Multiculturalism

Where does multiculturalism come from?

I looked into it, and from I can tell it was a concept entirely invented by Pierre Trudeau, Canada's Prime Minister in the 1960's. The concept (as we know it today) simply did not exist before that point.

Is that true? Because it sounds ridiculous.

>Where does multiculturalism come from?

What does multiculturalism mean to you?

Isn't it just multiple cultures living in the same state? Thats been going on since prehistory

Multiculturalism existed in USSR

>Where does multiculturalism come from?
What do you mean by multiculturalism. Multiculturalism existed in ancient Rome and China. For some reason I don't believe that's what you're looking for.

It was and remains a way to understate Québec's distinct culture into a multicultural Canada. It use to be Anglo Canada, Québec, and the natives, and now it's anyone and anything.

>What do you mean by multiculturalism
A society composed of multiple different cultures out of which no one is dominant.

>Multiculturalism existed in ancient Rome and China.
This. It's a far older idea than Nationalism is.

Don't ask us. Pierre was a French speaker from Quebec. Those guys are fucked in the head.

don't be sly, you know what I'm talking about. You know what modern multiculturalism is -- the belief the multiple cultures living in close proximity to one another, all treated equally, will lead to prosperity and stability.

From what I can tell this concept simply did not exist before the modern day. With every example of a "multicultural" society I see leftists bring from the past, it was an objectively bad trait which lead to instability and eventual collapse. See: Austria-Hungary, Ottoman Empire.

Pierre and his son hate their Québécois identity tho.

>Multiculturalism existed in ancient Rome and China
Foreigners existing as second class citizens in a state is not "multiculturalism".

The US and USSR had been practising multiculturalism long before us and before them countless empires.

Pierre was an Anglophile for sure but his son is just a plain old retard.

>USSR
>multicultural

Are you goddamn kidding me? Do you define multiculturalism as simply different people EXISTING in the same nation? Because that's the only definition that makes those statements make sense.

First thing, ideologically, the USSR was supposed to replace all previous cultures and religions with communism. But even ignoring that, in practice, it was a Russian-dominated state which did not treat the other republics and cultures with anywhere near as much respect or influence. This is the state that engaged in forced relocation to change demographics to suit their needs, which generally involved making everything more Russian. Thinking that they were adherents of multiculturalism is simply laughable.

Katyn was a fine example

There's literally nothing wrong with multiculturalism provided they get along

It seems like you're just going to keep redefining "multiculturalism" so all the examples don't count. So what do you want to hear?

Nigga I'm talking about modern multiculturalism. If you define it literally then every single nation in the history of humanity was multicultural, which makes it lose all meaning.

Are you just pretending to be obtuse or are you actually that dumb?

A-H actually worked extremely well for nationalities that did not have their own state. Here in Poland, Franz Joseph is basically an object of a small personality cult. Ask a Hungarian, ask a Croat, a Czech and they will most likely say that it was a very acceptable place to live in. Everywhere it led to prosperity and a period of relative peace. It only collapsed after being destroyed by other powers. At that point it was simply most rational to jump ship and try something on their own, rather than actively working against the state. (excluding Italians and Serbs who sought to be reunited with their bretheren)

Hell, in 1846, when Polish nobility tried to stage an uprising (I know it wasn't A-H yet, but you can't deny the continuity), serfs revolted against their masters. They considered Emperor as their protector, rather than the nobility as their fellow Poles.

>killing political opponents and POWs is an ethnic cleansing

You should have at least brought up NKVD's Polish Operation.

first post best post

People who use the Ottoman empire as an example of the "dangers of multiculturalism" show that they know absolutely nothing about the Ottoman empire.

>Empire = multiculturalism
Yeah okay. I guess they're interchangeable concepts.

They hate all Canadian culture.

clarify

No such thing. Canadian culture is multiculturalism itself.

Whats about the USA. The country that was funded by many different ethnic groups?

multiculturalism mean non-stoppable competition and hate between internal cultures. Multiculturalism is worse than shit.

Multiculturalism leads to parallel societies and therefore remains a ‘life lie,’ ” or a sham

>mongolian empire
>roman empire
>ming china
>aztec empire
>alexanders empire
>spanish empire
>british empire
>french empire

Literally dozens more. All were multicultural.

They have few ethnics, but not was "multicultural". Also, the Roman empire. Then culture of Jesus came, it destroyed traditional Hellenic culture, such a good example how multiculturalism work.

Can we combine tyranny, oligarchy and democracy in one country same time? For sake of theory of multiculturalism of course.

>implying only Latins were Roman citizens

It comes from socio-cultural decline, duh.

A socio-cultural weapon, invented by Jews thousands of years ago, and they've used it to destroy several great empires and civilizations ever since. The modern strain of MULTCULT cancer we're seeing right now though was really pioneered by known Hebrew Satanist ((((((Toby Fox)))))) some time in late 2015, but there's evidence to suggest he had started formulating it as early as 2011.