What is the bloodiest crop in human history?

What is the bloodiest crop in human history?

Other urls found in this thread:

press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/series/RB-EDIBLE.html
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Rice

Tobacco

rubbers gotta be up there, but definitely cannabis
citation m-m-m-mongols

>bloodiest crop
Either one of the narco crops (coca/poppy/marijuana) or rubber. I'm guessing the narco crops.

Probably poppies. Opium is a hell of a drug.

Haha no not even close

What is it then? Cannabis?

>Haha no not even close
>millions of deaths annually just from usage
>full wars fought over it
Yeah okay.

Truffles?

Cannabis, it supports terrorism.
t. United States of America

Lmao, only became bloody due to the fucking Brits. Otherwise it holds no cigar to Narco plants.

Might I add: fucking Sugar is bloodier than tea.

Wheat

Tobacco my man. Philip Morris has the blood of millions on their hands.

People voluntarily traded money for a product and then those people used that product at their sole discretion. Yes blood indeed. All those hypnotic subliminal coercion advertising MADE people think burning chemically treated leaves of a plant and breathing the smoke was a wise thing to do. Right.

Maybe people are irrationally looking for someone to blame and instead should hold themselves accountable for their own actions and decisions?

>voluntarily
ehhh not exactly

There were people that went around forcing other people to buy tobacco at gunpoint?

Don't be fatuous

Sugar, easily

Then explain yourself. I highly doubt that people were forced to use. You can only get addicted if you're a user.

The stories of sugar production in south america is literally nightmare fuel.

Continue

Is Tea still bloodiest in the last 15 years?

They gave black folks who would have otherwise been killed in wars a home in exchange for chopping sugar cane down. When one misbehaved they received a few lashes. Horrible.

Simple agricultural grains like wheat and rice

>????

It was the surpluses, from mono agriculture, that allowed "boss men" to distribute resources to keeping a hold on the many.

The wealth in grain has enabled the vast majority of civilized wars. No leader can do shit without grain feeding his subordinates.

If we're talking about modern day "cash crops", then heroin. Although I have a hate boner for cocaine. You have something far superior (ethylphenidate) and yet people pay the columbians to fuck shit up for a merely "decent" high.

NUKE COLUMBIA 2020

one can make a history book on each and every food product in the world at this point

I can get why you'd think poppies, but what the hell make anyone think cannabis? It's not even been illegal in most of the world before the 20th century. Has there ever been any cannabis related wars?

Yeah.

press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/series/RB-EDIBLE.html

Hemp plants were used for shipping cordage for centuries. Without it, Enlightenment-era navies simply wouldn't function.

Scythians and a lot of other steppe peoples would get high as shit before going into combat. Cartels went to war over it. Hemp was lucrative enough in the age of sail that trade wars developed. Cannabis isn't all those dirty hippies want to make it out to be.

Teak

T. Kaczynski

The ones mosquitos hatch on

Thanks for the explanation guys. I get the argument now.

Various social pressures and familial histories can contribute to differing abilities to resist the urge to try tobacco.
If you're poor and your family has a history of smoking, you are far more likely to smoke.

>all these people saying rubber
Rubber isn't a crop.

Probably cannabis or tobacco.

Opium Poppies or Sugar canes.

Lolwut?

which ones are extinct

It is a crop since its cultivated in plantations.

So.. not forced. Got it.

>rubber plantations don't exist
You are retarded

The olive.

This disgusting little fruit funded arguably the first Evil Empire to exist in the West, and surely they were the inspiration to all following empires.
The fact that the fruit needs to be soaked in poison to even be consumed really says something about its nature.

They literally bathed in the oil of the olive. Presumably, when an aristocrat found himself a tight-assed boitoi, he would use the oil to lubricate his anus, cheeks, or thighs.

>free will doesn't exist

Try being a Japanese white collar when your boss forces everyone to drink after work. You aren't going to say no to him.

First of all, that is a myth. It is a common peer pressure, but mostly from peers and not bosses.

Second, doctors will literally give you a slip of paper saying you don't have to drink.

Fuck off.

>get told
>change the subject
We're not talking about Japanese drinking culture. We're talking about smoking.