Aesthetic

Which era had the best looking military uniforms?

Vietnam War era US uniform is the tits.

is that that Rami Malek?

Gives off more of a Matt Damon vibe.

OR maybe if they had a child

>tfw you will never do a tour or two in the most controversial war of the twentieth century

most controversial?

nod really

I wish

is that a revolver suppressor

no, it's a grease gun with a tube sock stuck on the end

/k/ fag here, is retarded, it is in fact an m1895 nagant revolver with a suppressor. The cylinder formed a complete gas seal when firing, so it was possible to suppress it.

>when some autist can't tell you're talking about an actual grease gun and a fucking tube sock

It's a fucking flash suppressor faggot

Eternally the best

But Desert Storm was Veeky Forums as fuck

that camo pattern is much nicer to look at than the sludge they wear today

honestly, hate how our troops look

they look dull and frumpy

But it's not a grease gun or a tube sock... I'm sorry but I'm not following your implied logic here. That user asked if the weapon in question is a suppressed revolver, and it is

>flash suppressor
>pistol
Wasn't aware hk was making stupid accessories for the usp as early as the 60s. It's not a flash hider. Stay wrong buddy.

its almost like camo is short for camouflage

But that's is a drawing
I.e. Not real

Why on earth does GI have an m1895 and how could he have afforded to fire it

Didn't know technical drawings are now fiction

China got tens of thousands of these from the Soviets during their civil war. But I have absolutely no idea how they ended up in a neighboring war zone with millions of other Chinese weapons.

Also straight from Wikipedia:
>Suppressed M1895 Nagant revolvers, modified in clandestine workshops, also turned up in the hands ofViet Congguerrillasduring theVietnam Waras assassination weapons. There is an example of a suppressed Nagant M1895 in theCIA MuseuminLangley, Virginia, USA.

You are literally being trolled by a drunk Nancy Pelosi right now who doesn't like that you are a /k/ommando.

I don't know that is but there is no way that's a nagant revolver. The shape is all wrong.

Yes but aren't the cartridges for it super expensive?
Was there just a greater stockpile of surplus back then?

yes

>Buy ammunition
>Captured Vietcong weapons
2/10 made me reply

that explains it
captured weapons tend to have finite supplies of ammunition bruv, especially when the firearm and cartridge itself is rare compared to other firearms in the area.

Of course there isn't enough ammo to use this as a primary weapon every day, but when a tunnel clearing situation occurs and every other weapon available to him either won't fit into the tunnel or will make him go deaf if he fires it, he's going to use some of the ammunition that he probably found with the gun or trade/ask for ammunition captured in VC caches. If the cong didn't have any ammo for the weapon they wouldn't be using it in the first place. We get that you live in a noguns place bongbro, but you can at least use some common sense.

if modern day syrians can find enough 8mm Kurz to still use STG-44's, a VC should be able to find enough 7.62x38R when the USSR probably still had massive piles of the stuff lying around in Siberia.

>If the cong didn't have any ammo for the weapon they wouldn't be using it in the first place.
And the question is primarily why they were using it in the first place.
I get it, you live in the states, you figure that if a soldier runs out of ammunition he can go to the wal-mart for more. But logistics ain't that simple.

In Burgerland it is. Maybe not so much now but for the twentieth century I'd say it was the most controversial and created the most public unrest. Nowadays the legacy of the Vietnam conflict is "Vietnam flashback" memes and all the bad shit the U.S. did all in vain.

I guess one possible explanation is yeah, they had a ton of the ammo at the time, and the reason it's rare today is because they gave the lot of it away to various revolutionaries.
Though on the matter of the stg's, there's no indication that they're still in use, simply that they got used. Chances are they're dry by now. IIRC the guys who were using them found the most forgotten of forgotten syrian weapons caches, the military equivalent of a junk drawer.

ALICE gear was so much better. Fuck MOLLE "tacticool" bullshit.

Iraq 2 and it's not even close.

Other favorite

Rhodesia for me

African rifles are pretty sweet aswell

go back to /pol/ you fucking faggot

1983-2003 US Military

ACU is proof of the US Military's inexorable decline.

>inb4 but proper uniforms aren't important user

Tell that to the Germans and French soldiers who froze on the road to Moscow.

these look like some boys that get shit done

no u commie faggot