Are ICOs even legal? How is this not securities fraud...

Are ICOs even legal? How is this not securities fraud? Is the SEC going to come around and fuck every ICO a few years from now? People are pocketing millions of dollars with no regulation.

Shut up you faggot cuck

*forcefully takes your assets*
Heh, nothing personal kid.

STOP THIS

That's why ICO's say "Amerifat's can't participate".

>raising important legal questions so nobody here gets v&
>SHUT UP KEK

Trump is in office. He won't let it happen.

I think eventually someone is going to run into trouble.

SEC can't seize something that's not even allowed to have Americans participate

This makes me mad. Why should the governman care if you're stupid enough to buy into a fraudulent ico

Kinda sounds like, idunno, ur fault

They don't care, they just love having excuses to fine and seize stuff.

I can only think of one ICO that actually restricted this. I'd be willing to bet the U.S. citizens make up a significant portion of overall ICO funds. Do you really think that these ICOs are legally safe if they do nothing to prevent Americans from participating?

Any better countries?

> Living in Amerifag.

Good luck with your 1% fucking you in the ass while the rest of the world drowns in lambos.

>Good luck with your 1% fucking you in the ass while the rest of the world drowns in lambos.
America is richer than most every other country. What did he mean by this?

stupid fagit murica is in dept
the only rich countries are the ones u fags are trying to bring democracy to

>Do you really think that these ICOs are legally safe if they do nothing to prevent Americans from participating?
Yes so long as they aren't US based the SEC can't touch them they can only fuck 'mericans that participate.

These guys get it.

Which is?? I'm genuinely curious.

>I'd be willing to bet the U.S. citizens make up a significant portion of overall ICO funds. Do you really think that these ICOs are legally safe if they do nothing to prevent Americans from participating?

Yes they would be legally safe. All liability would fall on the buyer for breaking the agreement. If I had a stapler on my desk that I told you I'm not selling you, but then you throw your money at my face and swipe it off my desk. Can you say "heeey! That's fraaaud! This staplers broken! Regulate that guy! He did nothing to prevent me from buying his stapler!"

>US based

Where does an ICO "occur"? Where is a crypto wallet located? If I make some scam ICO as an American and get 10000 ETH deposited into my wallet, how do they even know it was me? Is it only upon the conversion into USD that I get fucked? Can I just move to Europe and cash out millions of Euros scot-free?

>Where does an ICO "occur"?
Where the company is registered, if no company exists it would be the devs host nation.

>Is it only upon the conversion into USD that I get fucked?
No idea out the US but that how how it works here in Australia.
>Can I just move to Europe and cash out millions of Euros scot-free?
See above.

>Where the company is registered, if no company exists it would be the devs host nation

I get that, but in theory none of these things need to be known for an ICO to occur. I could use a made up name and picture, or provide none at all. In the end it goes into a wallet which once again doesn't need to be tied to any identity. It seems completely country-agnostic unless you willingly identify yourself.

I have no idea how this shit will be regulated or taxed. Seems like I could just cash out millions of dollars/euros/etc and say it was gifted to my wallet. Sure you'll pay tax on it, but that's not such a bad deal to walk away with such an amount of money.

Read up on your laws, I have spend hours reading mine. As of the 1st of July there will be no GST (10% goods and servers tax) on things purchased with crypto under $10,000 is value, meaning that everything from plumbers to computers will be 10% cheaper if paying with crypto.
There is also no tax on any crypto gains transferred into fiat below $10,000 AUD and capital gains tax applies beyond that. I'm still reading up on how often I can get my $10k tax free without breaking the law.