Tfw I have somewhat moved beyond my edgy atheist phase and am starting to see the beauty in loving Christ

>tfw I have somewhat moved beyond my edgy atheist phase and am starting to see the beauty in loving Christ
I just need that one last push. I think I want to believe, but can't .

Other urls found in this thread:

contradictionsinthebible.com/are-yahweh-and-el-the-same-god/
reddit.com/r/christianity
biblehub.com/genesis/33-20.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been a christian for years now but I occasionally wonder if I actually believe. Having been raised atheist I've always found it hard to believe in dead people coming back to life.

Take the leap of faith
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief!"

im going to go out on a limb here and guess like the other Veeky Forums christian converts you went on /pol/ and read some shit about muh jewish degeneracy and muh white civilization, fantasized about getting a pure christian waifu and are now trying to convince yourself of something absurd because you don't know how else to find meaning in your life

Try loving your fellow man first
>literally Jesus' reccomendation

you're not wrong but that doesn't make christianity invalid.

No. I hate /pol/. Christianity is a Semitic religion in which you worship a Jew, so guess doesn't even make sense.

Jesus is God.

John 20:29 Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Do you want to be blessed by God, or not?

>I have somewhat moved beyond my edgy atheist phase
Well, I'm sure just swinging heedlessly in the other direction will work out very well for you

>on /pol/ and read some shit about muh jewish degeneracy and muh white civilization

That makes absolutely no sense considering Christianity is universalist in nature and whose main character is a Jewish figure.

If you do not know in your heart Jesus rose from the dead, you're not a born again Christian. That's one of the requirements for being a born again Christian.

Read the bible with an open heart, and the holy spirit will enter you, and hallelujah, you will be born again

Quads confirms Christianity is beneficial.

>*a* god
Ftfy

and yet it happens
considering my own case, I saw christianity as another way of being edgy and non-conformist. Only after studying it did I abandon all my /pol/ delusions.

Jesus = YHWH

>I saw christianity as another way of being edgy and non-conformist

and how did you come to that conclusion might I ask

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God

I mean, there is a whole religion that disagrees with you.

>larping
You're still an edgy atheist, you're just dealing with the nihilism poorly.

That's obviously not true, they are separate characters.

CONSUHVATISM IS THE NYEW PUNK ROCK

>the same was in the beginning with god. All things were made by him, and without him was not anything made that was made
I can quote too.
But, still, the fact remains that there are many other peoples who worship many other gods.

Not according to the Holy Bible.

Jesus = YHVH, Jehovah, God Almighty, the Creator.

Lord of Hosts.
Ancient of Days.
The Most High.

Does that matter?

Characters, people? Or characters, letters?

False gods. There is only one God.

Does that matter?

contradictionsinthebible.com/are-yahweh-and-el-the-same-god/

YHWH is not El of the Canaanites, no.

YHWH has Jesus as his only begotten son; El has Ba'al, Molech and Ashteroth as children.

>contradictionsinthebible.com

>does it matter that there are other gods?
Well, it is why, for the sake of clarity, I insist on the indefinite article when referring to your god.
>a god
>not the god

>contradictions in the bible

mcfucking kys kike

>contradictionsinthebible.com

for me it was. I come from an atheist background and my conversion was shocking to the rest of my family.

No one knows which God is real if at all, but the actual historical fact is that each religion worships different Gods so therefor the God of Christianity is referred to "a God" when discussing religion at large.

This is strictly linguistics and semantics it's not even up for debate whatsoever.

There's only one God.

The bible was rewritten by the people of the devil, if you want a better general idea read the bible, all apocrypha and all gnostic texts.
You should come to the realization that all texts have been maligned.

I will pray for your family to be saved through the transformation they see in you.

Jacob literally makes a shrine and dedicates it to "El, god of Israel"

Jesus is the God

The apocrypha was written by Jews, and the gnostic texts were written by satan worshipers.

I, uh, just pointed out to you that other people worship other gods.
Keep up.

>No one knows which God is real if at all
I do. It is God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, He is the only true God.

The god of what?

False gods.

Delusion: the post.

>attacking the source
>there are no contradictions in the bible
>my only argument is a hat

reddit.com/r/christianity

Sounds like 3 to me.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

You don't actually know anything.
You are just repeating what you've been taught by others.

They are the same God.

>You are just repeating what you've been taught by others
Correct, and that other who taught me is God in His holy word.

Well, I mean, cool.
Although many of their descendants disagree, I personally think it's swell that you believe that.

you mean El?
biblehub.com/genesis/33-20.htm

Oh, I see.
Like the many faces of Brahma?

>El
Oh, you mean that word that literally means "God"? Yes, He is El, because He is God. He is not El of Canaan.

>No one knows which God is real if at all

The Father, Son and Spirit exist at the same time

No, he does not.

Genesis 33
Then he erected an altar there and called it El Elohe Israel.

Literally God, the God of Israel

The Canaanite main god is just El.

Whenever YHWH is called El, it's always El something. El Shaddai. El Elyon. El Olam. El Qanna.

YHWH is Elohim, the plural of the word Eloha, the word Jacob used as God. Elohim is a plural word but used in the singular tense.

i.e. the trinity

I mean, to be fair, so are we all.
Except scientists.

You can carve a face on a coconut and call it your god. You will have a carved coconut for a god, and your god will have a fool for an acolyte.

There is only one God.

oh that makes sense, then he just said god (generic), God of israel

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Gnostics are literally in the spirit of antichrist.

Threefold.

dude revolution lmao

Again, no.

I guess that's why they talk to each other.
Makes me feel better about talking to myself while cooking, lol.

Exactly. God is relational even within himself, and desires relationships with others.

The Father always loved the Son always loved the Spirit always loved the Father, and all around. God is Love.

>Whenever YHWH is called El, it's always El something. El Shaddai. El Elyon. El Olam. El Qanna
no, this is a specific instance of it using just "El". a prime example of doublethink. canaanite says El? oh he means El. Jew? oh no he just meant God obviously.

Your book was rewritten by the devil, kid

You mean
>in English usage, it is customary to capitalize the word "god" when referring to the traditional Judeo-Christian god
Right?

>El Elohe Israel.

Nope.

Keep thinking that, son. It's what the devil your father wants you to believe.

which translates to El, god of Israel

I mean there is only one Creator of the Universe, whose title is God.

And that God has revealed himself as the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, YHWH.

Yeah exactly.
YHWH, the god of Israel, or the god of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, or the good of eternity, or whatever.

Satan's gospel:

>Gnosticism
>Kabbalism
>Luciferianism
>Occultism
>Kundalini
>Chakras
>Man can become gods!
>You can work your way to heaven

God's gospel:

>Believe in Jesus and you will be saved

Like kneaded bread?
Or like a padded jacket?

Your book was rewritten by the devil, the true church was to be persecuted until the end of time and hated by all.

Although it does sound a bit narcissistic.

Some people believe that the earth made love to the sky, and that's where all life comes from.

no, that doesn't make sense. it's specifying that El is the god of Israel. if it was going for the generic god meaning he could've just said "god of israel"

Pfft, who needs to be saved? From what?

>Literally God, the God of Israel

From yourself, and from the wrath of God

I mean, El means god, and Elohim means gods, so...
It's like Allah, which literally just means god.
It's a way of erasing the idea that there could be more than one.
Kind of a heavy trip if you ask me.

Like a higher dimensional being that lower dimensional people attempt to comprehend but cannot.

Christians are being slaughtered every day.

Narcissus was just 1 person.

do you intend to make an argument?

There are many ways that seem right to a man, but they all end at death.

None of this is true or accurate.

That is the footnote. The phrase means literally God, the God of Israel.

Not El, the demon god of the canaanites.

I like myself, and when the gods are angry, well, I either appease them or ignore them.
I'm generally pretty good at getting away from storms and I know how to deal with an earthquake.
To be quite direct with you, I don't really think that I have made the gods angry.

What a foolish worldview.