Why is Sikhism so A E S T H E T I C ?

Why is Sikhism so A E S T H E T I C ?

How do Sikhs get through airport security if they carry a sword (or knife) on them at all times?

Why doesn't he cut his hair

honestly that looks retarded

it couldve been really cool if the turban was half that size

They carry little tiny symbolic ones.
Or maybe they don't fly I dunno.

>sikh.jpg
He looks foolish but funny

What happens if you're a Sikh who can't grow a beard?

Are you laughed out of Sikh club?

More of these kind of pictures please

Because most westernized Sikhs don't, they actually assimilate extremely well except for arranged marriages.

it's not a big deal really

They're like Muslim + nigger blingz

This guy is the most powerful NPC in the history of video game RPGs.

He only joins your party (optionally) for one dungeon (not the final dungeon, but one of the last dungeons, and actually arguably the hardest one in the game). But having him in the party makes the dungeon fun as fuck, lowering the difficulty significantly, but not to the point where it's too easy.

It is POSSIBLE to get through the dungeon without his help, but you have to tediously grind up for weeks beforehand. It's a real pain in the ass without him; the dungeon is basically an unfair asshole without him, even when you're ready.

>ywn be a Sikh warrior mage multi class.

Sihks are funny, they don't drink or use tobacco but they will sell it all day long.

As points out, they wear a symbolic, kiripan (dagger) shaped piece of jewelry. If they even carry a real kiripan, its checked in their luggage. Like said, the assimilated well.

Same reason some abrahamic religions don't: That is how god made you.

That turban is specifically a ceremonial one, and is purposefully a burden.

Then you are as god made you. Its not about the beard, but about being true to your own body.

Thanks, Satan!

Although against their tenants, some /do/ smoke or drink. Some have premarital sex. Its about trying to be better than your vices, but everyone has a weakness.

I used to do Ghatka (Indian martial arts/fencing) at a Sikh temple. Never met a Sikh I never liked.

>that pic

Now THAT'S how you dress when muslims are around

>Sikhs reject and even mock the idea of ritual and veneration of icons
>Sikhs practise a number of pointless rituals and won't be without their iconic symbols

What did they mean by this?

because they're sick.

Honestly getting so sick of the Sikh meme.

>muh assimilation
>muh speshul religion that isn't Islam so don't Allah me bruh
>muh uniqueness
>I'm not like those other brown people, so please worship me

It just reeks of pandering to white people.

sjw and/or butthurt brown person detected

t. angry white teenager who thinks all non-whites should pander to his delicate sensibilities

I'm Chinese, just a neutral observer who notices how obvious it is when Sikhs try to put down Muslims to make themselves look better.

Sikhs didn't campaign for this perception, they earned it. In Britain, the Sikhs have integrated near-perfectly and are a model minority, meanwhile, the Pakistanis from the same damn country have formed ghettos and no-go areas and in all ways behave like the vanguard of an invasion.

Maybe white people just get along well with Sikhs have you ever considered that?

I get that, but it's stupid to use Sikhs as a way to make Muslims look bad or worse or some stupid bullshit. Just because some Chinese are successful in America doesn't mean I'm going to talk shit on Cambodians for not being as successful. Most people can't even tell the difference between a Chinaman and a Cambodian or a Sikh and a Paki, so what happens when Sikhs get fucked up because people think they're Muslim?

>a way to make Muslims look bad or worse

Oh no sweetie. Oh no.

Muslims do that all on their own.

>I get that, but it's stupid to use Sikhs as a way to make Muslims look bad or worse or some stupid bullshit.

We don't? Muslims make muslims look bad, the entirety of the media (here in Britain at least) is pro-muslim. Sikhs and muslims aren't the only groups to have come to Britain from India, we also have Hindu and Jain communities. Of them all, ONLY the muslims act like animals.

>America

Irrelevant to this discussion because you don't have large Sikh and muslim communities.

>what happens when Sikhs get fucked up because people think they're Muslim?

Generally, the country rallies round the Sikh and the attackers are publicly shamed in the newspapers and sent to jail for hate crimes.

Are the Pakistanis in the UK super religious or something? My good friend is Pakistani and his family is super chill, his cousin is fucking hot, too. To be honest, all the Muslims I meet in America are generally pretty cool.

Maybe we got all the moderate and secular ones in America.

>a literal subhuman injects its unwanted opinion

>Are the Pakistanis in the UK super religious or something?

More religious AND more regressive than their parents. British muslims have one of the world's highest rates of approval for suicide attacks and the imposition of shariah.

>Maybe we got all the moderate and secular ones in America.

No, you just have very few and they're widely distributed across your country. Ours are concentrated in a few cities, where they form the majority. Muslims are very "tolerant" when they're a tiny minority but they get aggressive very quickly once they have the numbers.

The clusters, combined with the Wahhabi mosques.

Everyone likes feeling persecuted, whites, blacks, Pakis, everybody. When young white guys feel persecuted, they turn to the "alt right", when young blacks feel persecuted, they turn to BLM. When young Pakis feel persecuted they turn to the Wahhabis. Difference being that the Wahhabis kill people, the other two don't.

Notice that you never see fucking 60 year olds in the UK detonating themselves or attacking people with guns or knives. All young people.

Muslim and black people should fuck off to muslim and black countries if they feel so oppressed instead of killing their gracious hosts who are getting more and more impatient.

You're right, I'm not used to dealing with a sizeable Muslim population. The Middle Easterners I meet are usually Iranian diaspora who are Muslim in name only or secular Arabs. But let me ask you this - if an American has a strong positive opinion about Sikhs and shits on Muslims in the same breath, is it more likely that he got this opinion from the internet instead of IRL?

I'll inject my opinion anywhere I want on this site, fag.

>Iranian

Shias in general are fine, terrorism and jihadism are a Sunni phenomena.

>- if an American has a strong positive opinion about Sikhs and shits on Muslims in the same breath, is it more likely that he got this opinion from the internet instead of IRL?

Unless he's lived in Britain (or Pakistan) then certainly he's just going by what he's heard. The thing is, stereotypes are almost always correct, and by following what he's heard he saves himself the burden of having to learn this himself first-hand.

Most of them were born in the UK, it's not like they immigrated there.
>Shias in general are fine, terrorism and jihadism are a Sunni phenomena.

t. Shiaboo

Shiites create tons of terror groups, they just don't do so in the same way Sunnis do. Sunnis do this stupid shit where they go for mass cas and body counts, whereas Shiites go after actual political change. Both suck though. Don't fall into the trap of thinking Shiites ar ok.

Iran props up groups that align with its interests, exactly the same way every state does. It's only because Iran's interests clash with our own that we classify their puppets as "terrorists" and certainly there is nothing in common between the indiscriminate mass murder of the Sunni jihadis and the political terror of Iranian proxies.

>tfw giant Hezbollahboo but would never admit this in public

Would it be funny to Middle Easterners to see an Asian man praise Nasrallah?

>nothing in common between the indiscriminate mass murder of the Sunni jihadis and the political terror of Iranian proxies.

This is fucking asinine. Both groups go around killing people they don't like so that they can make political gains. The only difference is that the Shiites are smart enough to limit their slaughter to brown people, while the Sunnis are occasionally stupid enough to stray into killing white people.

>Iran props up groups that align with its interests

It's "interests" are exporting political Shi'ism you mong.

>>tfw giant Hezbollahboo but would never admit this in public
Kys

>Kys

I can't really help it, I think Islamism is fucking stupid but I can't help but admire their tenacity and efficiency in combat. A few hundred Hezbollah fighters cucked 40k Israeli troops and the entire Israeli Air Force. How can I not respect that?

>Both groups go around killing people they don't like so that they can make political gains.

So America is the same as ISIS to you?

It's nothing new to sponsor foreign groups that have the same aim you have, nor is it anything new to use terror to wage an asymmetrical political campaign, but Iran is just playing the game, it's not trying to conquer the whole world.

>The only difference is

No, completely wrong. The difference is that the Iranians use political terror against their political rivals, the jihadis use indiscriminate massmurder against civilians. If you can't see that this is fundamentally different then you have some kind of moral deficiency.

So do you admire ISIS too then? Because ISIS' military achievements between 2014-2015 were way more impressive than anything Hezbollah ever did.

Haha that's nothing a few hundred jews cucked the entire British empire

Most of you shit-eating /pol/tards wouldn't be able to differentiate between a Sikh and Muslim in real life if given the challenge.

Isn't Sikhism just hinduism except built around killing muslims? Srs question pls no bully

The British have generally chosen to just leave when a native population makes it clear they want the Brits out. It's why Britain avoided significant de-colonial wars and has such a good relationship with most of its former Empire, while the French spent decades waging wars to hold on to Vietnam and Algeria, and is widely hated across the former French empire.

>No, completely wrong. The difference is that the Iranians use political terror against their political rivals, the jihadis use indiscriminate massmurder against civilians.
Except if you asked ISIS, they'd tell you that those civilians were their political rivals. The line is extremely thin.

>Iran is just playing the game, it's not trying to conquer the whole world.
ISIS is "just playing the game too". They're just playing it in an extremely bloody and brutal manner. To be clear, ISIS is trying to hold onto their rapidly shrinking territory. Iran is trying to set up Islamist governments across the Arab world. Iran is a much greater threat.

>The British have generally chosen to just leave when a native population makes it clear they want the Brits out. It's why Britain avoided significant de-colonial wars
Uh, India?

Sikhism was created to fight Islam. They are natural enemies. It has nothing to do with pandering to white people. Stay butthurt Chang.

>The British have generally chosen to just leave when a native population makes it clear they want the Brits out

All except Ireland lol. British have been kicking them in the teeth for 700 years

>Because ISIS' military achievements between 2014-2015 were way more impressive than anything Hezbollah ever did.

Taking Mosul was impressive, but ISIS has never fought the Israelis who, no matter what their current state is, still have the reputation of having the best military in the Middle East. Fighting Arabs who are "trained" by incompetent American advisers and join up for free food and money or weapons smuggling is honestly not very impressive. Some of those Iraqi Shia militias might as well be replaced by decoy dummies. The SAA is even worse.

Hezbollah took the time to properly train their men and develop effective tactics. ISIS just has a tiny core of smart dudes and a horde of autistic virgin retards hopped up on amphetamines.

>Except if you asked ISIS, they'd tell you that those civilians were their political rivals. The line is extremely thin.

And if I asked an axe murderer, no doubt he would explain why each of his victims "deserved" to die, too. So what? Are you /seriously/ telling me you can't understand the difference between political terror and massmurder of civilians?

>ISIS is "just playing the game too".

I don;t think you understand what "playing the game" means. ISIS rejects every principle of the great game, it rejects peace, it rejects concepts of sovereignty, it rejects the existence of other states at all. It is bent on a genocidal GLOBAL conquest, ridiculous tho that might sound. There IS no game with ISIS, it is a mad dog that has to be put down.

Remind me of the war Britain fought to keep India, I must have been drunk the day they taught that n school.

The relationship with Ireland is complex and far from one-sided. There's a reason northern Britain is named after an Irish tribe and spoke an Irish form of Celtic.

Christianity > Zoroastrianism > Sikhism > all the rest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Islam > satanism > Judaism.

>islam = satanism = judaism
Fixed.

The British engaged in manipulative tribal proxy wars, guerrilla warfare, economic sabotage, concentration camps, multi-national world wars, and genocide to take and keep their hands on colonies, just because they eventually gave up on most of them doesn't mean they "generally chosen to just leave when a native population makes it clear they want the Brits out"

Wasn't just Mosul. They've been on the defensive so long that people forgot what it was like for a few weeks in the summer of 14, when people thought they might make it to Baghdad. They might have if the US hadn't stepped in. They also beat the shit out of Assad, and everytime you think you have them down, they pop back up, in Ramadi or Palmyra. And they did all that with an army of untrained morons who didn't even speak the same languages.

>Are you /seriously/ telling me you can't understand the difference between political terror and massmurder of civilians?
I'm saying you're drawing arbitrary lines, that make it acceptable for Hezbollah to set off a bomb that kills people for supporting Israel, but unacceptable for ISIS to set off a bomb that kills people for believing Ali is the rightful heir of Muhammad. It's all political.

>I don;t think you understand what "playing the game" means.
ISIS is playing at geopolitics. They're just doing it without bothering with diplomacy and statecraft; they're doing it from a purely military standpoint. If a football team never had press conferences, practiced, called timeouts, huddled, or ran pass plays, they'd still be playing football. It'd just be a fucking weird version of it.

>And they did all that with an army of untrained morons who didn't even speak the same languages.
you do understand that the 'foreign fighters' meme is a small percentage of around 5-10% of the fighting forces, most are northern sunni Iraqis or disaffected rebel groups from Syria who form the bulk of the forces, all of them speak Arabic uniformly as a first or second language. Isis was founded by ex Iraqi Intelligence under Saddam who suddenly found the grip that held them in check gone when the US withdrew. Fearing Iranian influence and power which was at the time growing in Iraq which led to the southern Iraqi Shia majority to seize power along with Baghdad, this led to reprisals against the Sunnis. That was the basis of the recruitment of militias and fighters, it was solidified with an ideology and purpose along with a command structure and training thanks to ex-saddam loyalist intelligence officers, they were the ones who were behind the scenes pulling strings and creating figureheads like Al Baghdadi.

Isis is essentially fighting a war to restore the legacy of Saddam's cronies and to destroy the Shia powerbase, thus they also attack Syria because it is also part of the Shia Crescent what is spread across Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.

People don't understand this because most of the narrative is western centric and fail to take the actual situation into account.