How could Rome control the muslim lands when all they had were spears and shields when in the modern world even guns...

How could Rome control the muslim lands when all they had were spears and shields when in the modern world even guns couldn't keep them under control? What was their trick? Using Crucifictions to scare the rebels into not rebelling?

Back then the brown people there hadn't grown fangs and claws.

They didn't control the Muslim lands, the Muslims kicked them out of the middle east and North Africa.

Africa, Anatolia and the Middle East were also the most civilized parts of the Roman empire, but you knew that. You're just shitposting.

I should correct to "among the most" before people crawl out of the woodwork screeching "MUH GREECE". Those people should also remember the Hellenistic world stretched east, not west, of their peninsula.

>Gorilla tactics

> Africa, Anatolia and the Middle East were also the most civilized parts of the Roman empire

Well, not really, just the most important in terms of bringing income into the treasury.

Economically, there was barely a 20-25% difference between Egypt/ME and Spain/Gaul for example during the imperial period.

Heck, Italy as a province had by far the largest calculated GDP per capita, above the eastern provinces.

Truth, the eastern provinces were indeed richer, but their wealth is basically obsolete history meme, nothing serious, smaller difference than the difference between Germany and Japan.

It's easy to control a people when they don't exist yet

0/10 bait.

A different breed of sandniggers back then.

It was a different political and religious climate altogether.

first is that Islam wouldn't be founded until 500 years later, and when the Arabs did form their religion, organize an army, and started advancing, they did fight the Eastern Roman Empire, taking away Egypt and the Levant before peace was established, and outright conquered Persia within the first 30 years.

During the times of the United Roman Empire, Arabia was little more than tribal states with trade caravans and had little in the way of centralized government or a professional army, and the states in the Levant were leftovers from Alexander's Empire (such as the Seleucid and Ptolemaic dynasties) who were defeated on the battlefield and incorporated into the Empire, with the heaviest resistance coming from Israel who rebelled twice, and the Persians who kept fighting off-and-on until the 620's.

What's your source for this?

Not saying I don't believe you, I'm curious. Especially in regards to the Egypt/ME and Spain/Gaul comparison.

In any case I hope we can agree that OP categorizing the anatolia, the middle east and north Africa as backwards savages (and calling them "muslim lands") is ridiculously anachronistic.

So East is basically 550 mean and gaul is 450, that is a 19% difference.

Hispania is 525, meaning just 4% difference.

Italy is way above everything else though.

I have been lied to all this time.

Thanks. Great answer

Probably didn't have self-hating liberals back then.

are you fucking retarded?

Read Adrian Goldsworthy, he did a piece on the disturbing correlation that those lands currently in the middle east have never had as much peace for as long a time as they did under the Pax Romana.

The land that comprises Iran and Iraq was never held for long by the Romans. They fought over it constantly in the mid to late empire with the Persian empires.
The areas that were not urbanized, but were largely tribal, were rarely controlled by Rome.
Further, the east was was heavily urbanized and civilized generally than the west.

Islam wasn't founded until 622 A.D.
So, the people you likely are referring to, were largely tribesmen without a large unifying belief that lead them to fight for their land.
The big issue with the middle east now is the constant intervention in the area by outside forces since the fall of the Ottoman empire.

Finally, things change? 1500-ish years is a lot of time.

The "Northern Arab" aka Ghassanids and Lakhmids were pretty advanced though

There was no Islam during the Roman empire dipshit.

FPBP

REAL ROME FELL BEFORE MUDSLIMES REEEEEEEEEEEE

>Rely military on bunch of barbarians
>Real Romans

>a bunch of bare footed shepherds were able to conquer the world power of that time.

really makes you hmm...

How does one control Muslim lands before Islam is invented?

Muslims didn't even exist yet retard

Maybe he was talking about the Eastern "Roman" Empire. Numbnuts.

>posts Rome from 117
>"h-he didn't mean that Rome!"