1980's United States of America

>1980's United States of America
Why am I so addicted with this certain time period? Like, why was everything so perfect? I was born in 1998, yet based on my parent's stories, pop culture, and music. This generation was the best. There were more White people in America and the fashion was just superior. The technology, video games, music etc. everything about this timeline was perfect. We need to go back to the 1980's. I wish I was born in the 70's so I could experience this generation.

If you think otherwise, explain why the 1980's were bad

As a legit 90s kid (born in 86) the 80s aesthetic always seemed backwards and tacky and out of date to me as a kid so I always hated it. I still do.

I think you need to stop listening to vaporwave.

Another 86 here, I grew up on watching 80s movies and listening to 80s music and I love that shit.

>explain why the 1980's were bad
Globalism, shaky economy, return of American militarism, crime through the roof and getting exacerbated by the coke/crack epidemics, fairly openly corrupt government (and no one REALLY gave a shit), American auto manufacturers finally shit the bed, neoconservatism/liberalism and that's just for the United States. If you're in the Western Europe, coal is shitting the bed, steel is shitting the bed (not that Europe could compete with American steel for 100 years before this either way), South Europe is going through its final years of Years of Lead. Eastern Europe is a fucking mess, governments on the verge of collapse, meat extremely hard to come by, getting WAY too deep into Afghanistan despite barely being able to prop themselves up (however, this has the benefit of an allowance of dissent which causes a quick and peaceful cultural revolution away from communism until 1989 when communism falls). It was really fucking good if you were Japanese, though.

94 here. 80s aesthetic is corny as fuck. I know it was a time of experimentation, but I'm very glad we're finally heading back to the 1940s. The 80s were too... idk new wave for my test.

>1940s
>nothing but nigger music
Thanks but no thanks.

>born in 98
There are people on Veeky Forums right now that are younger than me

The 80s were a time of unbridled passion, capitalism and exuberance in the Anglo world. With Reagan and Thatcher on their respective thrones consumerism was at its peak, and it was a good peak. The only drawback is that life in major western cities was fucking awful. New York was a no-go zone in the 80s.

NYC is safe now but still looks like poop.

>consumerism was at its peak, and it was a good peak
It really wasn't a good peak and two recessions proved that. People just happened to think it was better than it was so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. If the 80's proved anything it's that Keynes was right.

People were coming off the 70s low, 80s was a consumer paradise in context. Japan was booming and so tech and foreign cars were becoming widely available on the cheap end too. Globalism was good to consumers for a while.

I was born in the late 90's but I remember always watching cartoons from the 80's like Transformers. Now I have kind of a fetish for 80's stuff and I instantly realize whenever something 80's music turns on.

>USSR peaked in the 1970s
>USA peaked in 1980s
interesting.

80s marks the epitome of American gluttony and degeneracy and effectively kills off the last dying remains of true western civilisation

50s is where's it at

>using words like degeneracy
You mad white boi?

'78 kid here: the 80s bore the fuck out of me.
Whereas Pearl Jam's Ten gives me multiple orgasms.

>militarism
>bad

I don't mind militarism personally but I definitely don't want the CIA destabilizing countries around the world for shits and giggles. Should have never started with that bullshit. Thanks, Communism.

I also belive an interventionist policy with actual armies is way better than founding different terrorist organisations around the world, but after Vietnam the majority of western countries(and their inhabitants) turned to pussies

It was the start of the based process known as globalism.

>inb4 butthurt commies/nationalists

Globalism is literally just a capitalist alternative to imperialism though, it only works so long as you can keep prices depressed in the countries of origin. I mean it worked really fucking well in the 80s but sooner or later those industrial wageslaves are going to get notions of quality of life and ruin it for you.