Why didn't Africans ever develop high art, architecture, mathematics, science, or even a written language...

Why didn't Africans ever develop high art, architecture, mathematics, science, or even a written language? Every civilization in history has, at some point, made contributions in some of these categories except Africans. What makes them so unique?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Zimbabwe
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu_Manuscripts
tombouctoumanuscripts.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Sub-saharan Africa was not built to harbor civilisation. The diseases want you dead, the animals do and the enviroment does. Constantly fighting nature does not go well in terms of progression. North Africa, however, was more advanced.

>Sub-saharan Africa was not built to harbor civilisation. The diseases want you dead, the animals do and the enviroment does.
Sub-saharan Africa is a paradise on Earth. Ripe fruit fall from the trees, lots of gazelles and zebras to tame and hunt, warm tropical climate all year round, beautiful picturesque beaches... If anything, Northern climates are truly inhospitable to men. Freezing winters, rats and flees everywhere that spread the black death, packs of hungry wolves constantly roaming the forests.

Besides, the supposedly harsh African landscape certainly didn't prevent Apartheid South Africa from developing nuclear weapons.

Can mods please ban these these threads and responses like this It's the same daily

Egypt

>I have never set foot in Africa
Food is scarce compared to Europe, especially in the rainforest. This was worse back before bananas, yams, millet, sorghum, and cassava.

Europe is temperate, green, and was once sprawling with forests full of fruits and berries. Vast herds of deer and other big game such as mammoths, rhinos, aurochs, etc lived there.

Never too hot or too cold. Plenty of rainwater all year round without droughts. Natural harbors everywhere and calm seas.

African coasts are sheer cliffs leading to violent open sea.

t. Nigerian

Did they need to?

We have this thread EVERY SINGLE F*CKING HOUR
JUST RENAME IT BLACK PEOPLE HATE THREAD AT THIS POINT YOU RETARDED IMBECILE

cuase they didn't need too

I am just asking a question, no malice intended. The truth does not fear investigation.

>Ban all opinions and facts that I don't like

Africans did have high art, architecture, mathematics, science, and written language. You should read UNESCO's General History of Africa.

Africa had many empires that had fully developed arts heritages. You are a philistine

There's no point in arguing with people like OP because they will constantly move the goalposts and attempt to pull out the rug from beneath any counterargument.

I showed someone some simple fishing crossbows from 18th century southern Gabon and they tried to claim that they were invented by Arabs and the Africans there just stumbled upon them.

Arabs

In the south of Gabon

no they didn't.....

Mathematics as the discipline we know today didn't really begin until the Greeks

(previous cultures like Egyptians had mathematics but they tended to use it for practical purposes)

the Babylonians were more theoretical but still not to the level of the Greeks

The Greeks were the first to introduce the concept of the mathematical proof and an axiomatic deductive system

Euclid's Elements was literally THE mathematical textbook for over 2000 years.

Sub Saharian Africa had no where near those types of accomplishments in math

its an objective fact

OP the person in your image is Sundiata of Mali. Try reading a little bit about him for starters. Even Wikipedia would be good.

Then how is it that Scandinavia was able to build a civilisation when it was equally inhospitable? VERY little grows there, winter will kill you if you do not spend months preparing, the natural predators are fairly vicious and strong, unpredicted snowstorms and icy winds could ruin you in the space of a few minutes.

Another thing, while the environmental factor does make a significant difference, it isn't the only reason. I'm going to get people screeching and stamping their feet over this, but sub-saharan Africans have a relatively low IQ when compared to others in that part of the world, North Africans and Arabs are on average smarter than most Negroids, and were subsequently able to make something of their surroundings, even though most fo North Africa and the middle east is dry unforgiving dessert, they still had countless impressive civilisations and empires that rivalled anything Europe or Aisa ever put out. However, sub-saharans just didn't make it to that point, in the same way that North American natives and Australian Aborigines didn't progress at the same rate as other "races" or ethnic groups of people.

Keep in mind that what I'm saying doesn't mean that negroes are inferior or somehow subhuman, it just means that they didn't have the same advantages as other groups did at the same point in time.

>Mathematics as the discipline we know today
Yes, exactly. As we know it.
That does not mean there were not other methods of mathematics. How do you think African states operated and traded?

>African states

>being this uneducated

>African states

>scandinavia
>civilization

They aren't called snowniggers for nothing. They were literally on the same level as Africans for most of their history.

>Great Zimbabwe empire
This is just embarrassing.

>Denying history.
>On a history board.
I know, I know, its hard for you to admit that Africans are human as it goes against the core foundation of who you are, but you can't deny tenured professors research into African history.
Unless you are fucking idiot of course.

In what way was Great Zimbabwe an "empire", it was a bunch of fucking granaries encircled by a stone wall and the people living there weren't even literate. Might as well start talking about Stonehenge empire.

At least the people who built stonehenge had an in depth knowledge of astronomy at the time, unlike Africans.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Zimbabwe
>Stonehenge Empire.
nice non-sequitur

Arithmetical operations are not the same as mathematics. Yeah I'm sure merchants traders and artisans needed to know how to add, subtract, multiply and divide, but those things are very non abstract. They aren't on the same level as concepts like the ones you'd find in Greek geometry.

That is the thing though, with African history we really have no idea how far they got into math.
Being as it is that European and Middle Eastern history is so much more understood and cataloged.

To say no African civilization could grasp higher mathematics is to assume quite a lot.

They were in perfect harmony with their environment desu. They had no need to progress further than they were, therefore they did not. Unfortunately, this put an immeasurable power imbalance between them and the rest of humanity, so colonialism was an eventuality.

>They were in perfect harmony with their environment desu.
Does this mean blacks are closer to animals than people?

Serious response: There were African civilizations that were advanced for their time periods, primarily on the coastlines. There were also very primitive hunter-gatherer areas, primarily deeper into the continent.

Both of these facts have been subjected to revisionism from the left (who try to overplay) and the right (who try to underplay)

Now fuck off neckbeard OP

Because warm Mediterranean cultures brought Northern Europeans literary, architecture, mathematics, complex religion, and philosophy.

Cold climate peoples were naked savages before meds civilized them.

According to the Timbuktu manuscripts they got it pretty well

>Timbuktu
>manuscripts

*Rolls eyes*

I can't believe this board exists

I actually feel dumber than before

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbuktu_Manuscripts
tombouctoumanuscripts.org

The western sudanese used arabic script to write in the Mandinka, Songhai, Fulani, and even Hausa languages. Most are in Arabic however.

WE WAS LITERATE N SHEEEEIT

Disappointing isn't it?
Was looking forward to it before it came out.

AAAAAAAAAnd that's my cue to give up

You know damn fucking well you're not
Fuck you and Fuck this damn website

SAGE

Another argument won. Libshits are incapable of logical debate.

Not so much won as knocking the pieces off the board, taking a shit, and declaring victory

saying "wewuz" isn't a debate. That's just strawman.

Very much so.

>Many of the manuscripts were reported destroyed in January 2013, along with many other monuments of medieval Islamic culture in Timbuktu, by the Islamist rebels of Ansar Dine in the Northern Mali conflict.[23] The Ahmed Baba Institute and a library, both containing thousands of manuscripts, were said to have been burnt as the Islamists retreated from Timbuktu.[23] Journalists, however, found that at least one of the libraries was largely undamaged, and that only a few small piles of ash were present, suggesting that at least some of the documents survived. A former Malian presidential aide, as well as several other people involved with preserving the manuscripts, said that the documents had been evacuated into a safe location in 2012 before the fighters invaded Timbuktu.

Fuck me that was a close one.

But otherwise very interesting find user. I didn't know about these. But none of these links says what exactly the contents of many of the manuscripts are

Scandinavia didn't build civilization. Everyone there for a while lived like Sami used to live.

>what are Ancient Egypt and Axum

Do you fuckfaces not understand how huge Africa is?

> Europe is temperate, green

No, Europe outside of the Mediterranean belt is fucking horrible because it had 3-4 months of winter that basically controlled peoples lives.

You would spend half the year preparing for winter and the other half trying to survive it.

It is a miracle people even managed to build towns up there.

>What's Azawagh?

Every single time

>why can't blacks do x and y
>"Hurrrr durrrr we wuz kangs n shit" nonsense

Just stop it already! Blacks didn't ever achieve anything and neither did you as an individual!

what did you?

WE WUZ KAANGZ
egypt wasn't black, jamal

There are still places in Asia and America and Europe that live as if technology never happened.

You can probably find remote places in Russia that still live in the dark ages.

The world is huge...
Get used to it.

Some get bigger, some fall harder, some go nowhere, others are just fine as they are...
And most just try to maintain some level of sanity.

anyone read jared diamond's guns germs and steel?