/Hindu/

Is Hindu civilization one of the greatest in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uRWZmgXaPfc
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ee6_POmQvU
northeastern.edu/sds/ClimateDOC/Student_Assignments/10.Billy_Wilson--Cult.Anthrop--Culture-India-Subcontinent.pdf
vifindia.org/article/2011/may/31/Is-India-Not-a-Nation
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Southeast Asia is buddhist
Fuck off

I am Southeast Asian.

We are mostly Buddhist or Muslim nowadays but we are still part of Hindu/Indic civilization

In my country (Thailand)
>Most people still pray to Indra, Shiva, etc
>National epic is the Ramayana
>my name is from Sanskrit
>alphabet is Indic

and it goes on and on

The Even-Gandhi-put-on-run-and-hit-level

Same thing dummy

na it was a lot better under British rule.

>there will never be borders this sexy again

How do you guys reconcile the fact that you look more eastern asian than indian? Do you consume more indian or east asian entertainment, etc.

We just embrace the culture as they're are, Its different enough to east/south asia on its own
Most people tend to consume Korean/Japan entertainment these days

It's use to be half and half Chinese and Indian dramas

Nowadays we make our own or it's some stupid K-pop fad.

As a Korean, it is very strange to watch foreigners consume our media. I don't consider it very good, and yet some Filipino will flip their shit over what Hyunbin-oppa is doing. It actually sort of repulses me, how people can blatantly ignore how terrible something is because of perceived ideas of racial or cultural superiority. It's still trash.

Thailand dramas are basically nitpick copy Korean-Japanese drama, shameful desu, Philippine has more Latin Telenovela influence, idk about other countries
I think it doesn't have anything to do with superiority, your country just know how to make entertainment for girls

Race is kinda part of it though

We se Asians have East Asian beauty standard.

I think Indians have Persian "Aryan" beauty standards.

We brown people are cucked for sure

I have heard many Indians say that Southeast Asians are the ugliest people (I don't personally think so). Is that true vice versa?

I think its just different beauty standard, like describe, Indian features (hairy, curl, etc) are also considered ugly here, same phenomena probably happen in other race border countries

>indians calling other people ugly

LOL

Malaysian here. K-pop is huge here, and I can't understand it either. The males in k-pop are effeminate, the women act childish. I hope to god that the average korean isn't like those you see on korean dramas. The only explanation I can think of is that the fans of k-pop are sex starved. Most of them are females. And in sharia ruled malaysia, they can't get dick, so k-pop is an outlet for their sexual frustration. But that wouldn't explain why it's so popular in thailand or the philippines

Cowpiss drinking and corpses in Ganges?

Idk Korea has changed and not for the better. Everything has become hypercapitalist, a gilding of decadence over a rotten core of nepotism and cronyism.
Before my grandfather died, he said to me that he worries about my generation and how we will fight the reds (he fought in Vietnam from '69 - '71) if the men are going to be busy wearing makeup and the girls don't want to have strong sons for soldiers. He saw a celebrity with an earring and thought it was disgustingly effeminate. I'm glad he died before he saw any more of what our people devolved into.

>he fought in vietnam

you mean he committed warcrimes in vietnam

>War crimes
What are those? Is that some kind of American joke?

Frankly the SEAsians did hinduism better than we ever did.

what?

Indian love our women

not indian hindu civilization which has produced cow piss drinkers and the caste system

caste literally existed in every civilization

As another Korean I share that sentiment. I wish they'd look into some of our great history and culture and perhaps appreciate it. Wait who am I kidding? All of that died out with modernism, Korean War, etc. But I don't consider K-POP and whatever degeneracy our media produces to be of any good fruit.

You make some pretty good historical movies, pic related is goat

I'm the weird guy amongst my friends who mostly watch these historical dramas/movies just for fun. I can't stand most of the modern stuff, though I don't always avert them. Yeah many of them are great, though some are not actually. In my opinion our historical costumes were awesome and is part of our national identity. Unfortunately we only seem to wear hanbok for ceremonial purposes now and for the most part we look like the rest of the world, and even in our cultural holidays, most of us don't wear it unlike the Japanese who seem more reverent of their culture.

Sorry for derailing the thread. This was a SE Asia thread so we should probably get back to that.

Somebody explain Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, etc. Are they more Chinese or more Indian in culture? I think Vietnam is more similar to China however, but of course very distinct in its own right.

Class systems =/= caste systems.

As a Brit I have the same feeling.Seeing some gap-toothed British actor in a Hollywood movie just takes me right out of the mood, suddenly its not some theatrical display, it's just some Brit fucking around like a twat.

literally just different words for the same thing.

And its not a Hindu concept. Khmer empire had no caste

Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia are more Chinese while Myanmar(Burma) is more Indian.
Thailand has lots of Indian stuff but it is mostly basic things like the alphabet.

Hollywood uses Brits because America lost its anglo phenotype a long time ago due to inter European ethic breeding but people still expect that American look to be Anglo-Saxon

How many times must I explain to westerners.

The only Chinese place (sinosphere is Vietnam)

And its only because they expanded south quite recently

>Westerner who doesnt know shit about asia

Do not blame me I am an American

>Do not blame me I am an American
Kek

hey koreans frenchfag here. I enjoy pansori, is that weird to you ? is pansori considered high culture or cheap entertainment ? It reminds me of western european baroque theater which I also quite fancy.

I know a girl who majored in pansori from a university in my hometown. It's good stuff. I don't think it's regarded too highly but it isn't considered cheap either. Cheap is like those bar place music for old drunk men.

How can you tell the characters apart when everybody looks the same?

Flips are fucking disgusting.

Some points about Hindus in India::

>>The Vedas include advanced topics and idealogies.
>>Hindus do detailed poojas and rituals. They follow practices passed down from their forefathers. These practices might seem weird, but a scientific reason beneficial to the individual or community can be usually found.
>>There are sages and fakirs who meditate in forests and himalayas seeking enlightenment.
>>There is a complex cast system.
>>Hindus have a rich set of customs and beliefs.
>>They celebrate numerous festivals.
>>They invented KamaSutra :p

^-^ Enjoy your day!

>pooja

Tfw northeast Indian and we're basically chinks too and weeb/k-weeb culture is huge among urban kids here

Fellow Korean user here. Kpop is just repackaged American cancer that should be dumped into the sea. Also, Based Park should never have been assassinated.
For every country in Indochina except Vietnam, it seems there's more influence from India than China. A lot of the fundamental culture like the scripts, mythology, and religion for these countries come from India. Even in sinosphere countries like Vietnam, Buddhism is still influential.

Everything but your movies is shit.

Shit like Memories of Murder is 10/10.

yeah there's a growing popularity of k-drama and japanese dramas in NZ and it's weird because it's basically asian versions of garbage like Coronation Street or Shortland street

Park's time had passed. By the end of his regime, the need for extreme restructuring and capitalization passed. People will ignore anything if you can give them economic growth, but fail in that regard and people will fancy that they can do better. You can't stay in power forever without creating a rationalization and need for your unlimited powers to exist. And he was too hands off with the chaebols and they planted deep roots into the economy. Now they are impossible to dismantle.

Most movies that are not about historical events can be pretty good. Historical movies are generally patriotic garbage.

It's the struggle of the small country. Even if Park reined in the chaebols domestically, there's the whole issue of somehow appeasing the American business establishment. Though of course China under genuine Maoists like Mao and the Gang of Four was even worse.

bar place music for old men you mean kpop or something else close to pansori ? im just curious how music/art genres and their social status work in your country and how there is a music specific to bars with old drunk men

Why are Indians so filthy?
I'm asking this unironically. Why the lack of hygiene?

Southeast are cucks with white worship

>Read a Hindi epic
>It's a deep exploration of psychology and one's place in society
>Read the Old Testament
>It's God telling people to chop off theor dicks and kill foreigners
wtf I hate Abrahamic religion now

I am Greek and I really enjoyed a Korean manga about Aisopos. I dont flip my shit though hahaha...

India and "Indian" culture didn't exist before the 1800's.

Arguably, neither did China. Although Chinese culture did.

So this question is retarded

*Proceed to drink cowpiss and bathe in the shit mud of Ganges

Haha what? Even if you said 800s many would disagree but you'd have some credence since that's when adi shankaracharya established the 4 mathas in the 4 corners of India. The 4 religious places that every Hindu needs to visit before dying are in the 4 corners of modern India, how would that even be possible if India and Indian culture didn't exist before the 1800s. Going further back, Indian epics like the Mahabharata talk of India as one entity, Bharat.

Arguments could be made that there was no such thing as Hinduism till recently since its was never really a unified religion but the idea of indianness is way older than what you think. And it's not an ethnic idea rather a cultural one.

Plenty of hegemony and small countries refer to themselves separately from other groups
Ever heard of the Germans? Or the British
Just because Cornwall and North Umbria are both on the same continent and they're all britons doesn't mean their is a unified state.

In short don't get mad because the Moguls are your spiritual liege.

It's just undeveloped

Chinese also poop in streets.

London was as bad in Industrial era

>mughals
>imploded violently.
>didn't control half of India for most of it's history except that one time some total war autist tried to do so and destroyed it'e empire.

because it's the only thing you hear about them on /int/. Chinks shit on streets too, they just don't allow news to spread.

no, India just excised the islamic cancer post independence.

>german culture didn't exist before X date
go to bed muhammad.

Hey, yeong-geo seonsangnim here - english, but I was jeollabukdo for a year.

I wouldn't lose all hope - your rural people seem to be decently conservative and proud of their traditions. I was in a small town and found the kids extremely impressive in terms of morality, dedication and self-discipline. I mean, they liked k-pop etc, but they weren't degenerates.

Having said this, the sheer authoritarianism/nepotism of your government is astounding. You're so right about the veneer - I was in seould on teacher training during the history book protexts and holy shit, the fucking aggressive police presence. ie. 150 police just standing there looking menacing, we directly get told 'talk to the press and you'll get deported.' Fuck me.

Also, sorry so many white people act like literal niggers over there. The number of fucking degenerates I saw in seoul being fucking waygook stereotypes with korean whore, jesus christ.

>I have heard many Indians say that Southeast Asians are the ugliest people (I don't personally think so). Is that true vice versa?

SEA is considered a popular tourist destination for Indians. I don't think they find you ugly.

Indian here not really. Plenty of people like going to SEA because it's exotic but the food is similar and relatively inexpensive.
Oh and hookers.

This is embarrassing, just admit that you didn't know anything about Indian history but commented anyway and got it wrong. Empires don't define a people. Nations states didnt define a people. Even language or ethnicity doesn't. Rather a sense of common culture and shared history.

And even if empires did define India why pick mughals. Why not the Gupta's or the Maurya's.

We have a lot of Indian diaspora in Malaysia and Singapore
They're like our niggers

House&familygods/nats
Tell me about them.
Pls.

SE Asia is criminally overlooked. They have some of the richest culture and historical events. They straddled the world's most important trade routes and controlled the majority of the spices. They're a hodgepodge of indigenous cultures with Indian, Chinese, and Muslim influences.

My hometown of Salem has a link with Sumatra and other parts of Malaysia/Indonesia thanks to the spice trade. Salem, Massachusetts was the world's preeminent pepper distributor for nearly 50 years after the US got its independence and before the Dutch/British colonized the whole joint.

Jeollado actually is kind of different from the rest of the peninsula. They get bad rap, but they were much nicer than anyone I ever saw from my hometown Daegu area. Even their bus terminals in some place have nice Korean designs.

South Korea is a military junta in disguise, and they keep trying to integrate us to the rest of the world through many programs, but in the process we lose ourselves.

And yeah. I always looked up to Europeans and the whites in general: their history astounds me and I have nothing but respect for them. But the amount of degenerate whites that come in and ruin everything does hurt my views of them. Typically the SJWs or liberals tend to be the ones I encounter. You seem all right though.

Not really K-POP. I wish I could find something to show you, and it isn't really specific to bars with drunk old men. I was thinking more of Trot and the likes for that, but it isn't always monolithic. People like Jang Yoon Jeong has her appeal to the old type of people for those types of music, but also to the younger people because she isn't really that old. Then there's straight up garbage tier like SHOW ME THE MONEY gangsta rap stuff, which my brother actually enjoys, but so does a significant number of youths. I wouldn't really let what the general consensus prefer be the judgment of what's high and what's low. I don't even know if that's indicative of status in the West as well. How does French rap compare to, I don't know, mainstream chanson?

Compared to that kind of stuff, pansori is much more refined and historical tradition, but I don't think it's looked upon as some godly high standard people look up to or anything. Not sure how to describe it. But if you ask me, it's definitely higher up.

India as a concept did not exist before the 1800's. This is historical fact.

A sense of unity or a unified culture, arguably yes.

But the nation-state of India or "Indian" culture did not. Are you really arguing that the Eastern tribes thought of themselves as in any way related to the Indus valley civilization? Or the Tamils to the Hindis?

The last time India has a unified concept pre-Muslims was the Mauryans.

modi should let his bjp-bros loose here.

Family has a shiva linga for 200+ years. When me mum dies, I get to care for it.
Pretty good.

>tamil rulers who literally wrote fanfic saying how they fed the entire army of the pandavas didn't identify themselves as indic.

>China poops on the streets, they just don't let the news report it

>1% of Chinese
>55% of Indians
Ahhh yes how very comparable.

>1%
yes.
and the people of tibet are very content with the chinese. Hell half of them identify as the chinese themselves now!

Of course. It had an answer for why, but not for how, instead of visatian.

What the fuck is wrong with these people OMG

bunch of tamils praying for their chief minister to get better.
She died.

Also I'll add to that saying each type of music I guess reflects the time period. That goes without saying. But it was hard times during the aftermath of Korean War economically so we have all these sad types of music that predominantly came about in the earlier times, so that's why a lot of old men in bars listen to those, but as times changed there's more upbeat and jollier ones as well that got into the mix. I don't know when garbage K-POP became mainstream, but I think that was the 2000s, but it certainly had its roots before that. I guess that's because now they're successful economically it came at the cost of

We also have a bunch of foreign songs translated to Korean, even French Chanson of those times. They're quite beautiful and I listened to many as I grew up, even while I was a child in the 90s. We call them Beon-an-gok.

youtube.com/watch?v=uRWZmgXaPfc

There's one example.but I can find many. I don't even know how popular these songs are anymore in these times, nor do I know if people recognise them but they're haunting and they're just product of their times.

I always thought the same. Their culture is quite exotic. But I didn't know that triangle trade the American history books talk about actually involved SEA, but then again how would they obtain them without it? IIRC the Dutch would control most of the Eastern hemisphere while the Portuguese would lose their control there but would maintain the Western hemisphere (Brasil).

I'm sorry for derailing thread again. Carry on.

>Indic
>India
Two separate concepts. Furthermore, "Indic" is a modern social creation made by nationalist Indian historians.

There are NO words for "India, Indian, Indic" or a unifying ethnic/cultural concept before the 1800's.

The Hindu heartland did have a sense of shared cultural unity, but Tamil/Indus River Valley/Eastern tribes all had clearly distinct views of themselves as separate ethnic and cultural groups.

There's a reason India is the "most diverse" """""""""nation"""""""".

youtube.com/watch?v=3Ee6_POmQvU

I don't know?

>bharatvarsha was made during the 1800s.

good on you user.

Actually, a lot of Tibetans are sinifying for that governnent dough.
It's why the protests have died down so much since 2008.

Now all the problems are in Xinjiang where WE WUZ TURKZ live.

You don't know what you are talking about.

Futhermore, find a credible source backing your claim.

northeastern.edu/sds/ClimateDOC/Student_Assignments/10.Billy_Wilson--Cult.Anthrop--Culture-India-Subcontinent.pdf

vifindia.org/article/2011/may/31/Is-India-Not-a-Nation

India is a civilization-state. Not a nation-state.

India didn't exist before some Hindu WE WUZZERZ started LARPing in London pubs.

>I wish they'd look into some of our great history and culture

>says hwabeong who can't read chink

I was talking in terms of civilization or culture not nation statehood. And yes, people from different parts of India apart from a few isolated tribes have always considered themselves as related. Would tamilians want to be governed by Punjabis? No. Do they consider them part of the same civilization? Yes, most do. And this is taking an extreme example.

>do they consider

Correction* DID they consider themselves as part of the same civilization?
The answer is a clear no. There was literally no concept of "India" or and "Indian" culture before the 1800's.

Keep spouting revionist nationalism though.

Its really pathetic how whenever Indians get Insulted, instead of bantering, they blame or take others down win them, whether it be Chinese, Muslims, or southeast asians

>it's just banter bro
>all you do is shit in the streets and you should die xD

I also consider Tibet part of Indic civilization.

Literally more deluded and nationalistic than muslims

>Chinese buddhism
>Sinic language
>literally separated from "Indic" by the highest and largest mountain range in the world
>clearly East Asian genetic structure
>mainly interacted with East Asia
>invaded China many times
>controlled/invaded by China even more

Ahh yes very "Indic".

t. butthurt Zhang

Tibet is Indic, deal with it. That's why India should cross the Himalayas to bring democracy to our Tibetan brethren. China is a joke. India will be more powerful than China by 2025.

Last time I hear its 2020

>[Citation needed]

*gets nuked by pakistan*

>implying the pakis will be able to launch the missiles
lmao, the instruction manual is probably in chinese.