How can you like any other period of paintings more than baroque?

how can you like any other period of paintings more than baroque?

1. Romanticism
2. Baroque

It's a close second though

>muh nature

understandable

btw look at this fucking guy's face. it's so realistic.

I think a woman painted this.

cararavaggio, a (possibly gay) man painted this. unless you are making a larger point that is going over my head

a similar painting was done by a woman, although there is definitely much more anger in this one (she was raped)

have never seen this one. u are right, this one is way more angry. i really really like this one.

The Gentileschi one is superior. Fite me.

i dont know that you will find someone who disagrees. caravaggio is an absolute master (undeniable) but a woman, especially one who has been raped, is going to produce a much better work that demonstrates the physical power of woman over man.

this one is very famous but the analyses of it are either over my head or i havent put enough effort into them. anyone?

this is good stuff. dat contrast

>tfw French faggots ruined classical art with r*coco, symb*lism, s*rrealism, expr*ssionism and m*dernism

France was a mistake.

Jose de Ribera, a student of caravaggio. The main topic of his paintings is pain

This is a Francoboo board

if you like baroque paintings i want to recommend two contemporary painters... their art works looks like from this period
the first is a young woman, Colleen Barry
the second is an old norwegian painter, Odd Nerdrum

>realism

>

>nude keanu reeves

Pop "Art"
Conceptual "Art"
Perf*rmance "Art"
avant-garde and dadaism was fun and very interesting but the joke is going too far.
Take your tomato soup, the best thing to do is enjoying everything.

the director of my academy looks like keanu reeves

>What is impressionism

you he doesn't you blind fuck.

o-ok sorry

>(possibly gay)

Think it's been found he stabbed the other guy in the dick, which was expected in fights over women in italy.

But he sure liked to paint pretty boys, so who knows.

paintings are far more than the work you put into the superficial quality, such as the degree of naturalism.
That's why I like basicly all directions. even though some of them have not been around long enough to pick out a few best and forget about the bad ones like we did with most old art

>ruined classical art
yeah, people liked the new directions better because they were a closer representation of a layer of reality that is not the purely physical one.

How can you think Caravaggesque is the only Baroque style?

Basically there is no consistent central vanishing point, the mirror(?) in the back reflects the king and queen as if they were viewing the painting, it depicts the artist Velasquez painting a painting in the work itself

It's good fodder for undergrad art history classes

Ironically France was one of the later countries to adopt abstraction, decried 'German' artistic influence (Dada) as degenerate, and returned to classicism after the first world war.

>when sophistication of form gives way to sophistication of theory and brainlets get mad that they can't appreciate new art anymore

Also what the heck do you mean by French expressionism?

IIRC, it's the Spanish court painter showing off. The thing is meant to be a painting showing what the royal couple sees as he's painting their portrait.