Yet another Bittrex account theft. This shit doesn't happen on polo. All of these petty thefts are inside jobs...

Yet another Bittrex account theft. This shit doesn't happen on polo. All of these petty thefts are inside jobs. Same story every time. Dont keep your coins on an exchange. Not your keys. Not your bitcoins.

youtube.com/watch?v=eZRPDrlUggY

If anyone sees this. Consider bittrex a high level security risk.

always transfer your shit and put it to fiat.

never leave more than 11 open inside the exchange. transfer it out, eat the fee and cash it out into fiat.

>imvu installed on his windows pc
>mail client with his email password probably saved in plaintext
>probably has email 2fa
Unless this guy is a pedophile, he probably just has a shithead kid that uses his pc a lot. Kid probably just installed some rat or something thinking it was a gayme mod or something.. or some "PHUN EZ DOWNLOAD NOW" spyware.

Or he's a pedophile and pirated all that adobe shit, got got by sanjeet poojaahn's RAT.

He deserved what he got. It blows my mind that people can be so fucking stupid with their money. Bitcoins are YOUR responsibility. If you can't secure your trustless assets by using basic fucking common security sense, you should have every last penny stolen.

never had a problem with bittrex, meanwhile poloniex has literally stolen people's coins from here

fuck off jew

do a background check on the guy and see what comes up.

he also shared the account with his butt buddy.

There were two bittrex thefts posted on this board since the last ath. bitt is becoming increasingly sus.

That IP address, 2606:6000:6508:8800:f119:9eb0:832f:735a, is located in Herndon, VA. That's in the DC area, if anybody has the tech to bypass 2FA it's probably a CIA nigger.

What's your game here?
Every conceivable reason you've made this thread ends up with you not knowing what you're talking about. What exactly do you hope to accomplish here?

>already has 2FA

Welp, I ran out of advice. Anyone else have any ideas to prevent this?

strange how they go after people with like 20,000 or more.

>shared account

Yeah nah.

okay how is this possible if they need to put in a 2fa code for each transfer???

Plot Twist, it's his partner who's laughing his ass off on the inside while pretending to comfort him.

Another plot twist.

>ends up with you not knowing what you're talking about
please enlighten me.

I'd say this is an incredibly likely scenario

Sounds more like someone pointed out that bittrex has had a string of thefts and you're spazzing out for some bizarre reason. Your reply didn't even make any sense

Here are a few questions I'd have for the guy:
Is your phone rooted? If so, Is usb debug mode enabled on your rooted phone? (google auth keys and / or SMS can be read via ADB)
Do you install cracked software on your pc?
>imvu? u a pedo? or do you have kids that fuck around on your pc?

I'm 99% sure this guy is just a complete dipshit when it comes to security. Bittrex would not be able to help him for being a fucking retard with his assets.

I'll say it again. The guy deserved it.

All they need is the private key once they have the public key. Keyloggers, screencap can do the rest.

I would recommend listening to John McAfees videos on bitcoin security.

But other than that, I think leaving it on exchanges frankly isn't too dangerous, or more dangerous than transferring it to a wallet on your PC where the real security risks are.

>stole his buddy's money
>pretended he was hacked
>posted video so nobody suspects.
Good move.

>I have no idea how it happened muh strong password muh 2FA
>Windows 7 with 9000 programs installed

Colonel, are you okay?

The exchanges are perfectly safe, don't worry.

If his pc is hacked they might be able to clone his bittrex session. or they even have another browser window open that is not visible on his pc.

I will skin alive and peel the flesh off the face of a scammer if I met a piece of human trash like that in real life. Anyone who scams deserves to rot in a moldy jail cell filled with rats while enduring the most painful torture method possible.

Literally just open a reverse tunnel to proxy the connection through that PC, and clone the session cookie into a browser with the identical user agent.

Who the fuck knows.The possibilities are endless for a guy that plays fucking imvu on his computer.

see
Not everyone is security conscious. These things aren't that hard to do. Opportunities to steal bitcoins are always taken by rat operators. You'd have to be a fucking idiot to not take bitcoins you have access to if you're running a rat.

he should of turned 2fa on

Adding to that, Youtubers are generally pretty ripe for the picking as targets for malware. They install all kinds of goofy little codec packs and video converters, screen recorders, etc, they need all kinds of different software which is often cracked.

>constantly torrent hentai and shit on the same PC I do trading from
Should I be worried?

read the bitcointalk thread.
90% of them had 2fas on, they drained accounts not by withdrawing, but by trading into other coins (low volume) at inflated prices, and withdrawing from dummy accounts on the other end. It happens like clockwork on buttsex every two months

Can someone tell me how it is possible to bypass 2FA? That seems impossible.

Either by rooting your phone with random shitware and catching a RAT on your phone, or by having your sessions stolen by either a browser addon, or some cracked software. Both of these methods include being irresponsible with your devices.

Also, 2fa isn't needed for API keys that have already been granted withdrawal access.

Yes. I would suggest scanning your computer for possible malware.

Just be smart about where you are torrenting from. You'fill be fine. I've never had an issue. People who get shit like this are downloading cp from bigtiddies4free.net

tfw using a dedicated phone never connected through the internet and only charged via a wall outlet for 2fa

feels good to be autistic