Does anyone actually use bitcoin to buy anything? Wasn't that the whole point of bitcoin...

Does anyone actually use bitcoin to buy anything? Wasn't that the whole point of bitcoin? General growth of the value of the coin would be fine but this volatility destroys any chance of it becoming an electronic currency.

Other urls found in this thread:

gyft.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The point of bitcoin is electronic gold above everything else.

Currently planning a trip to California for 4-5 days to hang out with a girl there, going to try to pay for all of it with bitcoin.
gyft.com
they accept bitcoin and have shitloads of restaurants, airlines, target/walmart, uber, pretty much anything you need. Going to figure out how to pay for an Airbnb with btc next.

Yeah I use bitcoin to buy fiat

black market .

No most of us are using it as a long term store of value.

i bought a few $15 video games on sale for bitcoin because 15 bucks aint much taken away from my portfolio

but why? When it's worth double what it is now you'll want to kill yourself, or it could crash tomorrow

Just make sure to buy back all the bitcoin you spend if you truly believe in bitcoin as a long term store of wealth : ) Spend dollars today save bitcoins for tomorrow.

We're not there yet. Crypto has to go through a series of different phases and everything's still too unbalanced to use any coin as an everyday currency.

Also, as someone pointed out. Bitcoin will probably be like gold, so it'll be more of an investment. Other coins like Dash could be used at the same level we use USD or EUR today.

>Dash could be used at the same level we use USD or EUR today
kek

Bitcoin and Altcoins are literally only used for financial engineering, and that's why they're going to crash within the next 3 years.

The only reason they haven't crashed yet is because not many people knew about them, but now they're in the mainstream.

i saw today that a venture capital fund accepts BTC

as an ETH maximalist it kinda pissed me off

gyft.com
egifter.com
newegg.com

Lmao no I won't. using .2 bitcoin to go have a nice vacation with a hot girl is not a loss to me.

Yeah, you can use bitcoin or altcoins to buy stuff for cheap, sell the stuff on ebay or amazon, then use the profits to get more bitcoin/altcoins. Its the cycle of life.

Yes, but we are greedy and corrupto animals and people only use it to buy drugs and wash money, that's why we can't have nice things

I've heard overstock accepts BTC

Anyone know if that's true?

Well i can use bitcoin to recharge steam
Any richfag can give me 0.0014792?
17ZXuMfwbbdxggzFrw5VjSud9oFz1k5ZSG

I was shorting eth during the crash recently.
Want some wojak?
Ps - try not to be quite so maximalist for the next couple of weeks (wink wink)

LOL

buy shit with bitcoin. Why the fuck would you do that? I heard a friend of mine bought acid,x, molly and edibles, spend 2 bitcoin on that shit that at the time was 800 bucks its now, 5,438

what's her name

Pretty much the only way to purchase things online or remotely with dirty money. Holding on cash is difficult as you need to store banknotes somewhere. Imagine storing 2M where do you put it? Are you OK and confident just leaving it somewhere in your house? If you go to bank etc. even a locked box you are putting yourself out there. Also comparing gold and BTC is retarded. People buy gold when the capital markets go south and during panic. BTC is so volatile that you can't predict the price movements by any chance making it a very very bad choice to store value. I bought couple of 100k of BTC back in 2013 as I needed to avoid taxes and this was mostly from consulting. Now it's worth you can guess how much but actually selling it for cash or even using is very difficult. It's much easier to just own things via 3rd bodies as the liquidity is incomparable with BTC while still being anonymous. BTC has a groundwork for being a platform the currency itself is meme.

We are not at the point of bitcoin becoming a digital currency for your everyday use.

We are still in the phase of adoption and scaling. It will take a few years to have most people on board. Once that happens, price will stop being so volatile, the blockchain hopefully will be able to handle all the transactions and then BTC will become what it was meant to be.

I believe they have a service that converts it to USD before it gets to them

Bitcoin is digital gold now. Pretty sure most smart people have abandoned the whole "currency" hype.

nah nigga it's to make big whale "angel investors" that we keep luring for a fews years before we publicly hang

drugs
money laundering
tax evasion
smuggling money out of countries with capital controls

No way you bought and held 100k+ in USD of BTC from 2013

let him have his larp

>newegg accepts BTC
>use BTC to buy more GPUs so I can mine more BTC

>amazon gift cards
>purse
>psn cards
>vps

so far so good

I've bought:
- servers
- vpns
- drugs

With bitcoin.

What kind of drugs?

Volatility will drop as the marketcap increases but BTC is still shit for buying anything in person due to confirmation times.

Should have gone and shilled some eth and Bancor there.

Bitcoin is an intangible asset used to transmit value. It's not a currency. Cryptocurrency is a stupid name.
If you can't tell the difference between an intangible asset and a currency, you don't belong on my board.

Some airlines in japan accept crypto. Just let japan normalize it, and we will ride their coattails later.

Step up the crypto trading game, add me on Skype: CryptoAnna

Why would I tell you and why do you want to know?

>Want some wojak?
I'd like to have some wojak!
Please sell me some for my Veeky Forumscoin bags! I have an order on the dex.

on topic:
As of now, it seems stupid to spend BTC for stuff, because every dollar you spend, will probably be worth two dollars next month. But that right there is a huge problem!
Yes, BTC has some other uses, but I'd say the main driver of the current ralley is the hope that it will gain in value. But what's the end game? What happens when bitcoin has reached whatever peak it is going to reach? What do you do with it then?

IT desperately needs another use besides store of value, because compared to gold - as many here like to compare it - it's shit!

If you store your wealth in BTC, for the short term its probably OK, but for long term? fuck no!

All of your wealth now depends on some chinese miners and the worldwide integrity of the internet and the power grids. Now a WWIII is unlikely, but just imagine what happens to your BTC if china cracks down on them hard. Image the transaction times when china takes all the miners offline!

undderated post

>he doesn't buy drugs on darknet markets to flip them for at least 500% profit

step up your biz game senpai