.

Here we will discuss rigs, optimizations, mining services, etc.
Feel free to contribute what you think needs to be posted in the first post.

Current Market Outlook:
> Miners are making $4-8 per card a day depending on your overlock and card specs
> all worthwhile GPU's are dried up from traditional sources
> market expectations for gains through selling your mining capabilities are positive
> General expected ROI is 60-100 days Market wide per card.

Easy way to get into the crypto market.

Let's get this shit going boys

Other urls found in this thread:

mycryptobuddy.com/EthereumMiningCalculator
twitter.com/MiningPredict
blockchainstat.com/calculator/ETH/
minergate.com/a/8cc978cc81283232ab4b5bc2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to buy a few antminer s9's, i pay no electricity, worth it at this point? If yes how many should i get? I can spend 5-6k at most

Got any good resources on best cards to use, best coins to mine, and expected rate of return? I am trying to convince a few friends to pool some money together for a mining op.

Here are your daily, weekly, monthly, yearly spreads.

Check other profitability calls against this.

Upfront costs are low enough ($1200-1500 for a 6 card rig), that you can justify a solo op and you'll get all the money back.

Great title btw OP. /DMT/. East to remember.

I live somewhere with cheap-ass electricity so I figure go big, mine like 5 different coins, and pay for electricity 6 months up front with fiat.

Is that for only 1 s9 or for the 5 running at the same time?

Anyone use Nice Hash? How does it compare to other similar services?

am I gonna make it bros?

>
>which miner do you use ? amd or nvidia ?
Haven't got my AMD cards yet so I'm on nvidia

That is for 1
Seems to be good because it goes for profitability

Here I am mining folding coins to hodl hoping this bitch is gonna moon in a year or two. Am I doing it wrong?

>dmt
kek

Hold or sell.

Because you are generating these coins from work, not buying, theoretically as long as you make more than it costs to run a rig you are doing it right.

Holding to speculate is fine, but makes you susceptible to small loses.

When will miners start duming their cards on the market? I want to sell my RX470 at a premium price.

No cards are on the market right now. People are paying $350+ for R9 390s to give you an idea

Yeah but I'm currently mining.
My idea is to sell the card 1 month before the whole mining craze dies.

I don't foresee the crazy dying, profits decreasing? Sure, but the overall money generation seems possible

I just bought a nitro+ rx 480 for $430 and I'm honestly feeling quite smug about it because at least I was able to get my hands on one. I had to buy an entire PC for it too and sell off all the useless parts, but it was still worth it, because the card was barely used and even used warrantyless non-nitro+ rx 480s cost over $500 where I live.
>before the whole mining craze dies
You mean before vega arrives and a lot of people dump their rx 470/480/570/580 to buy the new more efficient and cost effective vega cards. Vega comes out in the fall iirc, just be on the lookout and check used sites every now and then.
Seeing more and more used rx4xx and 5xx cards on ebay and gumtree should be a good indicator that you should sell.

I've set up four Ethereum rigs with 19 RX 480 8GB for a total investment of £4000. Managed to get the cards for an average price of £180 each just before prices went insane.

Rig one is my old main PC, a 2011 workstation with 5 PCIE slots and 1100W 80 Plus Silver PSU.

Rig two is the same type of workstation as my main PC but with only 8GB RAM and a £4 quad core CPU instead of 32GB and dual hex cores. Also I burned out one of the PCIE slots installing a riser backwards.

Rig three is my old Core 2 PC from 2008 with 4 PCIE slots and an 80 Plus Bronze PSU.

Rig four is a 6-card new build PC with 1000W Corsair 80Plus-Gold PSU.

My power consumption is unfortunately very high because I am using these inefficient PSUs and UK electricity is very expensive, hopefully I won't lose money.

How much eth/usd is that gonna make monthly?

450MH/s and 2700W power draw. My electricity cost is $0.22/kwh.
The future price and difficulty? Your guess is as good as mine.

mycryptobuddy.com/EthereumMiningCalculator

That's a little over $70 USD a day, interesting figures there. Long term is always questionable, but we can just change what we mine

>tfw Fury X and 750Ti for Eth+Sia
Too bad my room is really hot

So ive noticed today that at cgminer it says 100+khs but at the pool not even 1khs someone knows whats happening

Pic related

mfw stealth mining on my unis supercomputer

lol i read some guy got kicked out for doing that

Bump

Juiced my OC too hard. Artifacts everywhere. Now I'm to a lower clock

>all worthwhile GPU's are dried up from traditional sources

How do I determine what is a worthwhile GPU?

Hashrate only?

Any ideas for other hardware / software?

What ram should one use, which mining pool and operating system?

Whats your plan for when ETH moves to PoS? Mine another coin? Which one(s)?

I considered getting into this. I even got so far as looking at commercial space cause I dont have space for noisy computer shit in my 1 bed apt. But everyone says its a waste of time cause mining difficulty always goes up and in a year you want make shit and your CPUs will be burned out.

There are few things to consider if gpu is worthwhile, to make it as simply as possible you have to ask yourself how expensive is power where you're at. If you're at 0.1c/kwh or lower than your power is generally cheap, if it's higher than 0.1c/kwh it's expensive. If your power is expensive then you pretty much must use modern polaris or pascal architecture cards, but if your power is cheap there are few more options.

The reason why pascal and polaris cards are so popular is because of very high efficiency, cards usually draw 100w or less while mining, during litecoin days people would overclock r9 290s to consume 300w or more. If you're looking for cards that are under the radar, I would definitely suggest nvidia maxwell 900 series, specifically 960 or 970. They can reach reasonable hashrate with equihash and LBRY algo, but will consume a lot more power than pascal, same goes to amd 7000 series/200 series, decent hashrate with equihash but high power consumption.

As for software, I typically recommend using Windows 10, a lot more user friendly than linux distros, and usually everthing works first try, you don't need more than 4gb of ram, and mining pool simply pick one with lowest fee or closest to your location to avoid stale shares.

First, GPU's. Secondly, mining services should always grant the most profitable choices in mining. Whether that holds true overtime, we will see. There's a good reason as to why no one is encouraging people to liquidate their children's college funds to do this. There is a lot up in the air, if it gets harder, just get better rigs desu. My card from 3 years ago is still one of the best cards to mine with. Difficulty isn't increasing so much that it's driving everything up.

About power I meant 0.1$ not 0.1c, just to clarify.

B
U
M
P

Dude nice. I kekd, great face.

If we mine Altcoins versus Bitcoins proper, should we sell them immediately for Bitcoins, or HODL them until they are at a better value THE sell them?

how to mine with nvidia without killing the board ?

Where can you mine ZEC?

I've been mining with NVIDIA 970 cards (one on two computers each) for basically 2 weeks straight and I haven't run into any problems.... yet.

I guess just don't overclock it, give it plenty of air, and don't do anything else on in, basically.

Is anyone mining Decred and can give me some basic infos like your setup etc?

What is your goal profit, bois?

With just two dual card rigs of 1070s and 1080s I'm pulling 30-35 bucks a day.

I'm hoping to max out at 100 bucks worth of rig mining before reaching the max that a residential home could pull off before my house becomes more rig than home.

I want mount a nvidia rig, any bro tips ?

what are you mining?

Nigger

The dual 1070 is running nicehash, pulling about 10 bucks a day.

The dual 1080s run EWBF mining Zcash, pulling 20-25 bucks.

Already thinking about where and how to expand, especially as a poor college kid who sees these as part time job paychecks that involve pressing the on button.

*1080tis, fucked that up.

Op here.
Same boat, not poor tho, it's just nice to generate grocery money a week from turning computer on lmao

Well done on the thread, there was talk of a miners' general topic yesterday.

You were in that topic too, still not caught yet I see.

what hash rates are you seeing? I got some 970s in the mail

>tfw making 1.7-2$/day before power cost on a single old 7850.

7000s are underrated.

Damn straight, just one 1070 running at night on a stray computer makes me at least gas money for the week.

Don't fall for that trap anons, I started with 2 1080s and I cashed out around 50 eth to pay for rent and groceries, and do I wish I would take those small at the time profits more seriously.

I was just thinking that. I don't think I will ever touch my alt coin rigs but my BTC Nicehash miners feel like fair game, especially if I was just pulling out of one rather than my entire BTC card army.

How do I get started?

Please anons, just give me any info!

You hold your alts ? But expenses are high...welll its an form of investment. My eletrecity is around 0,20 so i dont consider holding

What's our thoughts on Post-POS mining

Mining profits were 5 - 10x lower for years than what they are now.

100% bubble confirmed.

Invest into mining rig only if you are comfortable mining for much lower profits in the future

uh... none really. The 970s are actually in video rendering machines i've been mining with during downtimes. So I guess just build a regular computer out of it.

RAM and CPU doesn't seem to affect much, but I wouldn't skimp on them either.

I'm getting around 210 MH/s. However, for some reason, the mining servers are registering it differently. For example, the DGB server (using skein) thinks it's about 176 MH/s, while the DMD serve (using Groestl) thinks it's only 23 MH/s. The actual data is about 220 MH/s, based on the actual data. See picture (yes, I'm SUPER autistic for statistics).

Does anybody chose just a couple miners for Nicehash to stick to?

I've had some of the less frequent miners practically crash my system and keep me at 0 hashs until it choses a better miner.

Wat do?

>Invest into mining rig only if you are comfortable mining for much lower profits in the future

Honestly, I wouldn't own a mining rig that I couldn't use for something else. Like, my "mining rigs" are actually intended for for 4k video rendering and maybe some top tier 60 fps gaming, so at least I'm not going to be finding my mining rigs to be useless any time soon.

Basically, if you get a rig, figure out a dual purpose for it. I'd hate to buy a Antminer for it to be useless in a year's time.

Bump for help

What do you mean?

So if my breaker is rated at 15 amp, at 80% draw I can only run 12 1070s before I need to upgrade the line?

When running nicehash, sometimes an algo will pop up, try to start running, fail to run, close, restart, and repeat forever until a new algo is selected.

Should I just disable that algo from being an option? Also, does Windows 10 show any better results such as stability?

Double bump

To add on, it doesn't even find another algo but stay choking on one sometimes (like right now)

It seems like sticking to the top 3 or 4 is my safest bet.

>buy 5 1060 gtx's + existing 960
>mine for 2 days
>apartment AC freezes up at midnight
>slept in a tropical 82F last night
just a reminder, once you go past a couple of cards you're going to need to account for cooling costs and personal comfort.
tomorrow I'm buying a portable AC because fuck this. I'm in for $1200 so it's too late to back out.

How are you mining right now, buddy?

Fuck

I'm building a 4x GTX 1070 rig right now in my small studio apartment. I'm making a milk crate rig with an extra fan on the side for added cooling.

Am I going to get cucked by the heat?

Also how loud is it?

you can't even get 6 cards let alone a full rig for 1200

Half zcash half Nicehash. It's making approximately $20 per day. I lost 12 hours of progress due to the AC issue. Pic are my gains for 2 days with 6 cards plus a week of just running the 960 and two 1060's.

I dont know anything about mining. And i wanna start.

Can i mine with r7 240 and a dual core cpu?
How much can i gain in a day?

I need suggestions anons

I have two preexisting gaming rigs that I converted into mining rigs. I paid 1200 for 5 1060's.

You see this shit? Stop it. No miner's generals. Buncha dumb fucks jumping in my ethpool has dropped my payouts at least 20%.

OP? Let them find info elsewhere. Goddamn CNN keeps putting us in the public eye, too many fucking normalfags here already. That's why we have all the shilling, rudeness and racism, we do these things to drive away sheep. This corner of the internet is for goats, you fucking double niggerfaggot.

Mind elaborating on how you set things up? What miners are you allowing on Nicecash? Which for Zcash?

this the only calc that matters fagsblockchainstat.com/calculator/ETH/

>Windows
enjoy losing money faggot when windows decides to update for you.
Anyone saying linux is harder to setup is saying your are to much of a retard to copy and paste a command, when there are easy to setup Linux distributions out there.

The only reason to use windows is games, unless your are gonna game on your rig your better off with linux

you're fucked. the heat is real. I run 3 fans which moves the heat off the components but still, fans aren't removing the heat in the apartment. also, it sounds like the datacenter I work in.
Go watch BitsBeTrippin on yt

>Not literally just turning off windows updates

you realize you have to reboot for drivers to right?

Was windows 98 the last one you have used gentooman ? You don't need to reboot for drivers since forever, and updates can be disabled, they are never a problem.

Install gpu drivers and tell me they do not require a reboot fag

Oh ok. Yeah sorry m80, I don't have an answer. Mostly because I don't use Nicehash; I don't think paying to rent a mining rig is worth the time and energy and money... the people renting the rigs are the ones who are winning, not you.

Nice has is like using a 10 percent pool fee

I agree, the heat is a serious issue. Not serious as in bad, but serious as in, it's a reality of the process. Like, my NVIDIA 970 cards are blasting at about 70C... though fortunately one is in my room and the other is at my office. However, the one in my room keeps the room toasty... but it's like having a space heater on; I hate it. I have to leave the window and door open to my room when I leave for work every day just to make sure it doesn't heat up too much.

More autistic statistics: the picture is the temp data for my office computer for the last couple days. I love how the temp dips at night (I mean, duh), and I've also marked off the days I was in the office and had the AC going. Also, yesterday (the 18th) was an exceptionally hot day, and it shows with the card running hotter than usual.

Oh okay. That's no big deal. My apartment's temperature is generally 76 degrees I don't use AC because it's a waste of money and I'm used to the heat where I was raised

I mean, how much do you keep?

The mining server I'm on technically has no fees, but suggests a 0.7% minimum "donation". ... OK, fine yeah, that's the "fee", but shit... 0.7% I'll take that over 10%.

I for one hate the heat. I usually like to keep my windows open at night, even when it's freezing out. Being stuck in a room when I have a computer's GPU running at 70C is no prize... but, it's all for the greater good of passive income!

Opinions on Antminer S9 x2 vs Antminer L3+ x1?

I'm just looking to see what is more future-proof. Right now I have a rig with 3x gtx 1070 and currently make ~$18/day with ETH+SC dual mining.

Looking to sell that rig and purchase one of the above options. Also, until then, few questions:

1. Optimal OC settings for GTX1070 founders? Can't get my mem past 400 without it shitting, currently at 170 core, 400 mem.
2. Better to solo-mine something or dual mine? In the long run, for health of the cards.

I use minergate for mine. It mines the most profitable coin at the time.

My link for anyone interested
minergate.com/a/8cc978cc81283232ab4b5bc2

Oh, and opinions on the A4 Dominator?

Interesting. I'll give it a try later.

Would you say it's better than Nicehash?

I have a silly PC... Two Titan X Pascal in sli. Is it worth it for me to mine? How easy is it to get into? Any tips/links?

Fuck you niggers
you bought all the gpus and they're fucking double the price they were
i hope your bullshit monopoly money crashes and burns
sincerely /g/ and /v/

>implying it's not /g/ and /v/ who isn't driving up the prices of GPUs to begin with

sure thing bucko

>jamal
poorfag, why don't you OC your graphics card

>Dont wanna be goyed an buy X2 price gpu

>Decide to get rx460.

Fucking Jews man

Ppl have said to me that nvidia cant dual, what have you made to make this possible