Can the etherfags actually sue Coinbase over the GDAX flash crash and actually WIN?

Can the etherfags actually sue Coinbase over the GDAX flash crash and actually WIN?

Of course not.

Unless you actually believe that there is insider info being handed out to whales to tell them the price is crashable.

no, most of these fags lied to GDAX to even margin trade on that site

no

No, margin trading has inherent risks that the trader assumes.

LOL they even signed Paperwork to be able to Margin Trade. They were the ones that put themselves at risk.

However... if GDAX was involved with a Conspiracy or Manipulation... then we're talking.

The system operated as it was supposed to.
It was just a big bertha whale who cashed out and ate EVERY buy order thus triggering a chain reaction to the limit sell orders of everyone else.

The GDAX did nothing wrong, people just never expected someone to cash out 10 million at once.

they believe that GDAX would profit from their accounts getting liquidated

The entire Market benefits from their Accounts being Liquidated. They are holding all of that Money and using it to Shape the Market to take other people's Money.

This is what an Exchange does... it works both ways to the surprise of these Whales who got swallowed by a...

Big Bertha...

How? Why? What?
You seem to have no understanding of law or trading.

Um... I think you've missed where he said "they believe"...

My mistake. Yeah people are stupid and will generally try to blame others when faced with the consequences of their stupidity.

When they Sue I hope the Court gives the Defendant (GDAX) the Cost of Legal Fees to put more Salt in the Wound.

a few people that I know who lost their money in the crash are trying to get GDAX to settle out of court. they think that GDAX will do this in order to not attract any bad publicity

Assuming they don't go full retard they will form a group for a class action then contact a lawyer at which point they will be told they have no case. That doesn't mean I wouldn't laugh if they did go all the way only to be stung for legal fees..

I tip my hat to the man that brought 7000 ETH @ $0.1 only for them to be worth ~2.4m seconds later, optimistic buys won the day.

This actually made alot of people sign up to gdax and put up some 0.10c buy orders

So yeah, nah.

This. If anything, Coinbase should be suing them for breach of legal agreement and/or report them to the SEC/IRS/FBI for illegal trading activity.

If GDAX Complies with them and "Settles Out of Court" then the entire Cryptocurrency Market will go into Recession.

That would mean that certain Whales get preferential treatment over Poor People.

Would it not be possible the whale who sold to just tell someone to do that to repeat the process eventually, maybe on another exchange. I'd be on the look out. Maybe not the same price definitely higher.

Not going to happen.
Lets say you own an exchange and this happens, would you pay people that have accepted the risk of margin trading to avoid bad PR over something that everyone involved in crypto already knows about?
Everyone in crypto thinks it's the trades own fault so who is going to turn against GDAX over this?

Large sells are a risk you take in any market and if you are really worried about them then stick to investments with a large enough market value to avoid large swings based on a single sale.
Everyone is carrying on like this was some whale making a deliberate action forgetting how cheap ETH was during the ICO. What they sold wasn't even 2 BTC at ICO price so it's very likely just someone that heard ETH was doing well and panic sold into fiat when they realized they were a millionaire 3 years after putting ~$2k into an ICO.

GDAX already settled something like thos once, a month ago....

Thanks for the insight. Guess I'll just continue accumulating a little btc LTC etc and eth and move on with my life

if they were to do this shit every time, they'd be out of money pretty soon

clearly it says "one time"..... they could roll through the sell orders, figure out if someone who got burned here also got burned in the ltc bs, and exclude them from getting another refund/credit.

Do you wear a helmet to breakfast?

actually i think he actually does actually

Dear god. Cryptos are a Ponzi Scheme. How the hell did I get myself involved in this absolutely shit Market...

Everyone has to pay Fees to the Exchange in order for them to give it HAND OVER FIST TO IDIOTS!

What in the fuck is going on. I wouldn't even touch GDAX with your Dick.

I have decided. I am going to be moving to the Real Stock Exchange. This shit is too much for my Blood Pressure.

At least in the Real World they aren't paying off Market Losers to keep them afloat with the other Trader's Money.

Hahahahahaha

No.

They actually might have a Case. According to they have created a Precedent to Pay Off Market Losers who are trading on Margin...

They may have created themselves a real problem here.

thats what im thinking. suing the exchange is retarded as fuck

Why is it? They have given Money to people who have lost on Margin before.

They have set up a Precedent to pay for it and just saying "One Time Only" isn't going to fly.

Coinbase is finished.

It was a "gesture of good will". I don't see them saying that "it's our fault heres the compensation". But I can see where you're coming from.

The thing is, the people who signed on to GDAX also signed on to the risk. It's not like margin trading is risk-free.

Haha they said too fucking much. They said they GAVE IT TO HIM BECAUSE HE LOST MONEY TRADING....

Ohh fuck.. What a stupid move. Is that Company ran by Naive 12 Year Olds?

This. They absolutely said too much.

I don't think anyone has a case against them, but as a company they aren't just going to brush it off and let it slide. They will, unfortunately, take it extremely seriously and probably say too much again and screw themselves in the process.

Corporations just aren't good with conflict.

May 21st: They Pay Off Market Loser who was Trading on Margin

June 22nd: Market Flash Crash forcing Margin Calls that bankrupted potentially Thousands.

June 23rd: Calls for a Lawsuit against Coinbase

Anyone smell a Conspiracy here?

Anyway... I'm getting the hell out of the Crypto Market. Too much shady shit around here. Too many Criminals flying under the Radar of the SEC.

I'm concerned about the Future. It seems like it will be a Highly Regulated (or illegal) one.

Good. Flush yourself down the toilet.

I'm pretty pissed off at these niggers, they're being a bunch of selfish cunts. This is precisely how we ended up with retarded SEC regulations on who can take part in IPOs and other types of investments(like ICOs) because people crying about how they lost money instead of recognizing that all results were outcomes of their own decisions.

I'm a lawyer and my answer is no fucking way.

>As a gesture of goodwill
They are not legally obligated to cover negative accounts. Enjoy wasting money on your lawsuit that you won't win.

^^ this

so basically if you aren't a multi-millionaire you shouldn't even be using GDAX to margin trade...

why did gdax allow these people to sign up ?

lot of experts here. bet you guys make bank at your day jobs.