What's the most aggressive/rage-filled way a king/government/movement was terminated?

What's the most aggressive/rage-filled way a king/government/movement was terminated?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_ship).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>when the communists took power in Russia
>when the Red army took power in Eastern Europe

gross

I'm no Gommie apologist but those seem poor examples. The Romanovs were shot, the Nazis were put on show trial and imprisoned / executed.

Hardly rage fueled in the grand scheme of things. Surely OP is asking for torture and dismemberment and bodies put on show.

The Mongolians wrapped some Persian king in a carpet and had a bunch of people strike at the carpet with blunt weapons for hours until he died.

Romanovs werfnt just shot retard. Read their executioners memoirs. Jurovski or yurovsky or however you retard westerners transcribe names from cyrillic

Simon de Montfort.

>An ominous black cloud hung over the field of Evesham on 4 August 1265 as Montfort led his army in a desperate uphill charge against superior forces, described by one chronicler as the "murder of Evesham, for battle it was none". On hearing that his son Henry had been killed, Montfort replied, "Then it is time to die." During the battle, a twelve-man squad of Edward's men had stalked the battlefield independent of Edward's main army, their sole aim being to find the earl and cut him down. Montfort was hemmed in; Roger Mortimer killed Montfort by stabbing him in the neck with a lance. Montfort's last words were said to have been "Thank God". Also slain with Montfort were other leaders of his movement, including Peter de Montfort and Hugh Despenser.

>Montfort's body was mutilated in a frenzy by the royalists. News reached the mayor and sheriffs of London that "the head of the earl of Leicester ... was severed from his body, and his testicles cut off and hung on either side of his nose"; and in such guise the head was sent to Wigmore Castle by Roger Mortimer, 1st Baron Mortimer, as a gift to his wife, Maud. His hands and feet were also cut off and sent to diverse places to enemies of his as a great mark of dishonour to the deceased. Such remains as could be found were buried under the altar of Evesham Abbey by the canons. It was visited as holy ground by many commoners until King Henry caught wind of it. He declared that Montfort deserved no spot on holy ground and had his remains reburied under an insignificant tree. The remains of some of Montfort's soldiers who had fled the battlefield were found in the nearby village of Cleeve Prior.

Emperor Valentinian I literally autistic screeched himself to death

The completely unnecessary destruction of Carthage by the Romans. I mean holy fuck,

the communards got crushed hard in 1871. the republican government in versailles led by adolpher thiers led an assault on Paris, taking the city with street to street fighting and executing any suspected rebels on the spot, even on the tiniest grounds of evidence. Within the week of fighting around ten thousand people had been executed in this manner. Any communards and their supporters put into captivity were given draconian sentences, some of the lower ranking members put into prison ships (see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prison_ship). I think several thousand more, including many leaders, got exported to French Guiana and New Caledonia, where they also did hard labor in atrocious conditions on Devil's Island or New Caledonia's nickel mines. Only in 1780 when the republic was thoroughly secured and the communards posed no threat anymore were the surviving revolutionaries pardoned and allowed to return to France.

The entire French Revolution.

They were ritually murdered Hebrew style, user.

Don't you mean 1880/1980?

When the Abbasid Caliphate took power from the Umayyads.

>An uncle of Abbas, Abdallah b Ali, riding high on the success of the revolt, invited eighty princes from the Umayyad clan to a banquet. But this was not to be the gesture of respect and reconciliation that the guests expected. During the banquet a signal brought executioners rushing into the room who clubbed to death the Umayyad princes. The victims were then covered with a leather carpet, those still dying groaning as the host and his Abbasid friends finished their meal.

>What's the most aggressive/rage-filled way a king/government/movement was terminated?

well you don't want to be the leader of a heretical sect in medieval Europe, Fra Dolcino and Jan of Leiden went out pretty brutally

holy shit lol its true

woops i mean 1880

>In the spring he decided to continue campaigning and moved from Savaria to Brigetio. Once he arrived on 17 November, he received a deputation from the Quadi. In return for supplying fresh recruits to the Roman army, the Quadi were to be allowed to leave in peace. However, before the envoys left they were granted an audience with Valentinian. The envoys insisted that the conflict was caused by the building of Roman forts in their lands; furthermore individual bands of Quadi were not necessarily bound to the rule of the chiefs who had made treaties with the Romans – and thus might attack the Romans at any time. The attitude of the envoys so enraged Valentinian that he suffered a burst blood vessel in the skull while angrily yelling at them, provoking his death[39] on November 14, 375.

kek

>The attitude of the envoys so enraged Valentinian that he suffered a burst blood vessel in the skull while angrily yelling at them, provoking his death

o i m laffin

If someone came into your house and fucked your wife better than you ever had in front of all the neighbours I'm sure you would be a little sore too.

>King
Ghengis Khan liked to tie defeated kings behind his chariot and drag them across fields until they died.

>Government
Back in 1776 Americans went out for full lynch mobs to hang, shoot, or drown anyone loyal to Britain. One particularly cruel method was drowning the victim face first in boiling tar. Tar and feather was a slightly less cruel and usually non-lethal way to attack loyalists too, where they would strip the victim naked and cover his exposed body in scalding tar, and them cover it in white chicken feathers. Then he would be forced to run around like this around town while people chased or threw thing at him. This non lethal but extremely painful and humiliating practice would continue into the late 1800s.

>Movement
Look up what Christians did to other Christians for being the wrong kind of Christian. French and Spanish Inquisition, Huguenot Massacre, Germany in the 30 Years War, etc.

>He was captured after the battle, and condemned to sit on a smouldering, heated iron throne, and forced to wear a heated iron crown and sceptre (mocking his ambition to be king). While he was suffering, a procession of nine fellow rebels who had been starved beforehand were led to this throne. In the lead was Dózsa's younger brother, Gergely, who was cut in three despite Dózsa asking for Gergely to be spared. Next, executioners removed some pliers from a fire and forced them into Dózsa's skin. After tearing his flesh, the remaining rebels were ordered to bite spots where the hot pliers had been inserted and to swallow the flesh.

Fucking monsters

No they weren't

Your picture doesn't quite do the event justice.

what even are you referring to

>The Romanovs were shot
... that's putting it mildly
>At first, all of the gunmen, who loathed the Tsar immensely, shot at Nicholas, who immediately fell dead from multiple bullet wounds. Then the dark room filled with toxic smoke and dust from the spray of bullets, and the gunmen shot blindly, often hitting the ceiling and walls, creating yet more dust. Alexandra was soon shot in the head by Ermakov, and killed, and some of the gunmen themselves became injured. It was not until after the room had been cleared of smoke that the shooters re-entered to find the entire remaining Imperial family still alive and uninjured. Some of these were now quickly shot in the head, but several of the others, including the young and frail Tsarevich, would not die either from multiple close-range bullet wounds or bayonet stabs. Finally, each was shot in the head. Even so, two of the girls were still alive 10 minutes later, and had to be bludgeoned with the butt of a rifle to finally be killed

>you will never say something so stupid it kills the most powerful man on the planet
Was this history's greatest shitpost?

I think gunning down Nicholas and his family then stabbing his daughters to death when they didn't die right is pretty up there.

The Defenestration of Prague was pretty impressive.

Dude those royalists must have played too many video games or seen too much anime haha

werfnt

Dindu nuthin

Which one?

Never put down to malice that can be adequately explained by Russian's stupidity.

Gaddafi

All three of those survived though.

>Popular sentiment remained unsatisfied and frustrations with the hopeless military situation led to the search for scapegoats. In August, Cornelis de Witt, the less gifted and less popular brother of Johan de Witt, was imprisoned in The Hague on suspicion of treason and plotting to assassinate William. When Johan de Witt visited his brother, the small cavalry security detail present was sent away on the pretext of stopping a group of marauding peasants. Around the prison a crowd had gathered, demanding the punishment of the brothers. The prison was stormed — according to some contemporary accounts, after Orangist Cornelis Tromp, an enemy of Johan de Witt, had given the sign — by civil militia. The brothers were taken and murdered by the militia members and their bodies mutilated and partly eaten by the crowd. The names of a few of the murderers became known but they were protected and, in some cases, even rewarded by Prince William. Many modern historians suspect that the murders were the result of a conspiracy involving, among others, William himself.

The 4th crusade

>implying gommies are people

>child sacrificers
They deserved it

Haiti massacre.

Why did this medieval guys let themselves be captured alive?

Molten silver on eyes

+ 15 drahama. Fuck off Cato.

This guy seemed pretty rage filled.
>O’ people of Iraq, I see heads that have ripened, and now is the time to reap them. And I will be that reaper. By Allah, I can almost see the blood between the beards and turbans. Now, the Prince of Believers – May Allah grant him longevity – has scattered his quiver and examined his arrows. He found me the strongest and bitterest of them all, so he threw me at you, because you have long wallowed in discord and lain on the beds of perversion. By Allah, I will strip you like trees are stripped of their bark, and I will bind you together like wood for a fire, and I will hit you like stray camels, and I will strike you with each other like Marwa stones. By Allah, I keep my promises. O’ people of Iraq, you are like ‘a township that dwelt secure and well content, its provision coming to it in abundance from every side, but it disbelieved in Allah's favours, so Allah made it experience the garb of dearth and fear because of what they used to do.’ The Prince of Believers has directed me to give you your salaries and to deploy you against your enemy with Al-Muhhalab bin Sufra. I swear by Allah, if one of you stays behind three days after taking his salary, I will smite his neck.

>Power! Unlimitied power!

Based

The Grandson of the Hugh Despenser mentioned here (also named Hugh Despenser) also met a pretty brutal end after antagonising England with the king. This lead to the grandson of the Roger Mortimer mentioned above to lead a rebellion and capture Despenser and having him and the king executed.

>Hugh le Despenser the Younger tried to starve himself before his trial, but he did face trial on 24 November 1326, in Hereford, before Mortimer and the Queen. In Froissart's account of the execution, Despenser was then tied firmly to a ladder, and—in full view of the crowd—had his genitals sliced off and burned in his still-conscious sight, then his entrails slowly pulled out, and, finally, his heart cut out and thrown into the fire. Froissart (or rather Jean le Bel's chronicle, on which he relied) is the only source to describe castration, where all other contemporary accounts have Despenser hanged, drawn and quartered (which usually involved castration).

>Finally, his corpse was beheaded, his body cut into four pieces, and his head mounted on the gates of London.

The Despenser-Mortimer feud was pretty over the top.