Why can't people just make generals instead of making 10 threads with the same topic?

Why can't people just make generals instead of making 10 threads with the same topic?

/rome/
/persia/
/nomad/
/nazi/
etc...

It's not that hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

knowyourmeme.com/memes/cancer
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because generals are generally cancerous in general, generally speaking.

Take for instance a general called /generals/, all it would be is a shitpost fest generally involving arguments about which general was the best general in general.

I wish the bump limit was 150 posts, pages only displayed 10 threads and there was no on-site archive. Currently threads live for too long.

generals ruin boards

but half of all threads turning into Christian shitposting/autism anytime the religion is mentioned doesn't?

rather have that than four pages of just generals and any other open discussion gets no replies and ends up on the last pages being 404'd

This is what I have to do to make /int/ browsable. Generals are cancer.

I would rather have that yes. create the threads you want to see if you want to see a difference

generals are where subjects go to die

Generals are pure cancer

I can already see it

>Z edition
>First for X
>Daily reminder that Y fags ruined everything
>HURR HURR I'M A TRIPFAG

I have no opinion on the matter, but what makes generals so cancerous? The general consensus is that generals are cancer it seems. What in particular makes it so?

Go look at any of the generals on /int/ or Veeky Forums, it's constant shitpost circlejerking because after a while the regulars have discussed everything to death and just resort to shitposting and meme spamming.

that does look awful

it is even worse when they are just 100% shitposts because there's nothing to talk about anymore and when they are constantly bumped forcing "good" threads to the older pages

general threads are terrible. They have no direction and just turn into people blurting out random shit that doesnt even make sense.

>Veeky Forums solidifies from an amalgam of different threads into several superpower /generals/
>/Rome/ and /Persia/ go to war
>/Rome/ fractures into /Roma/ and /Byz/
>/Byz/ gets overwhelmed by /Turk/ eventually

It's like poetry.

why the fuck do you autists use 'cancer' every other word? is this twitch chat?

are you new here?

Sounds fun desu

are you? you adolescent little shitbird with your twitch-tier vocabulary

>uses the word autist unironically
>doesn't realize that cancer has been used on Veeky Forums for at least a decade while autist only gained popularity in the last five years or so
kys

it has only started being used a lot recently, so you're wrong. must be an influx of edgy little shits like you.

run along and watch your streams now

knowyourmeme.com/memes/cancer
>The earliest known use of “cancer” in this context appeared in early 2007 as part of the catchphrase “The Cancer That is Killing /b/” in a thread on the GunzFactor forums[3] detailing the history of Veeky Forums’s Habbo Hotel raid. Another user in the thread called out the OP for doing so, lamenting that “fags” from other websites have been flooding Veeky Forums’s /b/ (random) board and degrading the quality of conversations on the forum.
>Throughout the summer of 2007, the word “cancer” continued to gain momentum on personal blogs[4] and message boards,[5] becoming heavily associated with the perceived gentrification of Veeky Forums’s /b/. In August 2007, a definition for “4crap”[6] was submitted to Urban Dictionary, describing Veeky Forums as “the cancer of the internet.” In October, the earliest archived Veeky Forums thread (shown below) using the phrase in a combo-style image post was archived via Chanarchive.[7]
>By July 2008, Veeky Forums founder moot had acknowledged the use of “cancer” to refer to misused content in a blog post[8] about the state of /b/. That September, a thread about /b/ was posted to the Veeky Forums BBS Lounge[11], asking if the cancer had spread to the site’s text section. In July 2010, an image macro of 60s Spider-Man with the caption “That Post Gave Me Cancer” surfaced on Veeky Forums.[12] Both the image and phrase have since become a common retort for poorly made or reposted content.
now please fuck off newfag

>Complains about the quality of the board while making a shit thread himself
The irony is lost on no one.

>the word is old so therefore I am an oldfag
go back to twitch

>copy pasting from "knowyourmeme"
>calling people a "newfag"

you are trying so hard, it's cute

in some time you will realise that spending so much time here isn't an accolade

not him but cancer has always been a Veeky Forums thing and you're fucking retarded trying to save face

you can fuck off too, any person here long enough knows to disassociate themselves with this reddit/twitch/teenage abduction of the word

>not him but cancer has always been a Veeky Forums thing

read that again and have a think about how much of a fucking moron you are

i'm sorry but i don't go to any of those sites. what meme hasn't been abducted by reddit?

I'm not proud of having been here so long, but I don't like being lectured about how those posters are children for using a meme that has been used here since forever. People haven't stopped saying "this post gave me cancer", "this thread/post/board is cancer" ever since it first came into use. Maybe it's less popular than it once was but it never faded

but they are children. if you don't want to be lectured for sounding like a 13 year old then don't converse like one