Other urls found in this thread:

allempires.com/article/index.php?q=Viking_Age_Finland
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lund
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

/thread

Suomi Finland Perkele! :D

I love the scandinavian middle ages, they pretty much were epic

Swedes>Finns>Norwegians>Danes

Can you name some memorable events from back then iyo? Theres very little information from that period

Visby is cute

Amazing Island, would like to visit there again in summer

I like Bornholm a little bit better, both are fantastic

allempires.com/article/index.php?q=Viking_Age_Finland

:)

Håkon Sigurdsson was an alright ruler

Bronze age scandinavians

Why did you get so utterly destroyed by Sweden throughout history?

the plague really fucked up Norway, while already being a very sparsely populated country and the union turned it into a backwater

I blame the Danes

Literally says "Germanic" at the bottom

The swedish symbol of "tre kronor" comes from the 14th century and symbolises Sweden, Skåneland and NORWAY at a time where Sweden ruled all there of those regions.

Therefore Norway is rightful swedish clay

sweden is rightfully danish though

Southern Sweden used to be

entire sweden used to be

You couldn't even get back Skåneland When you were given the perfect opportunity
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lund

sure, but im not a Dane and couldn't care less about their ineptitude in war after the Viking Age. case is, you guys were Danish clay once, like how Norway was Swedish clay once (it was more like a union, but sure). by your logic, Sweden is rightful Danish clay

being a viking was like an occupation, so i dont see what that pic is trying to say. not many jobs can say they have their own cuisine, philosophers, literature, fashion, architecture or inventions

Norwegians speak Danish for some reason

When a Norwegian boy greets his mother, he does so in Danish.

>Denmark rules Norway
>Norway adopts the danish language
>Sweden rules Norway
>Norway adopts the swedish pronounciation
SAD!

NYNORSK
Y
N
O
R
S
K

Which one of the three countries achieved the most during the viking age? Like finding land and such

>unironically speaking bokmål

only people from the east-side speak it, everyone else speaks nynorsk.

norway reached canada, the swedes reachd persia (ingvar the far-travelled). the danes were good at conquering (england conquered twice if you don't count the danelaw, which norwegians also were a part of). the swedes did a bunch of conquering in eastern europe but were quickly assimilated by the natives.

rollo (either a norwegian or a dane, we're not really sure) conquered normandy and became the great great grandpa of william the conqueror. norway founded a bunch of towns in ireland and did some conquering around in scotland and northern england (also tried to invade england, but lost at the battle of stamford bridge. also, read up on Harald Hardrada, his life was epic). norwegians also crusaded a bit in the holy land when they converted.

norway and denmark also has owned each other, which is kinda funny. the varangian guard was also a thing many scandies were a part of.

honestly, hard to say. as a norwegian, i'll say denmark

>Therefore Norway is rightful swedish clay
You mean land right? Is that some weird autocorrect thing?

technically Sweden wasn't a part of Denmark but a separate kingdom which elected its own kings and for periods of time was ruled by Kings who also happened to rule in Denmark

technically, norway was its seperate kingdom with its own constitution and own laws. norway was practically an independent nation. norway and sweden were in practice equal partners going by the convention of moss. the state of affairs in norway was governed by the storting, not the swedish king. the king couldn't do a thing without the approval of the storting in norway.

Dont mind me, just cucking every empire with a population of barely 1 million.

Why didn't he work with Gustaf? I don't fucking get why they decided to use the 30 years war to fuck with each other.

One is a Dane, the other a Swede.

That's all the reason we need.

Germanics didn't expand out of Scandinavia until the iron age.

cringe

>I blame the Danes
We all do

But we will show them

Oh we will show them

just the best scandinavian king coming through

Visby 1361 best day of my life

Nice memerino friendo, now bow before the true king of the Scandis.

you dumb cunt, Finland isn't part of Scandinavia, it's part of fennoscandia. Does no one on Veeky Forums know geography?

irrelevant
pussies who cant enslave eachother properly and remain non influencial forever and ever

Swedification of Skåneland best day of my life

Such an underrated king
>Reformed the swedish economy and military, extending its period of great power status.
>The greatest daneslayer the world has ever seen

Scandinavian boy, best boy. :DDDDDDDDDDD

Skåne belongs to Skåne

We're not your chess pawns

it belongs to refugees nowadays

t. Joe Lee Rozza-McBurger

bump

Did the sons of Ragnar do anything wrong?

bump