I don't get why Veeky Forums would hate Duchamp and his urinal

I don't get why Veeky Forums would hate Duchamp and his urinal.

It was literally shitposting before shitposting was a thing. He's was a troll. He's one of us

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_Wheel
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because people memed too hard and started actually taking it seriously instead of seeing it for what it was which was Duchamp fucking with academia.

he got shit tons of followers though and he made money off of it

we arnt angry at him were angry at the people who call it art

We hate Duchamp?

it's insulting

art is about capturing the sanguine, not defaming the idea of good taste

/pol/ hates Duchamp.

Duchamp is literally a Stirnerite.

The second 't' in his signature is crooked, that's why.

you dumb mother fuckers that is a beautiful fountain whats not to like about it

>when you can't paint to save your life
>color blind
>can't draw a circle

But you have access to the city municipal dump and people are morons anyway

wasn't the point of it just "anything can be art even this shit"

Holy shit it's a motherfucking wheel screwed into a stool!

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Where the fuck would humanity be without this urinal to look at and this absolutely useless stool???

Because he was wasting his time making shitpost art instead of kicking ass over the chessboard.

This. I'm not mad when someone shits on a canvas and calls it art: it's when critics and buyers accept it as such because they have no standards, principles, or direction in their wasted lives and consume shit, that's what is disgusting. Sure everyone has different tastes, but that doesn't mean yours don't look disgusting and stupid to everyone else if you're buying garbage as art: it's just a sign of how garbage they are as people, accepting it as art just because someone said it was. It's the sub-culture that consumes garbage, not those that make it who are disgusting, but they deserve it. They deserve to buy urinals, cans useless furniture, and menstrual blood and feces. They deserve to be mocked for being stupid and not ignoring shitposters properly: they bite the bait and should be laughed at for it. I want one of these "artists" to just write out 2deep4u onto a canvas, stand in front of it and spit on anyone who looks for more than a moment at it, as a kind of performance piece. Everyone with a brain hates that kind of shit but many just miss that that's the point: somehow there are still retards who want to appreciate some deep inner meaning in trash, and they put that shit in museums and they need to be bullied for it.

Actually, he just stuck a bicycle fork into a hole in a stool because he liked watching it spin. Someone walked into his studio and decided it was art.

France was always a cancer to art. They were responsible for some of the most garbage art periods, such as Rococo, Impressionism and Cubism.

>Impressionism

1v1 me m8

Impressionism is comfy

Wait really? Source?

I really don't see the appeal of paintings that look like they were done using crayons, but whatever. France's crimes don't stop there. Those were just a few examples.

>I really don't see the appeal of paintings that look like they were done using crayons, but whatever.
I don't understand the appeal of blatant bullshitting to attempt to support an unpopular opinion, so let's just agree to disagree.

Do you honestly think this looks good?

I get the impression that some people see artists the same way as God. Like they're so utterly perfect and brilliant that anything they do must be further evidence of their genius, no matter how stupid or mundane.

>muh crayons xd

Absolutely.

This artist clearly has a high understanding of their fundamentals. Not everything has to be gaudy realism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_Wheel