What is the least discussed but still fascinating historical period/episode/nation on Veeky Forums?

What is the least discussed but still fascinating historical period/episode/nation on Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_empires
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_invasions_of_the_River_Plate
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nazi Germany and Hitler are pretty overlooked

Honestly i feel like the Muslims are the underdogs of history.

Literally given the worst place to work with, yet these bare footed sheepherders managed to not just topple one, not two, and not three, but four major world powers of their time despite being -almost- always over numbered and having poorer equipment.

The 19th century.

>area that starts civilization
>underdogs
No. Unless you mean Arabs, muslims had it pretty easy conquering already established civilizations. If anything Christianity is that way as outside of the Mediterranean Europeans were litteral stepnigger tier until Christianity enlightened them. Almost a reverse of Islam where savages converted civilized people.

Spanish American wars of independence

Compared to the long-lasting impacts on the shape of the world, technology and migrations it left, the Finno-Korean Hyperwar is overlooked.

African Kingdoms

name one
o
n
e

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_empires
Here you go.
>name one
Ancient Ethiopia was cool.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Ethiopia

Really? Because for me it feels like we can't stop talking about them due to inbreeds like this

nice fiction bro
hit me up with more of your black history college courses.

>not being a black supremacist worshiping SJW means you're inbred

Kanem-Bornu, Kongo, Songhai, Jolof, Fulani, Air, Toucouleur, Mali, Makuria, Ethiopia, Funj, Majerteen, Dahomey, and a shitton of other states that managed to exist prior to 1880

or are you just retarded enough to argue about sub-saharan africa on bad faith

The often-forgotten PEI independence movement.

nice memes

non of them can hardly even be considered as villages, and the majority would be nowhere without the aids from Europeans and arabs.

I would say Hellenistic period. Archimedes, Euclid, Eratosthenes, etc. all were products of Hellenistic science, yet the Hellenistic period is poo-pooed as somehow a regression from Classical Greece.

>Byzantine and Parthian empires were badly weakened from decades of war
>Muslims were the underdogs

Kill yourself MIDF shitskin faggot.

Ethiopia.

Oldest royal dynasty in the world outside of Japan, melting pot of different religions, only African country to escape colonization (brief military occupation doesn't count).

The only reason they got as far as they did was their unity. Notice that both times Europeans actually stopped killing each other for 5 seconds and focused on fighting Muslims together, the Muslims got buttfucked.

I feel as a Brit we don't get taught anything at all. Even at degree level the general processes of the the course is analysing the past 200-300 years of the development of European nation-states, Cold War and WW1/WW2.

I don't think its as much historical periods that we miss out on but the state-centric lenses in which we look at history through.

The Ottomans are fascinating, as well as a lot of African history like Musa I.

Which two times do you refer to and are you sure that the claim couldn't be reversed during those two times, i.e. that the Europeans then only got so far because of disunity within the Muslim world?

WE

Ones about diseases, pandemics, famines, that kind of stuff.
I almost never see this place discuss them despite the great influence they have had on history

Geez you /pol/friends get extremely triggered whenever anything African is seen in an even marginally positive light.

I'm convinced that entire board has to be a some nihilistic parody or inside joke to make politics even more ridiculous than it already is.

Someone in my country phoned into a talk show and called an economist at the LSE a "snowflake" for questioning Trump's economic policies.

If you consider having two working eyes and a memory that last longer than a goldfish's

all that's required to notice the weekly "why didn't Africans have any kingdoms" follower by a list of African kingdoms

to be something only black supremacist worshiping SJW have

then you probably ARE inbred.

>American /pol/friends
fixed that one for you
Europeans don't give a fuck about something that could hurt the feelings of Americans larping.
>We wuz living in fjords n shiet
>You wuzn't kangz n shiet that's us!

Muhammed, I....

Anglo-Spanish War

Koreans selling out their own for two millenia.

>I dismiss shit I don't know anything about because my ego is so fragile I need to erase the existance of an entire continent's history

I think maybe the flood is overlooked too

I'm not from /pol/.

ah yes yes great empires can you note some of their history, important people , wars they participated in , famous towns , forts maybe what kind of art they did how far there influence extended theres cusine and famous dishes?
beacuse i never heard of them

History channel decade of 2000s

Pretty much WWII and Hitler documentary everyday.

>Being this functionally autistic that you can't detect blatantly obvious bait

Pre-colonial SSA history in general is pretty cool but hugely under-studied. There's an enormous amount of archeology to be done on Mali Empire sites.

Here you go bruh, a Malian king so rich he was recorded in a load of arab chronicles because of how much his wealth impressed them on his pilgrimage to Mecca

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musa_I_of_Mali

Ignorance doesn't make your viewpoint stronger

Lol was it LBC?

>muh strawman
>Moving the goalpost cause muh narrative "I didn't mean kingdoms in general, I meant GOOD kingdoms, according to my bias and memes"

Nice bait

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY EARLY CHINESE DYNASTIES

I think muslims are pretty cool too, in a historical sense. But you're not going to get much discussion on it because kids are impressionable and Veeky Forums influences their opinions and beliefs

>Want to talk about African history
>Welp guess I'm a filthy SJW now who's opinions doesn't mean shit

Fug off Shlomo

GOOD CHOICE FELLOW HISTORY ENTHUSIAST

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT PRE-COLUMBIAN CIVILIZATIONS DESERVE MORE DISCUSSION, SUCH AS THE INCA, OR MAYA

This has to be fake.
The best part is the war in the colonies.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_invasions_of_the_River_Plate

>nobody saying the golden age of piracy or the west and east indies during the colonial and postcolonial period

honestly with all the contrasting cultures, empires, shipping routes and economics of the earth you could have multiple thread about just one port town or ship let alone person , island or country

WW1 aside from the western front is pretty overlooked?

This motherfucking pic related

By shitposting in Slavonic he inadvertently started the beginnings Great Schism

Great wars in the nordic region.

I like how the general consensus has become "snowniggers never achieved anything" and "snowniggers are cucks" without examining the fact that the region was locked in constant warfare from like the 10th to early 20th century.

SA
Rhodesia
Portugese colonies
Morocco
Netherlands
South china
Indian Ocean trade of cultures
Ancient Bulgaria
Francia

After the students of Cyril and Methodius created the Cyrillic, the Byzantine empire baptized people of Kiev Rus, with the help of Bulgarian priests, who brought Cyrillic to Russia.
He almost accepted Christianity from the Pope, by the way.