If Islamic rule Was so brutal and oppressive as historic revisionists say why do so many meme religions exist in their...

If Islamic rule Was so brutal and oppressive as historic revisionists say why do so many meme religions exist in their lands compared to Europe.
see...
>yazidis
>Druze
>mandeans

not to mention Christian sects and Zoroastrians still exist there. Wen was the last time you saw a genuine Pagan in Europe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oLAY5LYbIm8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

On a similar note... here's an official ranking of Caliphates:

>1. Rashidun aka the righteous Caliphs
>2. Abbasids
>......
>3. Ottoman boyfucker '''Empire"""
>........................
>16. Ummayad usurpers .

Maybe because europeans need some other to be evil in order for they to not look thaaaaat evil.

Aso you forgot to mention convivencia, and they preserved , commented, and developend on the works of acient greeks, while europeans burned em.

Mountains
when obscure sects escape persecution, it always involves mountains. Always.

I'm an Alawite, our people lived in the mountains. You're a genius.

There was actually a whole city of pagans near Edessa, Harran. They called themselves 'Sabians' who counted as a 'people of the book' and so survived... until the mongols.

>while europeans burned them
>le advanced muslim reddit civilization meme

shut up your retarded shill

It's partly true that the arabs themselves weren't too hot on fucking up folks who were at least non-pagans, at least at the start. Arabs made war, a lot of it, but they were not warlike in the sense that the seljuks or the islamic mongol states were.
It's unclear whether or not the Sabians were actually pagans, insofar as their religious beliefs are these days beyond obscure. In any case, Mohammed was willing to give that lot a pass, and we don't know of many instances of him doing so for other pagans, so it's a safe bet to assume they were abrahamics of some sort.

Of course I should mention that it's entirely possible that continuity with abrahamic thought was simply imagined for the sake of convenience, as was done by them regarding the hindu's and as jesuits did in the new world for indigenous pagans.

weren't the harranians and sabeans considered separate. IIRC the Sabeans are gnostics while the harranians were pagan

it was a city near harran, not harran itself.

>implying its a meme
Islamic civilization objectively more advanced in every aspect from the fall of Rome to the renaissance

>why do so many meme religions exist in their lands compared to Europe.

Because Moslems were so busy fighting amongst to pay attention beyond imposing jizya.

And then a group of Qutbists attempted to reestablish the Caliphate in 2013 and have gone out of their way to attempt genocide against these groups.

Because muslims imposed freedom of religion. A thing no body can say about the roman empire at the time. Muslims conquered the whole of middle east in 30 years, but they became the majority in 600 years, people working in goverment offices were mainly non muslims, Arabic wasnt even the language of the empire at first, but slowly became in 150 years.

Something I haven't overtly realised before, but is fairly obvious now: empire building requires a policy of religious and ethnic tolerance.
So the Arabs were conquering shit and trying to keep it in line, banning peoples beliefs would be inflammatory so they'd only do it when it challenged the legitimacy of their Empire's founding (Islam)

Rome had a similar policy/culture of tolerance until it thoroughly gave up on Empire building and focused more on empire-reclaiming or defense.

Why would you care beyond the jizya? If they convert then great if not then your still making increased revenue

Why do you believe in the trinity (despite the fact that it is clearly shirk) and why do you believe in reincarnation (despite the fact the Islamic teachings concerning torment or blessing in the grave and the questioning of the two angels clearly prove that the soul of man does not move to another body, rather it and the body experience torment or blessing, until mankind will be gathered to their Lord)?

Christianity was convincing enough for everyone to convert to it peacefully

0/10

Are you a Muslim?

Yes. I'm an ISIS-supporting Wahhabi

You'll never understand our faith. I will never discuss my beliefs or theology with those outside of the faith. Sorry.

Well, you have only yourselves to blame for the fact that you will be exterminated in a couple of years.

And how do you suppose that will happen?

not gonna follow the teachings of some child fucking cult leader from over a thousand years ago, sorry man. What jesus teaches is timeless though.

The Assad regime would fall, and the mujahideen of the Khilafah would physically remove the wretched Nusayris, so to speak

The Assad government won't fall, by our blood. We have a happy thriving community where I live, everyone seems happy, we'll last longer than 2 years my friend.

Dude, half of the claiphs didnt care about the religion, all they cared about is money and power and flooding the slave market, those exact caliphs who SOMETIMES opressed christians(clothes,horse riding,church bells) for political reasons (and it rarley occoured) however the more religious ones were great with non muslims like Umar. Roman empire started bashing its own people for religious reasons like the jews and different kinds of christian sects. The grand mufti of ottoman empire almost got his self killed trying to stop the caliph from opressing and killing christians and he succeded, also even extremist ibn taymiya risked his life when he recovered non muslims from mongol king

Ottoman fucked your mom and you happened.

>Christianity anti-hellenistic
>Islam pro-hellenistic
Can someone really be this retarded

You know Christians destroyed tons of ancient greek monuments right?

>killing people instead of letting them live and pay taxes
>wanting people to convert when you have jizya
>wanting people to convert when you believe Arabs are superior and Islam is a religion only for Arabs

people don't know shit about history.

so did the muslims, they also burned down anything that remained of the library of Alexandria

Arabia was Hellenistic.
Muslims were pretty obsessed with the Greeks like Aristotle.

More places to hide.

>need some other to be evil in order for they to
Clearly this is a Negro.

incase anyone interested in the text that is in the OP, it's fluent Arabic poetry.

ويْحَكِ القنَصَ والحِبالَةَ. والقَبَسَ والذُبالةَ؟ إنّها لضِغْثٌ على إبّالَةٍ! فانْصاعَتْ تقْتَصّ مَدْرَجَها.
نْشُدُ مُدْرَجَها. فلمّا دانَتْني قرَنْتُ بالرُقعَةِ. دِرْهَماً وقِطْعَةً. وقلتُ لها: إنْ رَغِبتِ في المَشوفِ المُعْلَمِ.
وأشَرْتُ إلى الدّرهَمِ. فَبوحي بالسّرّ المُبهَمِ. وإنْ أبَيْتِ أنْ تشْرَحي. فخُذي القِطعَةَ واسرَحي.

Some dude reading the whole thing (1:30 for the best part tune-wise)
>youtube.com/watch?v=oLAY5LYbIm8

It's quite hard to understand even for someone with basic knowledge of arabic, since it uses a ton of 'out-dated' words that are not used nowadays, which makes translating it using the online translators almost impossible.

Because Muslims realized that it's profitable to just have them pay the jizya tax than convert all of them by sword or kill them. Most conversions to Islam in the Near East, North Africa, Central Asia and the Iberian peninsula was because they wanted to escape the tax burden as non-believers; something Muslim administrators realized would deplete their revenue streams.

Southeast Asia and sub-Saharan Africa was where Islam was embraced whole-heartedly of their own volition because it brought benefits of trade.

Well, the people of the book surviving can be explained easily. It was never the goal initially to convert them right after the conquest, just tax them and make them convert themselves. Sooner or later, someone realized that you actually don't want your entire population to be Muslim as a ruler, since Muslims only pay ushr which is a 10% tax. It was only later that land tax was introduced regardless of who owns the land. On the other hand people of the book can be taxed through the roof and won't do anything.

As for innovations arising within Islam like the Druze etc, it didn't really have a central authority strong enough to enforce orthodoxy since Umayyads. I mean ffs the Abbasid caliphs were routinely humiliated and made fun of within their own palace by the Shi'a Buyids, their Turkic mercenaries, etc.

Turkroach detected

>turn your cheeck or whatever
>WHEN YO WIFE GETTIN FUUUGD

Daily reminder Ali is God

Even in antiquity this is true. You'll find many Greek deity idols in ancient arabia. I recall seeing apollo, heracles and aphrodite.

Would you be willing to explain it to a non-Muslim? As a person with an academic interest in theology you guys fascinate me.

Is this retard seriously suggesting that religious tolerance is more prevalent in the Muslim world than in the non-Muslim world?

It was for a time, Muslim leaders enjoyed the money from jizya. People still died and got persecuted and shit but it was less frequent.

Alawite theology is interesting as fuck, it's like a mish-mash of Islam and Christianity. Please tell me about the mass you guys celebrate?

>I mean ffs the Abbasid caliphs were routinely humiliated and made fun of within their own palace by the Shi'a Buyids, their Turkic mercenaries, etc.

Were they really that weak? Do you have any examples or a source please?

Listen I can't really say anything to anyone myself. I guess yoy can read about us, however I reccomend you take everything you read with a grain of salt.

Where are you from my man

Is that like a rule for you guys? Damn shame. I get the reasoning behind it, but still.

I don't think it was always like that. You can blame the Ottomans I guess. Maybe one day.

I'm from Syria

sorry, but arabic just sounds disgusting, even in poetry

For instance Adud al-Daula demanded the right to enter the caliph al-Ta'i's palace on horseback. He had an investiture as emir which was based on pre-Islamic Sassanid ritual which the caliph probably didn't know, and assumed the pagan title Shahanshah, which the caliph definitely knew. He also was given the right to exit the caliph's palace through a different door than he entered. So when he chose a door that exited on the river, a makeshift bridge was built for him while he waited.

0/10

ISIS supporters say Islamic State not ISIS and they definitely don't refer to themselves as Wahhabi, they would just say Muslim

tying the fate of your religious community to the survival of a repressive regime is a baaad idea. sooner or later the Assad family's age is gonna end and things are going to go badly for the alawites after that.

What are you talking about alevis were one of the most influential sects within the ottoman empire.

Yeah so?

I'm not an Alevi. Some Alawites could get jobs with the Ottomans, but all in all they were generally cunts.

You're right to a degree. I have no doubt we alawites will survive regardless. We're a persistent bunch, kind of like Jews.

>historic revisionists
?

It has been a well-known fact that Muslim expansion was brutal, violent and evil.

The idea of a "Islamic golden age" is history revisionism, by white-guilt modern liberals.

Haha, I don't think I can tell you about our celebrations, rituals and what not. We've got a complicated history.