Why do Muslims get offended over depictions of Muhammad but not of other important prophets like Jesus and Moses?

Why do Muslims get offended over depictions of Muhammad but not of other important prophets like Jesus and Moses?

Only Wahhabis do, really.

Maybe because Jesus and the prophets before him are shared among the Christians and Jews?

Aren't most sunnis wahhabists or leaning that way anyway though?

That's ali not mo

Wrong. Depiction of the prophet is always frowned upon regardless of sects.

1. They believe he was the "perfect human", and thus, wrongly giving him certain traits can be insulting

2. Images and icons breed idolatry, and Muslims pride themselves on being the "religion of monotheism". To portray a person that is so critical to the faith opens the door to idolatry. They would bring up examples about the worship Jesus' physical form, or the cross

3. Tradition. It's mostly a "my parents hit me really hard when I drew him so I know it's really bad" kind of deal

because he's the most important. it's why his namesake is ubiquitous as a given name, who wants to name their son from the second string picks?

It's a Sunni thing. Shias have no problem with drawing Muhammad. Example: All the authentic art of Muhammad came from Shia sources.

ISLAM MUST DIE

shias are frowned upon by the rest of the muslim world though and some even consider them ""non muslim"

They are hypocritical. In the lore Jesus and Moses are much more holy. Mohammed was just a opportunistic merchant.

Who knew the "Catholics aren't Christians" meme exists in the Muslim world too?

So Suunis are the unreasonable ones

Lel you have it backwards Shia is the protestant version

being considered as "non-muslim" is always a compliment to the islamic group in question

Thats Ali not muhammad

Because his image isn't supposed to be worshiped. It idolizes him.

Because they essentially worship Mohammed as the perfect human.

its muhammad, if it was ali, he would have a sword,

Ali didn't always have a sword

i thought he was a boxer

No. Not even most Salafists are Wahhabis

Shias are infidels

>They believe he was the "perfect human"

No, believing this would be equivalent to worshipping him which whould be an a form of idolatry, they simply believe that he set a good example for Muslims to follow

Could be one of the 12 shia imams. None are muhhamad though.

All depictions of prophets are frowned upon, even to shias. However jesus and moses are shared with jews and christians thus they cant really do anything.

It doesnt really fit his description well. I think who drew this intended to make him look a bit evil

this is just plain wrong

>Believing that Ali, the prophet's uncle is his true successor, instead of some random merchants is being infidel

Whatever your parents told you

Retard

There is more to it than you think, my fine inquisitive friend. Follow the path until you reach the truth.