Can we have a solid discussion on the History of the Mafia...

Can we have a solid discussion on the History of the Mafia? like how has the Mafia's impact on crime influenced places like the Americas, Europe, China and Japan, as well as the rest of the world for that matter.

not just the basic guys either like La Cosa Nostra or the Triad.
talk about all of em.

>Yakuza (japanese mafia)
>Bratza (Russia mafia)
>Irish Boston Mafia
>MS13 and la Cartel (mexico mafia)
>Kosher Mafia (jew mafia)

the list goes on.
Dump your knowledge.

Pic sorta related.

By Mafia do you mean criminal organizations in general or specifically the Sicilian Mafia?

MS13 is the Salvadorian mob.

If you know anything about El Salvador's recent history, you'll begin to see why they would produce a large number of violent individuals.

Op here.

just starting a discussion.

John Gotti aka the teflon don or the dapper don. Something that many may not know is that the Italian Mafia in New York was heavily against the business of selling drugs up until the assent of John Gotti. His regime when he took power as the main chair in the Italian-American Mafia was a time of darkness. Before the Mafia was making its way into political power and rising to become legit, but here come this snake and reopens the drug gates.
John Gotti and his Business with the Drug influence growing in America is why he got so rich, and why many rappers now adays assert their stage name with the simularities as John Gotti.

>Yo Gotti
>50 cent "Yeah, I talk the talk, and I walk the walk
Like a teflon Don, but i run New York"

The Yakuza are the greatest. Specifically the Yamaguchi-gumi, probably the richest gangsters in the world. Their 'estimated' net wroth is around 80 billion, their business practices range from legitimate business to unlawful practices. To the real Yakuza, there are no drugs, there should be no violence, there is only economics and the Yakuza's skill in manipulating it.

It's all about money, you probably cannot buy anything from Japan without the Yamaguchi-gumi having their fingers in the pie.

Check out Twilight of the Yakuza if you want to know more about them, they are really in a class of their own.

my mistake user, was under the assumption that the base of opp was Mexico City.
do enlighten me a bit.

well all organized crime societies and syndicates. as i was saying in OP.

Crazy how some petty illegal gambiling syndicate in the 1600's rose to near noble status in just 200 years and to of course being the largest Organization of crime in the world huh?

also thanks for the title, ill be sure to check it out!

It's not even about gambling anymore as well, it's almost totally legit. To the point where they are publicly known as Yakuza, they just don't do anything openly illegal. I mean, they have ceremonies when they change their bosses publicly on television, with huge audiences.

Twilight is a really good doco.

>Bratza
You mean Bratva (brotherhood).

I DO, you are correct, My apologies user.
Anything youd like to add about them? Enlighten the fellow anons as well as me? what are your thoughts?
I know they had a huge influence on Russian government and order after the fall of Communism.

From what I understand.

>civil war breaks out in El Salvador
>military tries the classic "if we kill enough peasants, nuns and students, the insurgents will go away"
>Maras, or gangs, are seen as freedom fighters against the government
>this is at the height of Pablo Escobar's cocaine empire
>large numbers of refugees from El Salvador concentrate in Los Angeles, where they get fucked with by Mexicans, blacks, and so on
>said refugees are the kind of people who have seen children executed in front of their parents and bodies stacked up like cord wood
>Salvadorian gangs quickly form, and are known for their extreme violence
>MS13 is one of these, and they become well known for their classic "if anyone fucks with you even a little bit, you just kill them" code of conduct
>US government tries to deal with gang problem by deporting felons back to Central America
>this has the side effect of spreading Los Angeles's gangs all over central America, where they take over the drug trade from Colombia into the US

Wtf I love MS13 now

>bodies stacked like corde wood
That sounds so beautiful.

Not gang related but apparently the mongols would do a similar thing stacking live people like firewood and then build a big wooden platform on top where the army would sit and have a nice picnic lunch while they listened to the people underneath get slowly crushed/suffocated

The platform thing was something they did to a king's family after he pissed them off.

The Mongols believed that it was wrong to spill royal blood, so if you were royalty you'd get some kind of bizarre execution that was designed not to spill any blood.

Ah okay thanks for the info.

>Italian Mafia in New York was heavily against the business of selling drugs
Hollywood meme. Italian mafia has been neck deep in heroin wholesale since the 30s.

Legitimately good quality thread user. Actual replies and useful answers.

The Crip Nation started during the summer of 1969 in Los Angeles. They have over 800 sets across America as well as one of the most numerically dominant prison gangs.

Law enforcement grossly underestimated their population at 40,000 or under but this estimate doesn't factor in unknown members, hang-around and family members who function in support roles

Despite every law enforcement effort the Crip Nation has continued to expand and improve.

>yfw the Crip-Blood feud has killed more people than the Troubles in Northern Ireland

Where are you getting those numbers?

Amazing if true

Yes the realitive uncenteralized manifestation of the street gang known as the Crips has allowed for the numerous areas of urban and suburban secs that deem themselves crips to expand greatly just my influence allow.

Because street gangs as well as this gang inparticular abilities to remain very open and broad as far as hierarchy and recruitment such authority in higher fedueral and international levels hasnt the ability to crack down and enforce peace as they have been able to destroy or dismantle heirarchy in more organized gangs or crime syndicates

MS13 isn't Mexican.

In Origin no, but it does in fact have many operations in Mexico and has the one of the largest ties to crime in Mexico.
We've already discussed this on the thread. Thanks anyways though user. I'm glad you took the time to contribute.

Salvadoreans and Guatemalans are Mexican.