BITTREX 2FA

>Accidentally deleted the Google Authenticator app
>Opened a ticket for the support team to disable 2FA on my account

Anyone of you been in a similar situation?
How long does this take?

They will not be able to recover your account. Im sorry..

Like a day or two with coinbase I don't know if bittrex would be different but why didn't you use authy? Way better than Google auth

You should have written to 2fa code down

You're fucked mate.

They wont be able to disable it.

Because they recommend it on their site and I was too lazy to search for alternatives.

dont you have the key or qr code saved up if No you are fucked

Please back up your secret key. Reseting your two - factor authentication requires opening a support ticket and may take up to 48 hours to address.

Taken from the bittrex auth page

You good user, but it will probably take a few days

They seem to recognize this specific case on their support site. I had to send in some info for validation, so I'm kind of optimistic about this. Otherwise, I'm seriously fucked!

And no, I didn't write down shit.

That's what I'm talking about, thanks for clarifying user.

I know for a fact that they'll not be able to recover it. I lost my phone with my google authenticator app on it and they didn't recover my bittrex account, back then I lost over 7 bitcoins. sorry mate

Where is it? In the security options of the bittrex account?

Always back up the secret key and make sure to put in a hard drive with password on it.

Where can I find it in Bittrex? I enabled 2FA, and only then realised the QR code was gone and now I don't have a backup

If I backup the app via Titanium Backup will it work?

i've been having this same concern, i have my google auth on my phone but what if i lose the phone or get a new one?

LOL Dont use authy if your serious about your security

>And no, I didn't write down shit.

???

i have over 9 btc in a locked account

good luck

Disable F2A momentarily - then turn back on. Print out QR and key before re adding to google auth. Put print out in safe if phone is lost or app deleted. Authy is based on your number which can be spoofed to a different SIM thus recovering your authy profile. Come on guys.

this

if you could just ask nicely to disable 2FA then what would be the point

Just disable 2FA and set it up again. Write down your key this time.

thanks to this thread, I deactivated and activated all my accounts today and wrote down the secret key each time.

Motherfuckers should put it it in big red letters that this key is very important. Didnt know about it initially as well.
If you really cant recover shit if you lose your phone/delete the app this is fucked...

Is secret key ... authentication code? I have the second one.

Not with Bittrex, but Kraken. They asked me for lots of information, like what my balances were, how often I trade, etc. I didn't have very good records at the time, so I had to rely on my memory for some of it, like "I think I have 10 ETH and 20 XMR", that kind of thing. Anyway, that was good enough and I got access to my account again.

No

Did exactly this. Why shouldn't it work out?

This is what drives me to the wall.

People make all this big fuzz about 2FA being a cornerstone of security, but it puts a single point of failure on an extremely fragile device you're likely to carry around and expose to theft or destruction.

Passwords are much safer *when proper security measures are implemented on the company's end*. Companies are increasingly playing fast and loose with user data they shouldn't even ask for (but big data = profits, fuck your security), and nobody holds them accountable.

People should go to jail over hacks, and I'm not talking about the hackers only.

its an extra layer of security above passwords, you cant compare them.

Seriously phones come with fingerprint scanners, so why not design an authentication around that

The same happened to me on BitPanda so I can't promise anything but I had to send some proof (I think it was ID and a timestamp) and they disabled it for me.
Don't forget to save the codes in the future and manage your passwords

wtf? If i delete the app or lose my phone i will be in trouble to access my bittrex account again?

>And no, I didn't write down shit.
there are security codes for this very specific case that are shown in your big dumb face when you enable 2FA

You are a regional-class moron