What reason do I have to find another job?

I make $21 an hour and under Australian law I'll be making $25 an hour in 2 years assuming I never get promoted. That's more than most Americucks make in white collar jobs. I have way too much money after paying my bills and entertainment and put the rest into cryptos but my friends and family encourage me to go find another job. Any white collar crap pays more or less the same amount and this is a lot more fun than staring at graphs and spreadsheets on the computer for hours each day.

Are they right?

Other urls found in this thread:

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/sydney
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Lmao you're from aus, a fucking mcdonalds cheeseburger costs like 30 dollars. Do you even inflation? No wonder you work in fast food.

how the fuck do you get 21 dollars an hour at macdonalds? that's higher salaries than the majority of the jobs in the UK

i work at a bar in aus and can often get $30-$50

How much is an apartment?

what the fuck is wrong with your inflation, i make 6 pounds an hour working in a fucking restaurant

Its because eveything costs 5 times as much there

expatistan.com/cost-of-living/sydney

Fucking ozzi man. Went there 2011 for a year. Best pay in the world no doubt. Too bad i dont have any cash mountsins left to buy crypto

>expatistan.com/cost-of-living/sydney
holy shit 2500+ a month in rent fucking hell

Got to a fucking mine, youll easily make 100+ $/h there

A fucking Volkswagen is 30k and gas is 5 bucks a gallon and this cuck brags about working at mcdonalds.

Ladies and gentleman, the current state of the world , people bragging about haveing a job at mcdonalds. Our future is bright /s

I don't live in Sydney. My monthly rent is only $600.

Ausfag here

I work in an office for the Australian Government and make $45 an hour as an auditor for the Fair Work Commission, and independent government organisation dedicated to ensuring equitable pay for employees.

It's not inflation. It's called fucking unions and worker rights. We've had 25 consecutive years of economic growth and counting, which is a world record.

You're just getting royally fucked in the ass by your government, and being told it's "unrealistic" for pays to increase for reasons X, Y and Z. This is probably due to misinformation being spread by politicians bought by big businesses as it's cheaper to pay a politician to shill for you than it is to pay everyone fairly. It's insane that something as fundamental as decent pay is a controversial political issue in most other countries.

>tfw aussie
>tfw 23
>tfw $7-8 an hour
It sucks working for cash for a failing business, but on the bright side it's literally a 2 minute walk from my house.

No one here works for that little, not even pajeets.

Minimum wage is $25 for anyone above 22.

I know. but like I said, I'm working for cash.

That's still total shit

why wouldn't you get another job? jeez, are a convicted child molester or something?

I very much like this job and the pay is much more than I ever need and will only continue to go up. It's just everyone else is encouraging me to get a better job but all they're suggesting me is something boring like being an admin. The pay is only slightly better too.

>working for 21/hour
>hur hur laws 25/hour if no promotion
>got fired or transfered to part-time after 2 years
>reeeeeee capitaliiiismmmmm

>high cost of living
>exchange rate
>highest energy costs in the developed world relative to resource wealth
>disgusting national housing market
>25 consecutive years of economic growth
meanwhile...
>per capita GDP is going backwards
>infrastructure bottlenecks becoming more apparent
>wages growth stagnant
>items listed above
>education system going backwards
>lack of skills shortages across the nation
Governments have been honed to fuck royally across the globe mate. The moniker 'lucky country' would be great if it wasn't offset by how stupid everyone here is to miss all the dirt being swept under the rug.