Tell me about the arab in the beret. Who is he? Was he a good general?

Tell me about the arab in the beret. Who is he? Was he a good general?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Slim,_1st_Viscount_Slim
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes

no

maybe

TIL it's bernanrd montgomery

Who the fuck is that and why does he deserve to be next to Zhukov, McArthur, and Rommel?

I don't know

can you repeat the question?

Get on board, I'll call it in.

It really doesn't take much to deserve to be next to Rommel

He was really not as bas as Veeky Forums says, nor as good as memes make him out to be.

Tell me about Bane, why does he wear the mask?

He was basically a perfect demonstration of the Peter principle

Because he was very much important in the grand scheme of things.

If Rommel is given a spot, Montgomery deserves one.

I despise Paracuck's swedish whitewaashing. The entire HOI series is a joke for this.

>YOU CAN PLAY AS HITLER
>b-b-but no swastikas guys that would offend people
>who wouldn't be offended by PLAYING AS HITLER

It's disgusting.

Because the Swastika is banned in some countries. It's that simple.

cant stop laughing

Holocaust denial is banned in those countries too but there's no "press button to gas the jews" in HOI4.

Because what other Anglo """""""""general""""""" could one put up there?

They didn't have to put an anglo. They coulda put Tojo or even De Gaulle

Because it would serve no purpose whatsoever.

>Degaulle
>Relevant

Or Petain, or Franco, or Mao, or ShanghaiCzech, or Mannerheim

Is he a big guy?

Franco wasn't involved in the war. Petain wasn't an active general. The Communists more or less let the KMT do most of the fighting, Chiang was an abysmal general, and there's already 1 german.

Yes. An Anglo is there. Get over it.

>Who the fuck is that and why does he deserve to be next to Zhukov, McArthur, and Rommel?

Because it's Monty.

You mean, because Paracucks are joking themselves and you can't whitewash WW2. YOU PLAY AS HITLER. How do you whitewash that? You can't. All you accomplish by taking the symbolism out is sticking one foot out the door with one foot firmly planted in.

You're probably Johan so my words are wasted, but kill yourself anyway, cuck.

hahha fuckin sperg

What part of "the swastika is banned in some counties" do you not understand?

What part of "holocaust denial is banned in those countries too" do you not understand?

You can't be all things to all people faggot. Pick a side and stick with it.

But the HoI series doesn't deny the holocaust.

>le "my allies suck and im totally not incompetent" man
>"Market Garden was totally a good operation! The Americans, Canadians and Poles fugged it all up!!1!"

Proof that the one battle you lose is the only exception you are never allowed to forget.

It wouldn't sell with the eternal anglo customer base

Who need swastikas when you can play as shadow hitler!

TELL ME ABOUT BANE!

shit, wrong pic

anglo audience demands to be shoehorned into place with successful people

>rommel
>succesful

*drops lightly equipped paratroopers in front of a panzer division*

Your move krauts

>france 1940
>not successful

Rommel was not responsible for the German victory in France. Manstein and Guderian were, as well as French Generals' incompetance

A Panzer division noone expected to be there...

Him and Patton were the faces of the allied western front, and they already have an American general on the front that they can't get rid of without having to put in a literally who in his place to see the pacific theater represented.

Rommel is an ideal pick for the German part of the game because he's recognizable, reasonably well known, and wasn't totally evil.

>All you accomplish by taking the symbolism out is sticking one foot out the door with one foot firmly planted in.
And you make sure that you can sell the game in, for example, Germany where the swastika is banned.

Saying that he wasn't a successful commander is disingenuous, unsuccessful Field Marshall sure, but not general. If he had no success he wouldn't have been promoted in the first place.

Isn't there a specific exemption for artistic and historical purposes?

His primary success was in commanding small units in regions where supply and over stretching was hardly an issue. He lacked adaptability and that was his key flaw.

Lotta loyalty for a hired gun.

don't reply to the paracucks, they will defend anything this company shits into their mouths by this point

Of course. He always acted like a company commander when he was in command of a division, or a corps.

Hence why he kept outrunning his supply lines.

To be fair to his plans, though, not going on the offensive would have the same end result as just waiting for the inevitable. Trying to wait and hold off against what would be ever increasing numbers of british and colonial troops would be foolish.

depictions in "art or science, research or teaching" are allowed. But Video games (or miniatures for that matter) are not considered one of those.

Which is a bummer because there are a lot more miniature meet-ups in germany then where I live.

Well that's a shame. I can understand why Germany might be touchy about it, but I think that outright banning a symbol is bloody dumb.

this is literally the dumbest shit I have ever heard of. So you think this ideology is so destructive right? But instead of banning any revamping of that ideology like neo-nazi groups, you just ban their symbols from entertainment?

What is even the logic behind that? Some kid will play Wolfenstein and become a neo-nazi after they see a swastika? Like they can already see them in research like you said, so whats so different from seeing it in entertainment?

>So you think
I don't think shit user, I am not even from germany.

I think they're just paranoid about any and all possibility of media being created to glorify this ideology.

Personally I think the Germany approach was very foolish. Because pushing these ideals underground only encourages their radicalization and makes it harder to spot who the assholes are.

>Because pushing these ideals underground only encourages their radicalization and makes it harder to spot who the assholes are.

agreed. Instead of crucifying the ideology in front of everyone, metaphorically speaking, they made it into some sort of "martyr"

I was reading some OSS report from 1943 and they talk about one of their main objectives is to destroy the cult of personality hitler had and to demolish the mystic of nazism. That obviously failed in some degree.

I think forcing it underground like this might also give it better means with which to recruit new member, since neo-nazi groups function very much like gangs in this respect. Since they and their literature aren't subject to open criticism and mockery by the banning of their literature and symbols, it makes it harder for dissenting arguments to disseminate among groups they target for members.

They are basically cults. Its to the point where you can explain in detail why their meme understanding of it is wrong and they will just get angry at you and call you a kike.

What's Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri doing in Hearts of Iron?

>The only objectively great general on here is Zhukov
What did they mean by this?

That the Soviet won the allies the war
:^)

>Implying he wasn't a miles better general than Douglas MacArthur

He's the lucky guy, out of the 10 guys who was in charge of Africa, who happened to be in command when the Allies broke the German codes and he was able to overhear all of Rommels plans before each attack and thus prepared for each one.

He was shit otherwise.

But muh ameriggan lend lease????

actually you can send police and administer harsh punishmentes on saboteurs and partisans. AKA the holocaust

>implying Rommel should be there and not Manstein

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Slim,_1st_Viscount_Slim

Yes it would. It could affect national unity, provide labor via forced labor camps, and provide money and resources from stealing from the Jews.

Ideally, HoI would have a pop system like in Vicky 2, and you could oppress any pop to any degree, not just historically-accurate ones.

Playing as Greenland and want to send the 6 South Africans living there to deathcamps? Go ahead!

for you

You have to go back

>only sin is not being being a meme
>disregarded by amerilards

Paracucks would never go for it and the politically correct paracuck shills ITT will jump on you for even daring to suggest any sort of historical accuracy in their "believable worlds".

It wouldnt be an interesting mechanic and would just lead to ebic wehrboo genocides and doesnt add anything to the military side of things

>It wouldnt be an interesting mechanic
Sure it would. Oppression could even increase your threat, making it easier for your rivals to declare war on you. So there's a trade-off. Steal resources and labor from minorities, and risk pissing off your neighbors.

user, you bringing up another thing that is also illegal in some countries and also not in the game doesn't somehow disprove the argument.

>agreed. Instead of crucifying the ideology in front of everyone, metaphorically speaking, they made it into some sort of "martyr"

That's a bizarre metaphor when one of the world's most famous martyrs was publicly crucified. Did you mean "Because they crucified the ideology"?

Paradox games might be alt-history, but they keep to plausible scenarios

all you need to know

>muh cucks
>muh shills

I honestly think it'd be an interesting mechanic, but if you think any sane business would court that kind of controversy and get their game outlawed in a bunch of countries to please childish fuckwits who spend their evening screaming about cucks on the internet, you've got another thing coming.

Seriously, user, if you want to have a discussion on political accuracy, ethics and censorship, just stop whining vapidly about "muh cucks fucking leftypol REEEEE" and actually have the fucking discussion.

Or stop pulling your punches and start spamming craftyjew.jpg and saying "I wonder who could be behind this?"

>Rommel
what's with this meme? Rommel was an overrated general. Manstein and Heinrici were much better,

this is only for the German version you retard
you aren't allowed to portray Hitler in Germany outside of art like films and shit
videogames aren't considered art

>Georgy "I must unite the Russian people under one graveyard" Zhukov
>Good

>ShanghaiCzech
lol

>Glam Metal
>essential
/mu/ was never good was it

Like every other part of Veeky Forums, they're represented by extremely vocal contrarians and populated mostly by tasteless plebs.

You're a big guy!

/gsg/ is hell of a drug.

>TIL

gb2 reddit

>there's already 1 german

PERKELE!

>TIL