Historical Photograph Thread

Another one of these threads.
Gonna start with photos from the Battle of Berlin.

American GI shares food with Italian children

British girl sleeping in an air raid shelter

Aerial photographs of Berlin after WW2

Finnish troops with flamethower

Finnish pilot

Finnish armored train

[VERY fast finns skiing at very hihg speeds]

Polish tank troops fucking around

Dead Highlanders in WW1

British souvenir collector

French woman pours some cider for a British soldier in WW2

where did he find a fg-42?

Joining of the rails at Promontory Point

opening of the panama canal

The ship has weather’d every rack
The port is near, the bells I hear
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

what's this, a first world war tank pressed in service at the end of the second?

bump for more pics of dead nazis

He's a paratrooper, judging by the helmet next to his corpse.

Here you go, you sick fuck

The pic could be from the Spartacist uprisings, where I know for a fact that there were Mark IV tanks used.

"Red Army soldiers don't believe in 'individual liaisons' with German women," wrote the playwright Zakhar Agranenko in his diary when serving as an officer of marine infantry in East Prussia. "Nine, ten, twelve men at a time - they rape them on a collective basis."

It seems as if Soviet soldiers needed alcoholic courage to attack a woman. But then, all too often, they drank too much and, unable to complete the act, used the bottle instead with appalling effect. A number of victims were mutilated obscenely.

"Our fellows were so sex-starved," a Soviet major told a British journalist at the time, "that they often raped old women of sixty, seventy or even eighty - much to these grandmothers' surprise, if not downright delight."

Tell me more

Estimates of rape victims from the city's two main hospitals ranged from 95,000 to 130,000. One doctor deduced that out of approximately 100,000 women raped in the city, some 10,000 died as a result, mostly from suicide. The death rate was thought to have been much higher among the 1.4 million estimated victims in East Prussia, Pomerania and Silesia. Altogether at least two million German women are thought to have been raped, and a substantial minority, if not a majority, appear to have suffered multiple rape.

I have a few