I started a thread with this yesterday but then had to leave

I started a thread with this yesterday but then had to leave

What was the homeland of Germanics and Slavs before the Great Migration?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wielbark_culture
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Estonia has been Finnic for about 3000 years.

I see you adhere to the MUH ANCESTORS THO school of history.

That has to be the most bullshit map I have ever seen in my life.

The map is just a sketch done in five seconds after another five second wiki search. The question still stands though.

This map makes no sense at all. Huns? Latins I guess restricted to exactly italian borders? Finno-ugrians deep into Norway? What are you even trying to convey here? What the fuck is this

Well that more or less is the Germanic homeland but the thing is, we don't really know a lot about Slavic origins.
There probably were still Scythian tribes living in Ukraine and Celtic tribes in Poland in ~400 AD.
I would narrow down the Slavic homeland to Belarus but this idea causes immense butthurt among Slavs.

>clearly just paintbucketed modern day map for ilustration
>gets triggered by it
People on this board are such a fucking autists

Yeah the trouble is pintpointing the exact time period and the fact that slavs are more a cultural group than an ethnic group, and they spread really fast culturally but that usually leaves out slower to convert populations and differences between commoners and ruling elite. Thats why an actual map would be complete bordergore, and not this bullshit

Scythian isn't an ethnicity. Its a clan in charge of some land, and whoever lives on that land. Mostly slavs.

>make bad map
>get called out
>muh feelings ;(

Even if there were such a thing as "Slavic Scythians", it doesn't mean they were the linguistic ancestors of modern day Slavs.
At best their cousins.

Modern day anything is a multi culti mix of everyone around.
If you want to look for slavic ancestors, you should check out the realms of the Scythians and Huns, thats where they lived. They weren't the ruling clan, but they lived in these loose confederations.

what is balto-slavs
>balto
slavs from the baltic

Nope.
Not even Balts are from the Baltic.
They fail from the area west of Moscow and replaced the previous inhabitants of the south-east Baltic.

Haplogroup N1c, a Finno-Ugric genetic marker is common even among Germans of Old Prussian descent affirming their non-local eastern origin.

>Huns

Retard alert

>Scythian isn't an ethnicity

Most retarded map I have ever seen

>Cisalpine Gaul
>Italic peoples
kys

>we don't really know a lot about Slavic origins.
We don't because they did'n exist till 16 century

>Huns
that land was iranian (sarmatian, scythian)

Not after Huns took it and enslaved the Sarmatians and Scythians.

>All this pseudohistory in the replies

Take a look at a real pre-Great migration map

t. mahmud ahmadinejad

Germanics: Northern Europe and across the shores of the North Sea and the and Western shores of the Baltics

Slavs: A gulag

t. can't name a single flaw

I've read most academics agree the area north of the Carpathians is to be considered the Slavic homeland. From there the Prague-Korchak, Penkovska and Kolochinska cultures migrated.

What migration?

>some obscure culture in majorca is relevant enough to be named but most of mainland europe is blank

So bad

Because the Majorcans actually built stuff

Urnfield and Nordic Bronze age didn't build things yet they are named.

Because they produced a shit ton of weapons and artifacts and influenced other cultures (they invaded Italy and Myceneans adopted their weapons and most likely took them as mercenaries)

>adopting the culture-historical method
This is wrong.

I'll grant you that Urnfield had good weapons but Nordic Bronze Age?
Scandinavia was an utter shithole back then. Don't kid yourself. Scandinavians back then were unimaginative and backwards people mostly interested in beastiality.
They were even the last in Europe to adopt iron because their metallurgical traditions were so incredibly weak.

They had swords and left a bunch of them, while for instace for late bronze age Spain and Britiain we don't have much and there aren't enough similarities between sites to define a culture in those places, apparently Nordic bronze age sites had enough similarities to be considered one culture

Still I can't help but feel like you're biased in favor of Germanics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wielbark_culture
Goths later became part of the Chernyakhov culture, and Gepids settled in the valley of Tisa.

the one that led to the bronze age dingus

>Aryan land configuration in swastika