Why do atheists still use the "there are millions of gods and you chose the religion you're born with" argument?

Why do atheists still use the "there are millions of gods and you chose the religion you're born with" argument?

if a religion dies out, then their god's existence is disproven

Athiests became comfortable with themselves, once you become athiest , its hard to come back. So they dont bother themselves.

It's a valid argument.

>if a religion dies out, then their god's existence is disproven

How?

>the one real true god exists
>at the end of time he will reward his followers and punish unbelievers
>but he was actually some polynesian volcano god and there are no surviving records

we are ALL FUCKED bros

Bitch please, you sound like richard dawkins saying why I shouldnt believe in zeus

>God still watches over us
He made us and then moved on to his next creation.

No it's not
once your religion dies your god is disproven. plain and simple

no god would his religion die and his worshippers go extinct

This is unironically terrifying.

and when people stop being Christian we can safely say it was complete fictional bullshit

>21st century
>religion

Do you also believe in astrology? In homeopathy? Do you avoid going under ladders? What about black cats crossing your path?

People's stupidity still astonishes me.

inb4 fedora maymay

atheists don't "use" that argument, though. the only qualifier for being an atheism is rejecting what theists like yourself posit as factual. there is no book of arguments for atheists, there is no school of apologetics.

maybe some atheists say that. why didn't you, uh, ask whoever you heard this from?

your argument is total trash anyway.

>once your religion dies your god is disproven
How is that connected with the strange coincidence the one true god is the one the one of your parents?

Why are you saying those things like they are absolutely truths ? How are any of those things factual ?

>Why do atheists still use the "there are millions of gods and you chose the religion you're born with" argument?

no atheist use the "there are millions of gods to chose from and they're all fictional" argument.

>once your religion dies your god is disproven. plain and simple

What a truly and profoundly stupid thing to say.

That's more of an atheist argument than the one you are debunking. I also believe that religions cease to exist when people stop believing in them.

are you somehow not aware that there are live religions other than your own

What if a Real True god exists but he doesn't care about humans and actively prevents anyone from knowing about him?

But zeus is literally marduk

syncretism triggers the pagan

You didnt get my point

Never said my religion is right, and that's why i'm still in the religion-limbo sort of thing

Most dominating religions in the world are monothiestic religions , so athiests should just believe in God,the one and only, what ever you call it. Dude even hindusim is monothiestic in core

African tribals think God doesn't care if we believe

Most people generally just follow the religion they are born into. This bears out across all human groups.

Can you prove that those dead religions are less valid than your own empirically?

There are only a few religions practiced internationally, most of which (the Abrahamic religions and arguably Sikhism) essentially worship the same god. If there's one true god, it's that one.

Why should I believe in a religion if I believe in god ?

So I guess the trueness of any particular God is a function of the number of adherents based on percentage of population of living humans.

Does this mean that for any given god, his or hers trueness fluctuates over human history?

>no god would his religion die and his worshippers go extinct

So people get cancer and multiple sclerosis and shit because they have free will but religions won't die out because God won't let you have free will?

It's possible that God demands specific rituals you must follow to avoid a punishment, which is what religions offer.

So you would have a nation of believers to have each others back and live in a community to protect themselves.

Or you can see it in a way that all religions came from God and each one got manipulated by mans imagination to the point that God sent another guider.

>HURR HE WANTED YOU TO REPLY

Believe it or not it's still enjoyable to reply to threads other people make with the intention of getting you to reply. But congratulations for being so intelligent and discovering the evil secret intention of the guy who posted this thread.

How do you know youre worshipping the right god?

That doesn't follow. If someone stops believing in something, it doesn't cease to exist.

Get ready for this redpill.

The 'gods' that most people know of are merely exceptionally powerful spiritual entities. Yahweh, Allah, Zeus, Thor, Ra, and so on all exist because humans believe in them.

Easy way to frame and dismiss what is to be considered.