Does anyone else feel like crypto is their only way out?

Does anyone else feel like crypto is their only way out?

I've tried selling things, writing e-books, dropshipping, investing in traditional stocks, real estate, writing a screenplay, and creating a new product from scratch.

None of it fucking worked, or at best netted me maybe a few thousand dollars. If you're not born with a silver spoon in your mouth you're pretty much fucked, and sentencted to a life of either wageslavery, debt slavery, or crawling through the fucking trenches constantly looking for a way to earn your freedom.

I have everything in crypto now and am just going to work some job for the next year and hope it works out while I HODL.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y6YCxypnBxc
youtube.com/watch?v=m3E5DHtqMis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hope so, OP. What are you holding?

I'm a soundcloud rapper lol make 50k every tour I go on.

Mainly ETH and ARK. I have about $2000 in other coins as well, but 90% of my portfolio are the first two.

Link?

link

no lol

Yeah I learned about some teenager that's getting big even though his music sucks ass and he has no decent lyrics, honestly there's nothing to set him apart so I think it's something to do with the jews or he has a rich father or something. youtube.com/watch?v=y6YCxypnBxc

I wouldn't mind a total nuclear annihilation of this planet tbqh

He got big because he was apart of the Florida scene with XXX, Smokepurpp, Ski Mask, etc. His come up was not involved with jews or rich parents (Bad child hood, his brother Lil Ominous basically took care of him). He got popular because he is so braindead. Literally the only reason why, it is a meme that pushed him to fame.

>trying to make money off of the arts

All you can do is leave a legacy for yourself with books, plays, music and shit like that. I am a professional classical musician, but I don't even bother trying to make serious profit off of it.

I am going into tech to try and make some money.

The only way to make money is to wake up and go to work every single day.

>The only way to make money is to wake up and go to work every single day.
>the only way to make money is to be a lifelong slave

Yeah I'm killing myself.

This new alt-rapper trend is the weirdest musical trend I have ever seen.

It makes absolutely no sense to me. Every rapper looks like absolute dog shit, acts like a retarded nigger (no matter what race they are), has gay lyrics, and shitty backing tracks.

I used to play in a touring metal band, but I quit in 2013. All of the people who used to go to metal shows now go to these alt-rap shows. Music trends are bizarre.

lmfao ARK AND ETH

Time to write your suicide note faggot

Well what do you recommend, faggot?

Lil Pump GOAT gtfo you shitcunt, jealous of his clout

>If you're not born with a silver spoon in your mouth you're pretty much fucked, and sentencted to a life of either wageslavery, debt slavery, or crawling through the fucking trenches constantly looking for a way to earn your freedom.

NO, you're fucked only if you're a self-entitled lazy bum. I fucking hate people who never spent serious effort in doing anything but expect money to fall onto their laps and expect easy lives because the "deserve it". These people are a blight to humanity and should be utterly wiped off the planet.

You're a fucking retard who can't read. You must have missed the part about working my ass off at a bunch of different things with no success.

Go lick your plutocracy's ballsack somewhere else

Drop that shitty ark if you are in profit and get some bitcoin, waves, monaco, iconomi and maidsafe. You will be safe and sound. Wont go up 100x soon but wont collapse either. Ive been recommending Iconomi all this year and it january it was 40 cents and its 4 dollars now, so, its already big, but will keep going up still.

>You must have missed the part about working my ass off at a bunch of different things with no success.

You think you work hard, but you actually don't. You just want an easy way out. Lazy people always think they work hard.

Losers always blame everything on external factors and see themselves as a victim.

I guarantee you didn't work hard enough at any of those things. For example, if you gave us a sample of your writing I'm sure it would be complete garbage because you never spent any significant time honing the craft. You just want things to be easy.

You don't know me. I worked extremely hard.

You must be so successful, where did you get your money?

Nah you didn't, but I'm sure you think you did. Like I said, if you upload a sample of something I'm sure it would be trash, which is why you won't upload anything.

I've been writing for a long time, and sold my first screenplay for $5k 3 months ago. Screenplays just don't go for that much.

Noticed you haven't uploaded anything so far

>Screenplays just don't go for that much.

They don't when you sell to no name indie studios with 30k movie budgets. Plenty of people make livings from screenwriting.

You have to be pretty talented in the arts to sell anything. That's just how that industry works.

One of my classical albums is a best seller through multiple distributors. I still haven't pulled in much profit from it though, because that's the nature of the field. The arts are for culture building and to leave a legacy for yourself.

For actually generating profit, you have to do something boring and something that doesn't bring much glory. Web development, computer coding, shit like that.

Be proud if you do anything successful in the arts, but don't try to generate a lot of money through it. Only luciferians and pedos in Hellywood make any money off of entertainment like that.

>you will never be like Lil Peep
>you will never be like Trippie Red
>you will never be like Ski Mask
>you will never be like XXX
>you will never be like Ugly God
>you will never be like Lil Pump
>you will never be like Oliver Francis
>you will never be like Playboy

Actually hurts

you are a retarded nigger, hard work != success, luck is a very big part of it.

>i-im not successful b-because of luck!
>mediocrefags actually think this way

stay broke retard

tried to music and got made fun of for playing the piano. called gay and all that shit. sat in my room for 10 years while my shitty friends all partied and had experiences and excluded me because im "weird" and got rejected my all the girls and everything. did the wagecuck work and was always picked on and saw everything wrong in life. wasted my teens and 20s figuring out that the voice on the back of my head was right from the beginning. the only thing keeping me around is that i have a good financial backing. Im up all night watching charts and making a dollar here and there and its more return that i spent all my weekends sitting next to the computer trying to put out some music that no one cares about.

got into crypto because what else do i do?

I'm not rich, but I'm not poor either. I work in the tech industry. I didn't get my job through special connections. I got to where I'm now because I never stopped trying. Yes, I'm a wage slave, but at least that's a huge step up from what I started with. I come from a poor, working class family.

I want to be rich as well, just like anyone else. However, I know that having a negative, self-entitled attitude is never the way to go about it.

I don't know you, but you sound a lot like a guy I used to know. He was laziness personified. He always blame everything that was wrong with his life on other people. He put minimal effort in everything except entertaining himself. He was completely blind to his own faults. His idea of making money never went beyond the internet.

90% of your portfolio are in 2 coins?

Wow dude cool story about a lazy guy you used to know, that must mean that everyone who legitimately struggles and works their ass off but fails repeatedly through no fault of their own is your friend you used to have and therefore they are bad. Not like you though, right?

Filmmaker here, kind of useless at a lot of other things and while I enjoy the art I am not that confident in my ability to freelance due to anxiety, it's also fucking expensive to get into. If I earn enough through crypto I'll be able to reinvest into some decent equipment and potentially fund my own film projects. Other than that, it will be nice at least having some kind of finances behind me.

Holding ETH, BTC, ARK and SIA. Wish me luck :3

I have gone from nothing to making roughly $400,000 AUD a year after tax for the last 3 years.

Work a regular job and gain some skills. Save your money and exploit and opportunity when you see it.

I worked as a construction estimator learning and asking questions. I made contacts with contractors and I saw an opportunity to import certain materials which were in high demand.

Don't expect to make wealth with no skills.

How long do you tour for though?

desu I work in the film industry and there are a shitload of trash scripts (really, the majority) that get budgets of several million + thrown at them. Quality has very little to do with what gets through, it's not as simple as saying "if your scripts were good, they'd get noticed". You'd be shocked at the scripts for some TV movies and whatnot, not only are they awful from a storytelling perspective but even just the basic technical stuff like grammar, sentence structure etc can be quite poor sometimes. It's more about what's marketable than what's "good" in a lot of cases.

And no, I'm not an unsuccessful writer who's butthurt that no one's interested in his scripts. I just read a lot of scripts as part of my job and am often surprised at how bad they are, considering the amount of money that's being spent on them.

>I just read a lot of scripts as part of my job and am often surprised at how bad they are

So you're a low level scrub straight out of film school who's job it is to screen scripts to his boss or do you actually successfully write or produce anything yourself? There's a pretty huge difference so pardon my skepticism.

>rap

>touring

>"Live Rap"

Lol no

Neither, I location manage and produce commercials and stuff like that

So your job has nothing to do with the actual storytelling or creative aspect of film and you aren't a writer.

>Don't expect to make wealth with no skills.

This is seriously so hard to explain to a lot of people, and in the U.S. at least I blame the education/social system at large for leaving this crucial piece of info out of our upbringing.

we slave pointlessly away at ""lessons"" and ""tests"" to get grades and good marks and a smiley face on our behavior report cards and the whole shit, all while being naive as fuck of the "REAL ECONOMY" that powers the entire fucking world.

this goddamn meme continues well into college while people STILL FUCKING SLAVE FOR THE GRADES, THE MARKS, THE APPROVAL,

STILL DETACHED FROM REALITY/THE REAL MARKET....

and it is only after college or high school that the TRUTH hits you like a motherfucking train that this whole system is entirely built on SKILL and what you can PROVIDE in REAL ACTION, CAPABILITY, to MOVE PRODUCT, to PRODUCE, to SELL, etc

tl;dr it's dream world for the first 20 years of life to the middle class american citizen raised on traditional values

>ETH and ARK
>no BTC

Not even memeing, but look at the fucking run ETH has had. It's 2013 bitcoin. You made your money, now cash it out into BTC or something you feel is safe before you lose literally everything.

You don't even have to sell it all, but you're unironically going to kill yourself in 6-12 months if you don't make some portfolio allocation decisions soon. I don't know anything about ARK but ETH is up THOUSANDS of percent this year alone. BTC did that in 2013 before going through a 2-year bear market.

If you don't diversify into BTC soon you're fucked. You already missed the 2100 pullback but you can still get in sub-3k

You really think awful scripts don't get made? You ever watch a hallmark TV movie?

Granted, these films at least have discernible plots and things like that, I suppose OP's scripts could just be completely incoherent. But if you think creative/storytelling ability is all it takes to get your scripts sold, you have no idea how the business works. That's not even a knock against the writers and directors of those scripts, because I know many of them and I know that they could make great stuff if they were given free reign. But that's often not what the studios want.

Never said awful scripts don't get made. Plenty of them do, especially for direct to TV. I do, however, think you're exaggerating that the majority of films are made with these terrible scripts and all the good scripts are simply thrown to the wayside. And yes, obviously scripts need a mix of engaging writing and marketability to be made.

Like I said, you aren't part of the creative aspect so I have no idea how much insight you actually have into the quality of narrative in the first place, which is why I asked if you were a writer. You said you manage the locations to shoot and produce commercials, which is fine but it's a lot different than actually writing stories.

Do not listen to this guy. ARk found the floor and is going up as we speak.

Hit the nail on the head.

Band? I'm interested in some metal

Man, Veeky Forums always makes me appreciate how lucky I am to have a job I like doing.

Hope things look up for you, OP.

how did you get into the work if you don't mind eme asking?

>It's 2013 bitcoin.
I feel like a lot of these people going hard on ETH are young people new to the game. It's literally all they think about or mention.

Yeah, luck of the genetic lottery. Smart people are those who make money. People who aren't so smart are the ones who say success has a lot to do with luck and stay poor. Luck is barely a factor. And to be quite frank, "luck" doesn't exist. Just think.

>Smart people are those who make money.

Nice meme

Tesla died broke as fuck, as did Van Gogh, Poe and Herman Melville among many others

I'd agree that it's more beneficial on the person if he doesn't live life with that mentality yet I can sort of agree to an extent that luck and especially connections have a big play in certain industries

Nothing but truth here. I'm glad I was pushed into it so young. It's a shame, a sham, that kids are blinded to this all the way into their early adulthood. My dad always told me that I could do whatever I want to do, that I just had to be great at it. The key is to be great - skillful at something. The rest comes with it.

Those people didn't have the goal of wealth. It's also about the goal.

I don't think I'm exaggerating, just because I'm aware of the amount of godawful direct-to-tv/VoD content that gets funded that most people never hear of. You don't need to be a professional writer to tell when something is truly crap, although I admit that marketability is a whole different ball game and not something that's necessarily easy to judge unless it's your job.

I think there's a decent chance that OP's script has at least the level of storytelling competence that a lot of the TV movies and obscure shows I see do, and I also think that if I were to post those scripts here the reaction would be pretty negative (especially if I claimed that they were my own writing). My point isn't that OP's are scripts are likely to be good, just that being good isn't a given in scripts that do get picked up.

I started as a production assistant and worked my way up through constant networking and having a terrible work-life balance. I got my first PA job by moving to a city with a lot of film production and sending out resumes

Where and how did you sell it, if you don't mind me asking?

Just looked up his music.

youtube.com/watch?v=m3E5DHtqMis

>4.5 million views.
>Lots of likes.

Alright this world is just.... I don't really want to be here any more.

I would just go to film festivals and talk to people, and then bring up a screenplay I wrote and give them a copy if they're an agent/director/producer. I got a call a week later with an offer and took it because I needed the money

WHO ARE YOU LIVING`???
would have been a hero in mah place!!

*where...

Confirmed LARP

No offense dude but you sound like a little bitch.

supply and demand user

if people didn't want to hear this garbage it wouldn't be produced

The problem is that the meme that a degree is required for a career, when that's not what academia was ever for. Academia is for development of the arts and sciences, abstract shit that doesn't necessarily have direct application in the market but is still important. Then people are baffled when universities keep doing what they've always done and aren't handing out the skills needed for 100k starting jobs upon graduation.

>not spending all your money on charity, drugs or parties for your friends when you realize you're at death's door
>thinking you can bring the money with you into the afterlife
>thinking the guy who dies with the biggest number on his bank account wins

The real redpill is that being successful takes talent and intelligence, not hard work.

Can you make any money mining?

Who males fun of the piano? Your friends are retards. You should have cut them off sooner.

My advice would be to work 3-6 months in as many different jobs as you can. Network like mad and develop a reputation as a hard worker. The more experience you have the more you will understand the market and see possible business opportunities. The bigger your network the easier it is to establish your business in the market.

Alternatively learn a high demand trade - where I live bricklayers and plumbers make phenomenal money.

What do you do?

If you work for 6months at many jobs it's just looks like you're a flake. Why would anyone want to hire someone who is most likely going to leave after 6 months?

>If you're not born with a silver spoon in your mouth you're pretty much fucked, and sentencted to a life of either wageslavery, debt slavery, or crawling through the fucking trenches constantly looking for a way to earn your freedom.

kek
I won't deny that you need some luck to succeed in anything, but you're completely deluded
Also, what the fuck does it mean that "e-books didn't work" and "stocks/real estate didn't work"? Those are all things you do and keep in the background to generate income, you don't dedicate your whole day to them. For the layman, they're extras that elevate an average paycheck into a privileged one.

e-books are something you're supposed to write literally hundreds of, to the point where your earnings of several cents per day on each one turn into multiple thousand monthly paychecks, for example, but I bet you wrote like 3 and expected them to be best sellers

it's not the 1950's anymore granpa, working many different jobs in a lifetime is the new norm

I got into BTC in 2011, I'm now > 80% ETH. I got from a few grand to almost 100k with BTC, and am now at >500k having switched half to ETH in September and the rest more recently.

BTC is riskier than ETH IMO, because of the civil war going on which could fork the chain, and causes any improvements to happen slowly. The only real advantage it has nowadays is name recognition.

The only real problem ETH has right now is scalability, and that's only temporary. ETH is more organised and is developing faster than BTC.

I can see both surviving, and I can see ETH replacing BTC, but I don't see BTC replacing ETH.

Different industries vary but thats not the case in my experience. 6 months is a solid stint for a wagecuck job, you can get away with doing 3 months if you are a seriously good worker. If you have wide experience and great references you will get hired. Where do you live? It sounds like some sort of economic backwater.

Also, if it helps, I have a computer science degree, so have read and understood the Bitcoin and Ethereum whitepapers. Well... mostly, it's been a while since I learnt some of the relevant theory at uni so I had to refresh myself on Merkle Trees and shit.

The BTC "civil war" got resolved last week where have you been?

Let me chime in on this. I feel you 100%. I have tried dropshipping, garage sale-ing (gary vaynerchuck meme), looking for expired high value domains and resell them, selling on amazon, affiliate marketing, and I don't even know what else. Currently I found a very specific niche that I want to sell t-shirts to, it looks promising, but I'll probably end up with a net loss again.

To be honest, I actually feel like I'm not working hard, but at the same time I am. The problem is not the "working hard" it's the "what to work hard at". The "hard work" is actually sitting in your fucking chair and trying to figure out what the fuck your next step is going to be.

I could of course just pick a completely random "skill" and try to improve on it, but i'll most likely end up not being that talented at it and just wasting a lot of time.

Whenever I give up on something, I feel like perhaps I have not tried hard enough, but continuing may also just be a waste of time, something that is so valuable and fleeting, it leaves you with this torturing paradox in your mind.

I feel you OP. There is a certain threshold that is damn near impossible to cross as a pleb. I think for a lot of us crypto is our once in a lifetime shot to break out of a lifetime of toil.

Segwit2x has the mining capacity now, if I recall they agreed to push it with 85% of mining capacity, they have just below that according to Coin Dance.

UASF could still cause some fuckery but I doubt it. It's looking more hopeful than before, but I wouldn't say the matter is resolved yet.

Also, even when it is resolved, it will be several months before the block size is increased under the Segwit2X agreement.

So yeah, I'm keeping out of Bitcoin, at least for now. Also I want to keep all my ETH until Metropolis is released, but that should be largely priced in already.

Shit, so fucking true.

It's a great way, but not the only way. The eay I see it, chances like the current crypto scene don't come around often, so make the best of it while it's here. Appreciate these relatively easy gains.

Agreed