White Feather Movement

During the WW1 British women were handing out white feathers to able-looking men to shame with the intention of enlisting these men in the army.
the-white-feather-movement-worldwarone.wikispaces.com/
Why did they target any healthy looking male not in uniform? Why were women so ungrateful of men that jsut returned from Belgium? Could they not foresee that this would backfire?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5qIndoWEkaU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>One such was Private Ernest Atkins who was on leave from the Western Front. He was riding a tram when he was presented with a white feather by a girl sitting behind him. He smacked her across the face with his pay book saying: "Certainly I'll take your feather back to the boys at Passchendaele. I'm in civvies because people think my uniform might be lousy, but if I had it on I wouldn't be half as lousy as you."

B T F O
T
F
O

How will women ever recover?

A lot of those women ending up joining Mosley's BUF.

>The White Feather Brigade was started by Admiral Fitzgerald on August 30, 1914

t. The article you linked

What a majestic time period.

Note how well spoken he was, even for a private (i.e. lower orders).

Just goes to show that whites back then were literally more intelligent.

I did not even know there was a women divison of the BUF.
It was intended by Fitzgerald to shame males that were evading their duties. He would ever have wanted situations like these You think intelligent white males were culled in WW1 or something? THis sounds like an interesting thesis.

>I'll show this feather to the lads
>I ain't wearing me uniform cos it has lice in it
>you're a cunt

Ah yes, well spoken indeed.

Because that's definitely what he said word for word, right? Somehow I doubt "fuck off you fuckin' little cunt, try giv me a fuckin fevver I'll fuckin giv you summin white" would have made it into the papers.

>try giv me a fuckin fevver I'll fuckin giv you summin white

Fucking women

>ok
>no
>F U

>Veeky Forums sincerely believes this is an example of English eloquence.

Feels so good

"A 15-year-old boy lied about his age to get into the army in 1914. He was in the retreat from Mons, the Battle of the Marne and the first Battle of Ypres, before he caught a fever and was sent home. Walking across Putney Bridge, four girls gave him white feathers. "I explained to them that I had been in the army and been discharged, and I was still only 16. Several people had collected around the girls and there was giggling, and I felt most uncomfortable and ... very humiliated." He walked straight into the nearest recruiting office and rejoined the army."
Women at their finest.

I would love it if historical quotes had shit like that.

Roasties are horrible subhumans

>pussy ass women who don't fight scold and patronize men for not fighting
Holy shit the audacity. If a cunt did that shit to me I would've decked her right on the spot.

Women aren't supposed to fight lad. that's the belief back then.

Women are supposed to drop dead, they're evil personified.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=5qIndoWEkaU

B-but muh male privilege!

That's true and right but it seems very unfair from a modern perspective.

>white male warmongering and glamorizing their crimes against humanity backfires

lmao I hope lots of them died

Think about what it was really about:

> you're a pussy cause you don't wanna die in some pointless nonsensical hellwar

>"Here's a gift for a brave soldier." Demuth replied, "Thank you very much - I wanted one of those." He then used the feather to clean out his pipe, handed it back to her and remarked, "You know we didn't get these in the trenches." The other passengers subsequently became angry with the woman and started shouting at her, much to Demuth's amusement.[9]
Kek

>As a symbol of cowardice, the white feather supposedly[1] comes from cockfighting and the belief that a cockerel sporting a white feather in its tail is likely to be a poor fighter. Pure-breed gamecocks do not show white feathers, so its presence indicates that the cockerel is an inferior cross-breed.

The British men LITERALLY let themselves be cock-shamed into dying in a trench.

And it's not like being a soldier was exaggerated as far as danger goes. Of the 5.5 million British troops serving on the Western Front: 684,000 were killed. 145,000 went missing. 175,000 became POWs. And 1,700,000+ were wounded; a total battle casualty toll of 2.7 million. On top of this 1,002,811 men were evacuated back to England for serious cases of illness or frostbite/trenchfoot/etc., bringing the casualty toll up to 3.7+ million. This means a British soldier had a 2/3 chance of ending up dead or seriously injured on the Western Front (of course that doesn't mean fully 2/3 were; some men got injured twice a year apart after all). That's the whole war; specifically for soldiers in the middle and early parts of the war when this movement was a thing and the British Army was floundering that ratio would be worse.

>The supporters of the campaign were not easily put off. A woman who confronted a young man in a London park demanded to know why he was not in the army. "Because I am a German", he replied. He received a white feather anyway.[10]

Absolute madwoman.

Moaaarrrrr

Women weren't expected to fight but also weren't expected to do anything.

so, just like today?

No, back then they were expected to bear children.

No, back then the social contract was kinda fulfilled because in exchange for fighting and dying in a muddy, toxic hell on earth women were expected to do all the House shit and fuck you when you asked if you were married

I wonder if that lad made it out okay
I hope so, seems like a good lad who just wanted to bring glory and honor to King and Country

Women have always been vile creatures

>George McKenzie Samson VC (7 January 1889 – 28 February 1923) was a Scottish recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest and most prestigious award for gallantry in the face of the enemy that can be awarded to British and Commonwealth forces, for his actions during the Gallipoli Campaign.

>While dressed in civilian clothes and on his way to a public reception in his honour, Samson was given a white feather

>Inb4 tradcuck fedoras going "s-smacking women is for muslims!"

>"Oi you fat cunt I was at Passchendaele you right wanker, ain't wearing my uniform wots cause it's got lice innit but I'd hook you right in the fuckin gAbber I would if'n I wot was wearin it, swear on me nan's grave I do!"

Too funny

U wot m8?

Any self-respecting man would have done the same.

Truly, sometimes women need to know their place in cases such as these, and I mean it in the most non-sexist way possible.

t. sexist

>some men do something retarded
>"hoh hoh hoh, boys will be boys

>a few women do something dumb
>"all women are evil personified"