Warren Buffett famously said that had he been in 1905 when cars were just coming out he wouldn't have invested in...

Warren Buffett famously said that had he been in 1905 when cars were just coming out he wouldn't have invested in carmakers but instead go short on horses, after all there were thousands of carmakers and most went broke, you had to be very lucky to pick early on a GM, Ford or Chrysler, but you could easily predict that people wouldn't travel on horses anymore.

We are at the beginning of the blockchain/crypto revolution, what do you think are the horses of this generation?

well said user. so I'm going short on all the cash I have and throwing it from my windows

Socially valuable suburban land
Large houses
Advertising revenue on websites

Paypal, Sofort, Giropay, Western Union, Visa+Mastercard maybe also
But not before 10 years

If you short altcoins chances are youre gonna make money. I think the answer youre looking for is fiat currency but i dont think its going away

When you short, the most you can do is double your money.

That's just not fucking good enough anymore.

These are good. The big houses and suburbia in general especially. If things keep going the way they are this will all be destroyed within 20-30yrs

I love it

This. There's no way the public switches from those in the upcoming decade. But cryptos might be gaining more and more traction.

>what do you think are the horses of this generation?
white people

Suburban land owner here

Could you guys explain why suburban land is going to tank? Been thinking about selling it since the market Is up

Good point.

The other option would be to have a portfolio of automakers, and allocate systematically like an index fund would.

an argument could be made for oil, but I think weaning ourselves off oil is probably a good ways off

Delet

Good luck shorting in an exploding market

Sadly, this

Okay what the fuck does it mean to "Short" something exactly?

I tried googling "short selling" and it said some shit about borrowing and stock, selling it, then buying it back at a lower price or some shit.

I don't get it

Sofort is literally the best way to pay

>instant
>safe
>easy

>nu/biz/

>safe
isn't this the site you literally have to input you online banking login?

no thanks

Yeah I just got into this a week ago

Trying to become more business minded and not be an eternal wage slave

Pretty much. You owe the shares back plus some commission, so if it goes down enough you make money. If it goes up, you lose money since u have to buy those shares for more than you sold.