Apply for first credit card that isn't tied to my parents' cards

>Apply for first credit card that isn't tied to my parents' cards
>$11,500 credit limit
>Apply for a Best Buy credit card so I can finance a dank TV
>denied due to lack of credit experience

I've been on my parents' credit card for like 6 years, had an apartment in my name for 3 years, and had a car payment in my name for 2 years. How is this not enough credit history to get approved for a shitty department store card?

I'm going to be moving out in a few months and I want to get that TV financed for 24 months. How do I get their decision to change in 3 months?

Don't do that

Depends on issuer. Not sure who BB uses but certain companies only look at certain Credit Bureaus, and sometimes stuff doesn't get reported.

Do your free yearly credit report and see what's going on. It'll explain a lot.

My opinion: fuck da best buy card and just get a regular card 0% APR 12-18 months. If you can't pay off a fucking television in 12-18 months, you don't fuckin' need it nigga. Priorities.

>then again, I still use a wood console floor model GE I got from my great-grandparents when they died, and they bought it in the early 80's.

>using credit to buy a TV you can't afford
ISHYGDDT

>I want to get that TV financed for 24 months

I bet you eat fast food almost every day

>thinks he's going to get an $11k limit with zero credit

Holy lmao

The card I got approved for was from my bank so no special 0% interest for the first year or anything. I applied to a Chase card as well but got declined due to lack of credit experience, even though my score is over 800. I thought shitty department store credit cards were the meta for building credit.
I can afford it, I just want to not spend all the money up front.
No.
I got approved for that credit card from my bank for $11,500 though, baka. My credit score is over 800.

Fucking Christ how the hell did you get such a high limit

>18
>get first cc
>discover it with 500 limit
>build to 730 credit score by 20
>get amazon chase visa
>ecstatic about $2000 limit
>credit drops to 680

With Jews you lose

At least I have enough in credit in case of a major emergency

Bring an authorized signer on a card doesn't make you responsible for the debt, so it doesn't do shit for your score. If your parents weren't cousins they might have known that and told you as much.

Instead, get a job and a collateralized card to start building your credit score.

My advice: buy a used tv from craigslist or some shit.

>finance a dank tv
You are in the right place buddy

I work at Best Buy part time so I have a nice 50% off employee coupon for a TV and sound system so I'm getting a $2500 package for $1250.

Most department store cards are issued through someone else now. Not like the old days where everyone would get a Sears card to build their credit.

For example, Amazon card is Chase. And now that you explained it, I understand why you're getting denied. Bank credit cards don't mean shit for the most part.

Maybe if it's BOA or Barclay or something.

27 here. I have ~50k between 13 cards. I'm a bit of a hoarder. Current Credit Score is 763.

OP: If you want a card to get, Capital One Journey. No annual fee and they'll approve just about anyone, even if you have no credit.

the best buy card is through citi, and people with way worse credit than me (you can tell when people have shit credit after you've done a million credit applications) get approved all the time.

When you say bank credit cards dont matter, do you mean they don't build credit like regular cards do?

B.s. I worked at Best Buy ten years ago and got a credit card working part time with nothing but a collateral cc to my name Why you gotta larp op?

Why the fuck are you financing a tv lmao

loooooool
Why don't you just BUY a tv when you can really afford one?
>Want shit
>Save money for it
>Then buy it
We Europoors hardly use any credit cards. We just make pin transactions in stores. The money is instantly written off of our bank accounts. I understand that living in a third world country like the United States makes you do stupid things.
>loving my first world welfare state

Exactly my point, it doesn't make any sense that I was declined. I didn't even list a big initial purchase.
Because I don't take money out of my savings account unless I absolutely need it, and there isn't a lot of money in my checking.

>financing
>a tv
There are times when I make purchases I think are retarded. People continually remind me that there is always someone dumber.

So you can't afford it? And you wonder how Best Buy caught on...

people finance $200 piece of trash laptops at bestbuy every day. why not finance a TV at 0% for 24 months?

I work for best buy corporate there's no reason you should have been denied we have people get approved that have little to no credit history

I changed my name on my rewards account (was using a nickname, changed it to my legal name) a few hours before I applied. Was wondering if that had something to do with it, but I wouldn't think so since we create rewards accounts just to apply for cards all the time.

Only other thing I can think of is that I opened a cc with my bank like a week prior so I may have appeared "credit hungry," but the reason given was just "insufficient credit experience"

> 2017
> unironically buy a TV
> pay interest on a depreciating asset over 24 months
kys

it's 0% for 24 months based retard bro

i need a 55'' 4k tv to watch my animes

>Financing a TV

Just fucking buy it. I don't see why you need to finance a fucking TV or why you're buying one new from a shitty department store anyways. It's not a goddamn mortgage.

Don't fall for the credit card meme user. You shouldn't be spending money you don't have. Fuck the jews and fuck society, just pay for shit in cash.

>needing to finance a tv
>not being able to finance an entire car with your credit limit if needed

>pay in cash
> not using crypto
My nig....

The Jews run this place