Most important men in history

Correct me if i'm wrong, but these were the 10 most important historical figures
10. Martin Luther King Jr.
9. Martin Luther
8. Albert Einstein
7. William Shakespere
6. George Washington
5. Abraham Lincoln
4. Adolf Hitler
3. Muhammed
2. Napolean Bonepart
1. Jesus
key word- important, not greatest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1-yI7QF5BHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>10. Martin Luther King Jr.

The level of hagiography surrounding this man is amazing.

Homer? Cervantes? Dante?

Not one iota. I mean for starters, I'm assuming you're putting Jesus as #1 because of the development of Christianity and everything that comes with it. Except Jesus was a relatively minor figure, all things considered, in the rise of Christainity to world prominence. Paul has a MUCH bigger part, so by all rights should occupy a much larger role.

Then there's the fact that many of the people listed are in there when far greater figures existed. You have literally nobody from the Roman civilization, despite the profound impact it had on the world. You have none of the explorers or patrons of explorers of the Age of Sail and all the discovery and trade and literally world-shattering consequences that had. You serioulsy want to imply that a figure of African-American race relations had world prominence? Moreso than someone like Prince Henry the Navigator? Why is Einstein and his work on photovoltaics and relativity more important than say Newton, whose work on physics has affected everything from that point onward, or to the sort of scientist/philosophers like Bacon or Empiricus whose work led us to having the scientific method at all?

Your list is utter, utter shit, even in terms of importance.

No

next 10
20. Ghengis Khan
19. Winston Churchill
18. Joseph Stalin
17. Queen Victoria
16. Isaac Newton
15. Henry VIII
14. Vladimir Lenin
13. Aristotle
12. Franklin Roosevelt
11. Gavrilo Princip

>3/10 are Americans
>4/10 are English-speakers
>3/10 are German
>7/10 are of European descent
Totally not biased.

There is no doubt that martin luther king was the most influencial figure in the end of segregation in the U.S. using non violent methods.

isn't america basically the country

*world

>no Gavrilo Princip
>no Archduke

>the luthers
youtube.com/watch?v=1-yI7QF5BHg

>Your list is utter, utter shit, even in terms of importance.
This.

US race-relations aren't as sui generis as you think they are. The story of racial subjugation and domination is literally the story of history.

MLK in personal terms was a pretty loathesome individual in any event.

He only significantly affected one country.

>Martin Luther King Jr.
As an European I have no idea why Americans fetishize that guy so much. He didn't even have that much of an impact on America let alone the rest of the world, to rank him #10 most important IN HISTORY is absurd.

>7. William Shakespere

jesus fucking christ

I really hope that you are in high school. That whole list is appaling.

Ghandi

> 10. Martin Luther King Jr.
> 6. George Washington
> 5. Abraham Lincoln
These are mostly irrelevant outside of US. If anything, FDR had more impact on the world history than these three.
> 7. William Shakespere
Not even close.
> 8. Albert Einstein
Can't say he was all that historically important, focusing mostly on theoretical physics. Again, guys like Oppenheimer had more impact on the world history.

wow, im a fucking noob at history. wow. sorry Veeky Forums ill just go now and come back when i know more lol.
~OP
P.S. this is really me, not some guy pretending

good

Thank god cuz your list is fucking nutz

>no Julius Caesar, Augustus, Sargon, Alexander, Constantine or Justinian
>no Charlemagne, Genghis Khan or Tamerlane
>no St. Paul, Plato, Socrates or Aristotle
>no Guttenberg, Watt, Galileo, Copernicus, Faraday or Pasteur
>FUCKING Martin Luther Kang wuz on the list
Why did I swallow this bait fuck

>Correct me if i'm wrong

Ok. You're wrong.

This is the list:

#1: Jesus

#2: Julius Caesar

#3: Chin Shi Huang

#4: Muhammad

#5: Napoleon

#6: Genghis Khan

#7: Plato

#8: Charlemagne

#9: Darwin

#10: Hitler

Fuck plato, Karl Marx actually affected history.

In no particular order:

Karl Marx
Adam Smith
Genghis Khan
Adolf Hitler
Sir Isaac Newton
Aristotle
Confucius
Gautama Buddha
Jesus Christ
Muhammad

Personally would feel more comfortable with listing 15 or 20.

Proper list:

1. Jesus
2. Saint Paul
3. Descartes
4. Napoleon
5. Clovis
6. Charlemagne
7. Saint Odo
8. Peter Abelard
9. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
10. William the Conqueror

> Adam Smith
How is he important? He didn't invent capitalism, he just formulated that what had been already happening around him.

I don't know how to rank them, but:
Hitler
George Washington
Napoleon
Julius Caesar
Adam Smith
Karl Marx
Gandhi
Mandela
Jesus
Muhammed

and in doing so he altered the course of history in significant ways

Actually, I guess this really only applies to western history, but I don't know know nearly enough about eastern history to comment on their historical figures other than Genghis Khan

>no shakespeare

objectively wrong list

no list is complete without this big guy.

then again you could have two lists of thinking and people like Napoleon who applied those ideas.

*0. Alexander

History is western

Friedrich II should be up there, he unintentionally founded the United States and set the stage for the 19th century nation states.

Plato has affected history for 2400 years. It's so deeply ingrained in Western Civilization that you can't even be blamed for not realizing it.

I'll forgive you this time, but lurk moar.

this list is very American-centric. Most of those people listed deserve to be in this ranking, but not in the top 10 bracket.

REAL OBJECTIVE ACTUAL LIST

KARL MARX
NAPOLEON
STALIN
JESUS CHRIST
SHAKESPEARE
HEGEL
PLATO/SOCRATES DUOLOGY
KANT
HOMER
CERVANTES

THIS IS NOT UP FOR DEBATE

MLK is not even remotely influential outside of the US.

Also this list is ridiculous anglo-centric.

Why Lincoln and not Lenin?
Why Washington and not Abu Bakr?
Why Shakespeare and not Goethe?
Martin Luther but not St Paul?
No Plato?
No Buddha?
No Shi Huang Di?

Get the fuck out of here with this high school sophistry

This list is gayer then the one I had at the sex toy shop (da dum tss).

>no Nietzsche
D R O P P E D

Quads for Frieddy

Fiction writers don't advance mankind m8.

I've nothing against Nietzsche but a feature in the top 10 most important historical figures of all time?

Good board but.

>A man who created an ideology which is responsible for many Genocide/Massacres in various parts of the world should be considered an important and influential person.

From the past 300 years:

>1. Karl Marx
>2. Hegel
>3. Adam Smith
>4. Lenin
>5. Friedrich Hayek
>6. Stalin
>7. Napoleon and Frederick the Great
>8. FDR
>9. Herbert Marcuse
He inspired the Paris student riots
>10. Malcolm X
His threat is what won civil rights, not MLK. X is the hero the establishment fear to praise.

Are you really that dumb?

Even if it were true that Marxism is an ideology of genocide and that he had led directly to the deaths of millions, that is INFLUENTIAL. Duh. Jesus.

Also, pull your head out of your arse, yank. Marx was a fucking genius and you've been cucked by your capitalist masters.

Not bad

>Who is Cyrus
>Muhammad
>Alexander
>Julius Caesar/Augustus
>Constantine
>Genghis Khan

Your list is probably worse than OP's

>in all of history
not one country and half a century

Okay

>Muhammad
>Jesus
>Buddha
>Newton
>Marx
>Napoleon

Those are very, very, very, very, very, very important. If your list lack any of those, then I don't believe it's the best one.

why has my thread devolved into marxist debate

13. Marx
11. Kant
10. Rousseau
9. Lenin
8. Napoleon
7. Martin Luther
6. Aristotle
5. Plato
4. Alexander the Great
3. Muhammad
2. Augustus
1. Caesar

> Are you really that dumb?

By your logic, anyone who doesn't agree with Marx Karl, yes.

>Even if it were true that Marxism is an ideology of genocide and that he had led directly to the deaths of millions, that is INFLUENTIAL. Duh. Jesus

So it's okay to influence people to kill their political opponents or those who oppose the ideology right?

> Also, pull your head out of your arse, yank. Marx was a fucking genius and you've been cucked by your capitalist masters.

Clearly for what his ideals have done he would not be a genius rather than a madman plus are you saying that Communism hasn't brained wash people too? Humor me user.

Gotta expect more of those here user, Lurk Moar.

shit. forgot to put jesus in there somewhere
probably first

why is only 1 of them a scientist, should be all of them tbqh

>So it's okay to influence people to kill their political opponents or those who oppose the ideology right?
Absolute moron. You completely missed my point. It's not about morals -- influence can be good or bad, hence why a lot of people have Hitler or Stalin on their lists.

Jesus, you're dumb.

>are you saying that Communism hasn't brained wash people too?
Stalinism is not Marxism. Why do you insist on expounding on things you obviously haven't read up on? If you'd even read the fucking Wikipedia entry for Marxism or Stalinism, you'd know Stalinism or any ideology that came out of the USSR was not Marxism.

>Absolute moron. You completely missed my point. It's not about morals -- influence can be good or bad, hence why a lot of people have Hitler or Stalin on their lists.

>Jesus, you're dumb.

The only "dumb" person here is the one would be the one who blatantly calls the other person unnecessarily insults such as "Absolute moron" and "Jesus your dumb" not agreeing or "missing the point" of your argument.

>The only "dumb" person here is the one would be the one who blatantly calls the other person unnecessarily insults such as "Absolute moron" and "Jesus your dumb"
>is the one would be the one
>calls the other person unnecessarily insults

Your command of the English language is embarrassing. I can't be bothered with you.

>6. George Washington
America exists.

If anything, FDR had more impact on the world history than...

America runs the world.