Hero, villain, or just misunderstood? What is his legacy?

Hero, villain, or just misunderstood? What is his legacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China_(1976–89)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>you can't be poor if you're dead lol

He never brushed his teeth ever.....

ADM: 0
DIP: 4
MIL: 6

Uncucked China.

Proceeded to then cuck it himself.

If you don't like Chinese people, you'd like him. If you like China, you'd dislike him.

His legacy is Deng Xiaoping.

What is weird is that in the last 5 years of Mao's life, he acted completely differently than in the previous 5.

The post-Cultural Revolution years are CHRONICALLY underexamined (1971-1980).

I can tl;dr for you all if you want.

Retard who lucked into power and proceeded to destroy millions of lives and just about destroyed a civilization spanning millennia. Truly an epic chucklefuck.

>The post-Cultural Revolution years are CHRONICALLY underexamined (1971-1980).
>
>I can tl;dr for you all if you want.
how? do it

Capitalists won

idiot, can't even tell that killing all birds will cause mass families and permanently affect the Chinese ecosystem

*famines

They didn't kill all the birds and cause a mass famine because of that.

Being absolutely retarded, moving tons of farmers to shitty industry, and selling everyone's food caused mass famine.

>Make modern nation of China
>Start all the industry its based on today
>extensive social reforms bringing China into 21st century socially (people always overlook this)
>accidentally kill millions of people
Ehh

Okay.

Here it goes

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China_(1976–89)

>central planning
>the plan was absolutely terrible
not to mention the cultural destruction

>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_People's_Republic_of_China_(1976–89)
A tl;dr would be appreciated.

He raised the most people out of abject poverty in the shortest period of time. During his tenure, the population grew and life expectancy rapidly increased. This, unto itself, is a massive accomplishment not replicated by any other government. However, this does not negate the millions of people who died under Maoist policies.

The late-50s famine had natural origins, but was exacerbated by poor economic planning. The biggest problem was that millions of peasants were forced to become industrial workers during the 1950s, based on misperception that the arrival of tractors and other modern equipment would increase food production enough to make up for the change in the labor force. The cultural revolution was also unnecessary and unforgivable, ultimately backfiring worse than Mao could have imagined.

>The cultural revolution was also unnecessary and unforgivable
arguably the cultural revolution gave the reformists the political weight they needed to kick the maoists out, more even than the great leap forward.

Wasn't Mao popular in the West?

>Wasn't Mao popular in the West?
Nah the west tried to shut him down. Chiang Kai-shek was their favorite

I don't think him or much of the CCP ever much cared for or understood Marxism. To them the essence of Marx was a kind of land reform platform that many other Emperors had promised throughout the years.

The VCP, CCP and DPRK all basically reverted back to standard ethno-nationalism after a few decades. It shows you how completely artificial communist internationalism really is at its core.

Sorry, I meant with leftists.

He was a herro

Sinophiles and China historians burn his portrait every morning

his mil and dip skill were higher than that, he made Chiang look like a complete fool on numerous occasions, and the long march is a really incredible survival story

>lucked into power
explain

Can't be higher than a 6 retardo

what retarded system is that?

Based on the game Europa Universalis. A MEGA overpriced game that has more contents in the DLC's than the base game itself.

also I hope you guys like my cute birb

after the bureaucratic disaster that was the soviet union, mao became a symbol for the goof fight of the global revolution.... until the cultural revolution when things changed again

>goof fight

indeed :)

I wouldn't call him the brightest.

Depends on era
The early party, before the KMT offensives on the CCP, was a legitimately "urban" party with westernised intellectual sorts in its core leadership towing the Moscow line. By the end of the long march, basically all of them had died. Funniest thing is that here's chinese deaths that Mao can't be blamed for, as far as I know he didn't purge them, and by the time he was in a position to do so there was no old leaders of note alive to be purged.

Fashionable, but necessarily popular. The majority of the left always stayed within reasonable bounds, like the majority of people often do.
Let me explain western maoism like this: say you go to some anarchist meeting and say you want to get on with bombing and purging the ideologically impure and all that other fun stuff for young folks who like violence. You're surrounded by trade unionist types, folks wanting to set up a commune, hardcore peaceniks, and so on.
Now walk into a maoist meeting and say that, there's no variance in the political program, nobody is going to shut you down for suggesting violence, it's part and parcel of cold war maoism. So now you get to have your teenage ultraviolence with a delicious sugary coating and nobody you care about telling you not to do it.

weren't they doing violent land redistributions before the long march though

“Had Mao died in 1956, his achievements would have been immortal. Had he died in 1966, he would still have been a great man but flawed. But he died in 1976. Alas, what can one say?”

He's what happens when you give all the power to a rural and suburban retard.

That's a damn good quote

Mao is great evidence for why elections are necessary to remove people from power after a certain point

>elections are necessary
Elections would have kept Mao in power because of millions of sheeple worshiping his cult of personality. Look how he managed to start the Cultural Revolution just by telling the students they need to stop the intellectuals from bringing capitalism back.

>Alas, what can one say?