This man has openly rebuked the words of Christ...

This man has openly rebuked the words of Christ. He sits on a throne that belongs to God and says falsehoods in Christ's name while having no spiritual authority. He has called upon the Mohammadan, with their satanic religion and as sworn enemies of Christ, to come unto Christian lands and to bring their heathenism with them. He is the head of a church that ignores the Ten Commandments, that has a Pantheon of gods known as "saints" when God made it clear that there are to be no other gods before him, and who worship idols and graven images.

He, like all Catholics, is an agent of Satan, and an enemy of God.

Why doesn't an ultraconservative African cardinal just kill him?

Who will kiss his feet after he's dead?

Satan, with hell fire.

25 year rule

>& humanities

Adventist here. As a whole we're definitely not fans of the Catholic system, but I can say that Francis seems a hell of a lot more in line with Jesus' teachings than most popes before him. It's nice to see that at least.

so, when will christianity and islam finally fall apart so we can put a new, morally superior religion in charge?

I'm adventist too and hell, what the fuck are you talking about

I thought Christians didn't follow the law of Moses, only the law of Christ - which is solely two commandments, from which the rest (or most apparently) naturally follow. Christ's commandments being 'love thy God with all thy heart', and 'love thy neighbour as you love yourself'.

Why did God change his mind, tho'?

I mean if he is an objective source of morality.

They're not even hiding how evil they are anymore. Look at the pope's audience chamber. It is literally fashioned as a serpent, inside and out, with that diabolically evil "statue" of "Jesus escaping hell" behind his throne.

If you can't tell this man is evil, you probably can't tell that YOU are evil.

Cultists will be cultists.

Christ's two commands are also in the Old Covenant.

So maybe the New Covenant is completely unlike the Old Covenant.

You know, like Jeremiah said it would be:

A New Covenant
“Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord.

Who said he changed his mind?

He doesn't appear to want people to be stoned to death for gardening on Saturdays anymore.

Oh, I see. You're taking one deal he made with a certain group of people 3500 years ago and wondering why the same deal does not apply to you today.

Is that correct?

*(((certain group of people)))

"Deal" seems a very strange way to describe direct orders from an all powerful being.

It also doesn't change the fact that most modern Christians don't consider stoning someone to death for gardening to be moral while claiming they have objective morality based on the same hypothetical being.

25 year rule. He's a modern figure and this has nothing to do with humanites.

It was a deal. God on the one hand, the Hebrew people on the other. God promised protection, bumper crops, wealth, etc., in return for the Hebrews worshiping him as their God, following His Law, and performing atoning sacrifices to cover up their sins.

If you were in that country, and God himself was fighting for you, to the point where he annihilated 185,000 soldiers in a single night, and that protection was jeopardized by some rebellious dipshit gardening on Saturday, would you not help kill said dipshit?

Or would you rather the Assyrians conquer your small and weak country, and suffer under their cruel hands?

Why would an all powerful being give a shit about the worship of a small tribe and order them to do immoral acts for such petty things as goat sacrifice?

He makes great deals, the best deals.

I too enjoy LARPING

Discipline.
Why would he forbid Adam and Eve to eat the fruit? So that he can see they're obedient.

Why do you think God doesn't know who you are, doesn't love you, and doesn't want you to live with him forever?

Still not tired of winning t b h

Why do you think Yahweh even exists?

So a hypothetical character would order someone stoned to death for gardening and is also a source of objective morality?

The same reason I know your parents exist.

Yes, of course. Morality has consequences. God says the 7th day is holy, it's holy. God says work six days and rest the 7th, and keep it holy, then work 6 days and keep the 7th holy. That's the Old Covenant deal.

But you have a bigger problem.

If God clearly told people to wear orange shoes and purple socks, I would buy and wear orange shoes and purple socks.

You would sit there and ask why we have to wear orange shoes and purple socks, and eventually would fail to do so.

>The same reason I know your parents exist.

Human biology?

>But you have a bigger problem.

>If God clearly told people to wear orange shoes and purple socks, I would buy and wear orange shoes and purple socks.

>You would sit there and ask why we have to wear orange shoes and purple socks, and eventually would fail to do so.

I'm not talking to "God" unless you are claiming to be "it". I'm talking to you and asking you why you hold the opinions you do.

So then god'll kill the heathen if he really cares that much.

Logic and reason.

You exist to type on the message board, so you had parents who created you.

I see the universe I was born into, and so I infer that there is a creator. See a painting, infer a painter. See a building, infer a builder. See written code, infer a coder.

I'm not convinced that you are attempting to speak to God. If you were attempting to speak to God, you would not be promoting that goal by responding to me.

You could, however, ask me if I knew how to speak to God, and then I would tell you just how easy it is.

Speak to God as though he can hear you, because he can. Speak to God as though he were near you, because he is. Speak to God as though he loves you, because he does.

Consider this wager then: If he's sitting on a throne that belongs to God then maybe God is either not really omnipotent or that isn't really his throne.

God's throne is in heaven.

God's throne is in Jerusalem.

God has nothing to do with Rome.

None of that remotely leads to the original point, which was a claim that the same hypothetical God you are proposing used to order people stoned to death for gardening and is now a source of objective morality to people that would be horrified by the notion of brutally killing their neighbour for picking up sticks.

You've claimed logic and reason support you but don't seem to have a clue what logic is.

And again you trivialize what disobedience to God really means.

It's not "picking up sticks". It's violating the entire law; it's being a reprobate criminal; it's putting your entire nation's security at risk.

Without God, you have NO objective basis for morality. When God says the 7th day is holy, and do no work on the 7th day, he's not kidding. Disobedience to God is punishable by death.

You're one of those idiots who feels sorry for violent criminals going to prison for 25 to life for "stealing a piece of pizza", aren't you. While neglecting that during that theft, he shot and killed a man.

It's you who has no clue what logic is. God says x, then it's x.

Because he is God, and you are not. So not only is God the objective basis for morality, to tell humans what is good and what is evil, he ENFORCES it.

It is not as if by working on a Sunday would destroy God's power or God himself.

The laws were created so that God could know which of their people were loyal and whick were not. As pointed out, the people stoned them so that this individua would not jeopardize their deal with God.

And again you are claiming the authority of speaking on behalf of a hypothetical God rather than defending your own opinions.

Answer the points I made rather than pretending to be "God" on the internet.

This is not a LARP roleplay sessions.

So he is not sitting on God's throne then.

Same to you.

The question is why YOU think a hypothetical God would order someone stoned to death for gardening and why YOU think that hypothetical God is now a source of morality, not pretending you know what "God" wants on the internet.

Consider me an ambassador from God to you, since you apparently refuse to demand to speak with God yourself.

I believe what God says is true.

I have not given you any of my own opinions in our exchanges. It is all directly from the Word of God, the inspired bible.

I answered your questions twice already. You refuse to take the truth for an answer.

Since you seek lies, please find someone who follows the father of lies, and they will craft a lie for you.

I'm not playing anyone. This is me. I used to be like you. Being like you sucks.

No, he's sitting on the Roman Emperor's throne, and always has been. The last emperors were Pontifex Maximus; the popes are Pontifex Maximus. One emperor, one pope. One senate, one college of cardinals. One Praetorian Guard, one Jesuit Order.

And spies, spies everywhere.

>Consider me an ambassador from God to you

Nope, I don't think you are a prophet of a hypothetical God and I am not going to consider you as such.

Now give me the reason YOU hold the opinions you do.

Thank you for proving my point. Instead of wearing orange shoes and purple socks, as the hypothetical above, you continue to ask people why God would order this, that, or the other.

The reason you do so is a complete and utter lack of understanding of God.

God spoke the universe into existence, and you're running about asking people why God wants people to do what he says.

Has it ever occurred to you that the creator of mankind might just know a little more about you than you do?

That God would institute a work week, 6 days to work, and one day off, that is optimal for human performance? That what God asks of you is for YOUR benefit, and not his?

Because I am an adopted son of God, will rule and reign with him over this earth, and am a priest after the order of Melchizadek. Oh, and joint heir with Jesus.

Do you want to know what the prophets of God said?

Then why are you not reading the bible?

>Thank you for proving my point. Instead of wearing orange shoes and purple socks, as the hypothetical above, you continue to ask people why God would order this, that, or the other.

No I ask why YOU would consider that to be true.

You aren't God and I don't recognise your ability to randomly claim you speak on his behalf on the internet.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God.

That you cannot figure out there is a God does not say much about your intellectual prowess.

As I said, I am an ambassador from God to you. I can pray for you, petition the Lord for you, and do any number of functions in my capacity as a child of God.

Including the continual answers to your questions, which of course have already been answered.

Delusions of grandeur /10

How haven't I made my point clear?
God doesn't this punishment or the other, he only says what you can or cannot do. If God delivered you from slavery, the least you can do is save his holy seventh day.

Why I believe that is because I choose to believe in God. What he says, it is.

Forgive me, but I can't see what you can't understand. Maybe I am that dense (maybe you are).

>As I said, I am an ambassador from God to you.

And I said I don't recognise you as a prophet of God and don't consider that an argument.

Nor would any other reasonable person.

Just the promises of God, which he always keeps.

Romans 8
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

>How haven't I made my point clear?

No

>God doesn't this punishment or the other, he only says what you can or cannot do.

You aren't God.

You are saying I am not an ambassador from God to you, despite the bible verse that says I am, and despite my asserting that I am, because something something prophet.

Your thinking is muddled. You are not an honest broker or seeker of truth, but are in fact an ignorant rebel in open rebellion against a holy, just and righteous God.

So wait until God tells you directly what to do.

Because if he does not prior to your death, he certainly will after you die.

>So wait until God tells you directly what to do.

Okay then.

I would love you to make a logical argument that leads from "God is real" to "God made this particular passage in a book I like".

I am even giving you a gift of an extremely dubious priori and you still can't do it.

>& humanities
Mods have abandoned us

>How have I not made my point clear?
> "No"
It follows the logic:
"God made you and made all there is (because I believe that, inspired on the Bible); therefore, if God says you can't do x, you don't do x".
Why do you believe I need to be God to speak my beliefs?

I don't.

I do expect you to defend your beliefs speaking only as yourself rather than saying "God say this" and "God says that" as if it is some confirmed fact that you personally knows what a hypothetical creator of the Universe thinks.

I'm asking YOU to defend your opinion on what "God thinks" rather than claiming you have personal knowledge of what God thinks as a priori in a discussion.

2 Timothy 3
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

This is full on /x/ tier

God made himself known through his prophets, which you refuse to read.

God made himself known through his Son, to whom you refuse to bend the knee.

And God makes himself known through us, the saved, so that you can be where we are.

You reject everything of God.

There are consequences for that, and you are not prepared to pay those consequences.

Jesus said "If they believe in Moses and the prophets, they believe in Me; for Moses and the prophets were speaking of me."

You have had your chances, and then some.

That's not a logical argument from "God is real" to "God made this passage in a book I like".

It is a circular argument from "God made this passage in a book I like" to "God made this passage in a book I like".

See

1. Only God knows the end from the beginning.
2. Only God can tell men the end from the beginning.
3. The bible tells men the end from the beginning.
4. 30% of the bible is prophetic, and 100% of the prophecies have come true as advertised.

Therefore the bible is inspired by God. Just as stated.

>4. 30% of the bible is prophetic, and 100% of the prophecies have come true as advertised.

kek.

I'm done with you lads.

30% of the bible is prophetic.

100% of biblical prophecies come true.

The bible proves that it is the Word of God, and you prove that you were never interested in the proof to begin with.

Did you really just retype what you already said?
Is this what Christians think is compelling discussion? Sounds like you've been brainwashed.

Yes, I reiterated the points upon which the bible proves that it is the Word of God, and illustrated how the person demanding the proof cared nothing for it.

This is not an intellectual exercise for any of us.

It is spiritual warfare, and the bible is very powerful, cutting deeply the lies of the devil.

>30% of the time it works 100% of the time

another off topic thread full retarded Christians

I guess I have to dumb this down a little bit.

Let's say the bible is 1000 pages long.

300 pages, or 30% of that, is prophetic in nature.

All of the prophecies, 100% of them, have come true as advertised. Some of them are not yet ripe, and will come true as advertised when they ripen.

Not so good with numbers, are you.

This "sentence" doesn't really qualify you to judge anyone else, dude.

is there anything more contemptuous than protestant larping? oh i know, protestants that actually believe this stuff. o i am laffin. protestant holocaust when?

Sounds like you bought into some crackpot numerology cult. I don't know you ended up as a fully grown adult human and never learned that this kind of behavior doesn't sound reasonable or convincing. Good luck with your bizarre crank ideology that barely resembles the real religion that you have dedicated your entire life to hating for no reason.

>muh revelation!
>jeebus is coming back
id tell you to kys but i might just kms instead

He is claiming to be the ultimate worldly authority on religious matters. I posit that he isn't, and that the Word of God is the ultimate worldly authority since it is what God left us on the mortal plane as a guide. Therefore the Pope is a usurper, he is usurping power from God.

>Christ's two commands
Christ made a shit tonne of commands. Loving God and your neighbor as yourself were just the two most important. Mathew chapter 5 is essentially "The Ten Commandments - Hard Mode"

huuuur