Ancient Greeks created a Steam Engine but Dark Ages (the Church) stopped it

The Aeolipile is a steam engine that works like a rocket engine that was invented in the 1st century AD.
>We don't know why they made it because the records are limited.
>The records are limited because they were kept in the last Library of Alexandria, that was destroyed by Christians because "Muh Pagan Temples are bad, mkayyy"
>The Christians fucked the entire planet up by holding back a possible Industrial Revolution in Europe.

Let's imagine :
>If the Church didn't consider their word as the "word of god" and considered any other science as Heresy.
>If we gave the Greeks a couple more centuries to work on steam engines.
>First Steam Engine in 1AD
>Industrial Revolution in 3AD?

Think about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serapeum#Alexandria
youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas
youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM
youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg
youtube.com/watch?v=XbLJtxn_OCo
youtube.com/watch?v=bj0lekx-NiQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
youtube.com/watch?v=xnBTJDje5xk
youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_technology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_technology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The "dark ages" is a myth.

strangenotions.com/gods-philosophers/

Ancient Greek steam tech wasn't suppressed by the church, it was economically useless in a time when slave labor was cheap and universally available, while precision metalworking was wildly expensive.

that greek whirly toy isn't capable of driving tons of water from a mine nor is there any evidence the christians prohibited it

>Library of Alexandria, that was destroyed by Christians
proof?

not OP but the dark ages did happen it just had little to do with christianity

>it was pointless

So were the first prototypes of steam power during the industrial revolution. The industrial revolution is one of the main factors on why we no longer require slavery.

If anything this image supports the "myth"

You're thinking of the Museum of Alexandria, which was destroyed by Aurelian because he thought it might be a center of intrigue.

The problem wasn't that the records are destroyed, it's that the college (museum in this context means a place with a bunch of "muses" or smart people) was destroyed so the engineering program didn't get more sophisticated and build on the technology.

This is what I'm refering to. I'm not sure if that's the same as the Museum of Alexandria.

The Seapeum was destroyed by Christians under the order of the Emperor at the time because part of the library was used as a temple towards Pagan gods.

it was made out of iron instead of steel so it broke before it could do anything. They did have energy weapons made out of thorium though

>B-B-B-BUT MUH PAGANS DIDN'T INVENT ANYTHING
>HURR HURR DEM EURO PEONS WUZ JUS UGLY APES BEFOAH JAYZUZ BROUGHT DA CIVILIZATION TO EM!!!

wat

Christianity is the foundation of western civilization.

Deal with it.

It could be argued that Ancient greece is the foundation of the current western world, at least since the Renaissance and the Enlightenment.

It really isn't.

But Christianity didn't cause the Dark Ages either.

Imagine if pagans and atheists didn't oppress the Word of God, we'd all be united with our Lord in heaven right now.

Yeah, I don't think that's the cool, steam engine building part of Alexandria.

If I'm honest, I think the Dark Ages was caused mainly by tyrants taking over the Mediterranean republics and making them unsustainable.

>tells us origins and purpose of mankind
>gave us ethics, morals, values
>made Europe the "main character" of the world

Christianity is the foundation of western civilization.

The Greeks and Romans had a system of moral philosophy long before the Christian world did.

I mean Christianity was useful to Europe in terms of spreading colonial empires with the bible, but Europe would still have dominated the planet without them by virtue of high labor productivity.

The lion's share of Europe's success is down to well thought out political systems and legal codes, leading to economic expansion.

>Hurr durr ansient greecs r dum pagan homoz lol we wuz ancient europeans n shiet

Yeah but the Greeks/Romans had it wrong. They believed in satanic false pagan gods, no connection to reality.

>tells us origins and purpose of mankind
So does evolution

>gave us ethics, morals, values
Also crusades, inquisition and book burning

>made Europe the "main character" of the world
Europe did not surpass China until the enlightenment and the industrial revolution which were secular events

I mean, the stuff that their gods told them was good a lot of the time.

>Have your states be ruled by laws rather than men
>pursue knowledge
>teach your kids the trivium and the quadruvium
>build giant city-smashing siege engines

I can't speak for the kingdom of god, but the Greeks did a good job on earth.

>Europe would still have dominated the planet without them
Lol this comically false sense of destiny people have is hilarious.

Not on account of destiny.

On account of legal systems.

I mean, it's possible that early Christianity helped to get rid of chattel slavery, consanguineous marriage, and so on, and in doing so it laid the grounds for Western dominance, but it's equally likely that it was pure economics.

Europe seems to be the only part of the world that does republics, and republics become increasingly OP as technology gets better.

S T E E L
It's impossible to make a proper steam engine without it. Heron's engine was an interesting proof of concept, but useless at the time.

see? you're stupid, can't even understand a dumb and basic english

the steam engine took off because there was already a network of water powered factories transporting goods along canals. the steam engine and rail roads allowed this model of productions to exploited fully without the limits of geography.

the steam engine was the last piece of the puzzle in the industrial revolution, not the first.

also, coal.

The Greek steam engine was a toy, it was economically useless at the time and couldn't be used to do any work.

The main library was burned down by Roman armies. Smaller buildings around it were later destroyed by Christian armies and Muslim armies. Trying to force your "Christianity is bad" narrative, are you?

Anyway, that steam engine was an ancient world version of a parlor trick and was never considered to be of any use.

Everything good that happened in Europe happened because of classical influence and in spite of Christianity.

>The Aeolipile is a steam engine that works like a rocket engine

It's literally just a spinning ball you retard. Anyone with a cursory understanding of steam engines knows that his is not a steam engine.

>no no no, MY imaginary sky fairy is more real than yours!
LOL

>Worst Objection to Theism: Who Created God?
youtube.com/watch?v=kKKIvmcO5LQ

>Digital Physics Argument for God's Existence
youtube.com/watch?v=v2Xsp4FRgas

>The Leibnizian Cosmological Argument
youtube.com/watch?v=s2ULF5WixMM

>Quantum Physics Debunks Materialism
youtube.com/watch?v=4C5pq7W5yRM

>The Introspective Argument
youtube.com/watch?v=4l1lQMCOguw

>The Teleological Argument
youtube.com/watch?v=3Yt7hvgFuNg

>What Atheists Confuse
youtube.com/watch?v=XbLJtxn_OCo
youtube.com/watch?v=bj0lekx-NiQ

>Is Atheism a Delusion?
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
youtube.com/watch?v=xnBTJDje5xk

>Atheists Don't Exist
youtube.com/watch?v=qDX6F_O5XB0

Kill yourself, Christard

>Christards trying to deny a lot of Greco-Roman technology and knowledge was lost over the ages and only recovered very late

Reminder: the Romans had more advanced mining and agricultural techniques than us until the 19th century, the abacus was lost until the 11th century, they had better concrete, they were extremely skilled at painting and sculpting, they had nanoengineering, Aristarchus of Samos theorized about the heliocentric model 1800 years before Copernicus, etc:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Greek_technology
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_technology

You are fucking stupid if you think medieval Europe was as advanced as the ancient world. It was an era of backwardness and stagnation. Europe was being put to shame by Chinks, Muslims and poo in loos during that time.

After you, fedoratard.

>having more poos doing nothing except waste the fertility of the top soil for muh gdp is a good thing

hahah niggers like you are retarded. After Rome conquered Greece they technologically stagnated. It was only until the oppressive WRE got BTFO by the g*rmanics that people could move on from a slave labor orientated economy which distinctivesed labor saving devices.

Muh super cool concrete is not an argument. Stone age Mayans and Aztecs could do that too

weak bait, you should all be ashamed

They also invented coin-op vending machines.
I bet soon enough they'd be playing some kind of analog arcade games.

>The Christians fucked the entire planet up by holding back a possible Industrial Revolution in Europe.

False, nobody on the Planet at the time had the required metallurgy to make the steam engine happened.

Christianity did however result in the domestication of rabbits though.

>converting heat into work through the expansion of steam
Sounds like a steam engine to me
an extremely shitty one, but still a steam engine

But the Greeks had steel.

I'm thinking, too bad protestants/atheists are retardeds who believe the Industrial Revolution to be a good thing so they didn't stopped it too.