New History Podcast

youtube.com/watch?v=DW-_S_8dx9A&feature=youtu.be

Suggest new topics and generally tell me what you think

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/v8xBp
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Buy a better microphone.

Noted.

Basically just buy a better microphone, it was a nice podcast, my only other suggestion would be to narrow down the focus of your episodes into something that fits your format better. 44 minutes is a short amount of time to over almost 800 years of history. But don't be discouraged. I subscribed

Are you that user that who wanted to make a youtube Chanel?

Thanks man. Yeah the next one's gonna have some bullet points to get trhough. Any ideas on the next one? I'm thinking either Stalinist Russia or South America (we have an expert on the subject in our discord)

The autist angle is interesting, be careful with KANGS N SHIT if you want a larger audience. Try to smooth out your delivery too, a few "uhh"s are okay in conversational style, but you come off a bit nervous as it stands.

South America sounds good, very few podcasts on that apart from Revolutions iirc

I get a very "we want the Veeky Forums audience" feel from it, which isn't bad per se if you contain it.

Dont use le 'chon colloquialisms and get some decent microphones, stop saying UHHH and try as much as possible to sound less nasally

> le 'chon colloquialisms
Que?

"kangz n shit" and "normies" in the first 5 minutes, cut down on that shit and make it much more subtle if you want a decent fanbase. Also try to look at history from a neutral standpoint, this doesnt generally mean to suck the life out of the podcast. Other than that, pretty good. Try and get your guests to contribute more.

Well if you're interrested in guest appearing enter: discord.gg/v8xBp

I'm already concerned about someone that wants to make decent history podcast who is offering guest appearances on a Cambodian knitting forum.

Well to be honest, Polynesian Rock-Sculting Webpages are a fruitful source of new ideas and people

Not a very good source of people that know much about history though, including this board, unless you were to cherrypick people that had made particularly good posts.

nice one matie

tnx

i can't judge so well be i only skipped through and listened to snippets, but the parts I skipped to you were swearing and brought up the HRE meme, which made me wince. I'm no moralfag but the cursing comes off as pandering and making history hip and relevant. Maybe that's what you're going for but cursing also depends on delivery and to me it seems you and the other guys don't do it very much and are forcing it. Just talk how you'd talk in real life or read up some stuff on rhetoric and effective/public speaking or something. Your voice isn't bad though

Fix the mic and no Veeky Forums memes

Imo

- pick a specific topic
- people need better mics
- no turkroaches

stop spouting memes like a faggot. Its fine to talk about history in a totally none pretentious, informal and casual way, but using Veeky Forums memes is cringy as fuck

made it about 10 minutes

>non-pretentious
That is a fundamentally anti-intellectual phrase to attach to the discussion of history. There is nothing wrong with informal and casual discussion, but there is also nothing pretentious about taking an academic approach in presenting an academic subject.

try taking that stick out of your ass.

Try taking that chip off your shoulder.

watsdat?

bump

Straight garbage.

Not horrible fix those mic problems and keep memeing to an appropriate level

You need a new mic, need to kick out all the people in your podcast, and do videos on your own, but with added visuals to make it more entertaining for the viewer.

So basically Feature History

sounds fun

Though like others said, less memes and some academic sources here and there wouldn't be too bad.

>The HRE
>Start with Charlemagne
THE FOUNDER OF THE HRE WASN'T EVEN FRANKS BUT WAS A FUCKING SAXON(SEE OTONID)

Anyway Charlemagne was Flemish(Ripuarian Franks)

CHARLAMANGE DIDNT DIVIDE HIS FUCKING EMPIRE THAT WAS LOUIS THE PIOUS

did you do any fucking research or planning before this jesus fucking christ