Explain the Uralic language family to me. How the fuck did this happen?

Explain the Uralic language family to me. How the fuck did this happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatyanovo–Balanovo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm no expert but I tried to read into this and the tl;dr of the answer is "Nobody knows"

Very carefully.

>Creates language, no one around to speak it

They're just a bunch of polar kooks and no one cared to assimilate because the land they live on is completely worthless.

The Hungarians actually hated their ancestra land so much they GTFO'd as soon as they could and chose to live in Eastern Europe because that was actually a better homeland than bumfuck, Siberia.

They're pretty much all being made extinct via russification though, specially the souther ones like Ingrian and Mordvin

>he actually believes Hungarian is a "Finno-Ugric" language family

But the evidence leans in favor of Seima-Turbino phenomenon.

>Hungarian is the official language of Hungary and one of the 24 official languages of the European Union. Outside Hungary it is also spoken by communities of Hungarian people in neighbouring countries (especially in Romania, Slovakia, Serbia and Croatia), and by Hungarian diaspora communities worldwide. Like Finnish and Estonian, it belongs to the Uralic language family, its closest relatives being Mansi and Khanty. It is one of the several European languages not part of the Indo-European languages.

I tried to read into this for real some years back (y'know not online but in journals and stuff) and found only a fringe group of researchers stating that it's not Finno-Ugric.

As opposed to ?

>let's mix archeological and semantic evidence
I know you are not the only one doing so but it's retarded and it needs to stop.

>not knowing that the hungarian is a turkic language

>It is further conjectured that the same migrations spread the Uralic group of languages across Europe and Asia: some 39 languages of this group are still extant, including Hungarian, Finnish, Estonian and Sami.[4] However, recent genetic testings of sites in south Siberia and Kazakhstan (Andronovo horizon) would rather support a spreading of the bronze technology via Indo-European migrations eastwards, as this technology was well known for quite a while in western regions.[8][9

Still, there is no other archaological phenomenon that could connect all Uralic languages.

I suppose in the future this might proven through DNA studies.

>Still, there is no other archaological phenomenon that could connect all Uralic languages.
I know most people here are wiki warriors but thereis a serious flaw in this kind of thinking: There logically can be no archeological evidence for a contemporary semantic phenomenon. DNA testing doesn't resolve this either. All of those are just one special kind of source that needs to be examined accordingly.

As for the burial sites: Maybe those sites were just dank and other peoples started burying their dead in the same dame way? Maybe it's a phenomenon of the upper class etc.
Archeologist seriously need to shut the fuck up about the complexity of human interaction.

>in the same dank way

>Archeologist seriously need to shut the fuck up about the complexity of human interaction.

And you?

It was actually the other way around. Uralics traditionally assimilated Indo-Europeans.

Finns have almost no Indo-European paternal lineages.

So? Assimilation of women is still assimilation.
Mordvins and Estonians have IE paternal lines in addition to maternal lines and tend to exhibit the highest similarities to the Corded Ware culture out of present day populations.

Basically this. Archeologists also make really stupid assumptions from time to time. Culture does not equal language, pots do not equal language, and burial sites especially do not equal languages.

How do you explain Hungarian then? If most Uralic languages have assimilated into Indo-European speaking peoples, why haven't the Hungarians? Especially since the map shows the closest related languages to Hungarian as quite far away.

What are you even saying?
Hungarians are almost entirely descended from language shifters.
Pannonia had a large population that was subjugated by a small elite of Magyar warriors.
Severe beatings ensued when a Pannonians spoke Slavic instead of Hungarian, or something like that. Bottom line is that they have very little to do with the Magyar conquerors and don't have more Asian DNA than for example Slovaks.

I'm sorry, but language does not have anything to do with DNA. Also, I misunderstood your comment, my bad.

finns are mongols

the mongol empire in the 1200s launched a small incursion into the southern fringes of what is now finland&karelia

this event auto-magically transformed the tens of millions of finno-uralic natives into altaic turko-mongols

that's how history works

>being educated in turkey

British are almost entirely descended from language shifters

Britain had a large population that was subjugated by a small elite of Anglo-Saxon (and later Norman LOOOL) warriors
Severe beatings ensued when a native British spoke British instead of English, or something like that. Bottom line is that they have very little to do with the Anglo-Saxon conquerors and don't have more Germanic DNA than for example, the French

no

britain was never invaded by saxons
it was a glorious revolution

britain was never invaded by normans
it was a glorious revolution

britain was never invaded
never ever ever ever ever

>implying the original Magyars had "Asian DNA". The Árpáds were R1b.

You retarded bro?
Tons of R1b in Central Asia.

Pretty sure a recent study found Brits were 30-50% Germanic depending on where in the island

And tons of Hungarians have R1b.

are hungarians descended from iranians or what

I think Hungary's history is pretty badass though

>we wuz huns 'n shiet

Benis

As I've understood it Hungarians have no genetic relation to Finns or other Finno-Ugric peoples.

Finns and the Sami are quite close in genes though part of that is probably mixing of populations.

The Sami is what is left from the original wave of settlers who came to Scandinavia and Finland. Early Finns were a later wave of people who likely pushed the Sami north and settled in southern Finland, the Baltic and western Russia. Possibly around the same time Germanic tribes pushed the Sami in Scandinavia further up north.

Possibly a similar thing happened with Samoyedic languages being the first ones to northern Russia and Finno-Permic and Ugric coming in later waves.

Not really related to the languages but what is interesting is when Finns adopted fair hair and eye color traits. AFAIK Sami and Samoyed are mostly dark haired and brown eyed. Some say it's because of Vikings raping all of Finland but wouldn't that mean those were dominant traits and wouldn't Finns then have european paternal lineages?

t. Mehmet

Slavs

Finns are thought to have inherited light features from the womenfolk of this culture(and later perhaps proto-Germanic women).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatyanovo–Balanovo culture

Mixing with Balt-related women seems to have continued all the way until the beginning of the iron age as Dyakovo culture, identified as the most immediate ancestor of Baltic-Finnic people at the Volga shows both Baltic and Finnic cultural traits.

But the Finnish word for mother is loaned from Gothic so presumably Gothic women were sent by their families to breed with Finnish men, after contact was established.

>AFAIK Sami and Samoyed are mostly dark haired and brown eyed

Sami are not dark. Pic related.

>wouldn't that mean those were dominant traits and wouldn't Finns then have european paternal lineages?

While Finns don't have much Indo-European paternal lineages, they share a lot of haplogroup I1 with the rest of Scandinavia.

3/4 of the Finnish I1 is a founder effect from the 2nd century AD when Finland was being settled.

You know Sweden, Norway and Finland all tried to wipe out the Sami up until the 1970s. There's a good reason there's tons of blue-eyed blonde Sami and that majority of "Sami" live in the capitals of said countries.

Never forget that the original Saw Me were a Black people who sailed from Senegal and built Stonehenge on the way.

The evil racist snow people subjected them to genocide and took their name.

Roland Bonaparte managed to find the last remaining Black Saw Me in the late 19th century. Snow people were keeping him as a slave.

>Udmurts - 14% red hair
master race????

Well they had inhabited most of the modern north-western Russia until Slavs came and assimilated them, resulting in several isolated pockets. The Hungarians is an exception - they are Slavs who was assimilated by Uralics.

The question is how the Uralic language family arrived to European Russia in the 3rd millenium BC.

We would need to see the Y haplogroups of Sami to confirm this theory. I'm inclined to believe they wouldn't differ much from Finns.