Was the Soviet Union the first ever satanist state?

Was the Soviet Union the first ever satanist state?

no.
Satanism is an actual philosophy based on individualism and rejection of collectivism, much more in line with, and indeed based on ayn rand's writings.
thus it is antithetical to the communist ideology of the ussr

faggot

/thread

wtf i love satanism now?

No. That would be England under the virgin queen

No, they tried forced antitheism, and religion of communism but without any success both. They never were satanists.

Yes. Ask yourself what would a satanist clique do after they gained power?

>destroying all churches
>robbing and killing all rich people
>destroying culture
>spreading their ideology to other countries and igniting revolution in an attempt to conquer the world

There you go.

>a high level of discourse is expected

No, that was Babylon

t. Cathcuck

Of course not.

t. the Anglo cuck who has deluded himself into thinking either Luther or Calvin would ever accept his puffed version of the Church of Babylon

Laughingreformers.jpeg

So basically satanism is libertarianism? Kek.

Actually and in fact satanist is a philosophy for edgy teens that don't want anybody tell me what to do. Really makes you see libertarianism from a different angle.

That would be California user

real satanism has never been tried

This filthy world belongs to Satan now,no surprise here

Literally this.

Always bothered me that the same wing that holds Ayn Rand in such high regards is also home to the Religious Right.

Leyvian (or whatever its called) Satanism is basically just nihilism with ripped off occult branding. Real satanism is orthodox theistic satanism; the hatred for God and belief in Satan (the actual devil), as the supreme ruler of reality.

...Except the classic story goes that Satan loves God and simply doesn't think man is worthy of His attention, having rebelled when God demanded the angels place man before Him, and is determined to bring about the fall of man to prove his point. But, given that the theistic brand of Satanism is all but completely disorganized when set against The Church of Satan, I suppose it's no surprise that they'd be even more flippant. CoS is edgy teenager land, while theistic satanists just tend to be edgy teenagers that didn't think they were edgy enough.

USA is.

>Satan loves God
Satan envies and hates God in the Roman Catholic interpretations of events.

The devil instigates the sin of envy, but he isn't envious of God, he's envious of man. His sin is pride in his refusal to worship man, hence the classic "Pride cometh before the fall."

The Catholic theologian view suggests that, pre-fallen angels were given a foreknowledge of humans (who would be inferior to them), as well as a foreknowledge that God himself (the second Person of the Trinity) would be incarnated as a man and redeem the universe through his death on the cross. This revelation angered Satan because it meant he and the other angels would have to worship God incarnated as man. Satan and the other angels who fell were so proud of being superior to men that their arrogance wouldn't allow them to worship Jesus Christ the God-Man. This refusal--this non serviam--stemmed from pride.

Now, the average lay-catholic tends to believe that Satan is out to rule the world and take over heaven and overthrow God in some power-mad scheme, yes, but that isn't really how the story goes. Satan and the fallen merely want to prove to God that man is not worthy of this honor, and return His focus to their own kind.

Which, while it paints a slightly more sympathetic picture, it makes Satan an even stranger object of worship. (Though still a good go-to guy for an anti-altruistic religion.)

So, real Satanism would be a sort of misanthropy?

>Paradise Lost
>A Poem
>Not Theology

Not more than others.

>The devil instigates the sin of envy, but he isn't envious of God, he's envious of man. His sin is pride in his refusal to worship man, hence the classic "Pride cometh before the fall
isn't this basically the Muslim version of Satan?

Similar, both being Abrahamic religions. The details of the story are a bit different, but basically the same deal.

Oddly the source material of both, the Hebrew Satan, is a bit more empathetic still, in that he's not really a rebel. He's indeed doing exactly the job God tasked him to - tempting man to break His rules in an ongoing test to better their souls. (As one Jew put it - much like how in The Chocolate Factory, Slugworth is actually Wilkinson and was actually working for Wonka all along.) Satan is just the part of God that "dares" you to do it, which, all in all, makes some more sense in the older stories, even if it's a bit disconcerting. This model of Satan as "Angel of Temptation, Sin, Divine Persecution, and Death", at least, has no free will of its own. In the end times, Satan is not so much defeated, as "turned off" as there is no more sin or death, and his services would no longer be required.

Though the Jews say the snake in the garden wasn't an aspect of Satan, but another source of temptation entirely, so it all gets complicated again. (Though I still say that whole story is just about sex and we're all reading way too much into it.)

Do you mean satanism as in bald dudes who wear black leather trenchcoats and think they're ultra edgy by driving past churches playing death metal really loud, or the actual worship of the Biblical devil?

Mormon, I think. Hard to tell Mormons from muslims.

Isn't in the bible, contradicts the bible, is therefore false.

>Hard to tell Mormons from muslims.
Dude... They are, quite literally, on different planets when it comes to anything theological.

...and Satan is very much in the Bible.

>Implying one excludes the other.
That's pretty much par for the course behavior for all young Satanists these days, theistic or otherwise.

Under Mormonism, Satan is Jesus's spiritual brother. That's a whole other ballgame.

Hmmm, let me see if I remember.

A man is visited by an angel and told that people are not worshiping God correctly, and that something new must be done. So this man receives this new gospel about a different Jesus from an angel, and proceeds to build a religion mostly around the bible, but also around this other book that is slightly more important and less corrupted than the bible.

Wait, I can't recall, was I talking about Mohammad or Joe Smith?

Under Islam, Jesus is just a man like Moses or Mohammad.

That's even another entire ballgame.

Not under Mormonism though. He is the literal son of Elohim - but then again, so is Satan, he's just not daddy's favorite.

Every other Abrahamic religion goes along those lines. Christianity is some guy coming along, claiming to be the messiah, and leading to the addition of a new book to Judaism as well.

But Mormonism, in addition to holding Jesus in the highest regards, goes way off into left field and basically turns the whole cosmos into an unending battle between spiritual powers, in which each person who garners God's favor becomes a god of his own world. It's so far separated from Islam, and indeed, most of the rest of Christianity, that it's hard to tell where to even begin.

>Satanists are supposed to be the evil ones
>kill fewer people than Jews, Christians, and Muslims

Separate out Catholics from Christians, add Muslims and Catholics to Satanists, and your numbers will start to reflect reality.

You must be referring to the Protestant American revolutionary war.

And the Protestant American civil war.

And Protestant World Wars I and II.

It really jogs the old nogs

Even in the Bible, Satan kills all of 10 people, while God kills millions before you even get out of the Old Testament.

But yeah, if 80% of the population of self-proclaimed Christians on the planet are Satanists... Sure, whatevs.

I'd be curious as to what a country with satanism as the actual state religion would look like.

Anarcho-Libertarian free market paradise. (Which is to say, literal hell.)

The picture is retarded. When it's not backed by sources, it's simply wrong, except for the mausoleum, but it's more likely egyptian themed than syrian.

The star was never upside down.